✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does Chris Martin have an obsession with asking if everyone's ok?

joecortazzo

@joecortazzo

i don't know you but when i go to a concert i prefer the band performing is friendly with the audience rather than they just appear on stage play and leave not saying a single word to the crowd, i only accept that if the band is new and very shy playing on stage, but in a big known band i'd probably take that attitude as a lack of respect to their fans.

that is an easy catch-phrase Chris -and thousand musicians, as saying a bit words about the city they are playing or in the language spoken on the place where they are playing- uses, i don't think that means he is obsessed, that's as believe that whatever random story a musician says on a tour is true, may it is may is just a joke or a thing to call attention and be friendly with strangers that are there cause they like their work.

let's put on the other side, what happen when a band member is touring while the week of their birthday, i bet they get the crowd to congrat them and sing along happy birthday the whole week, no matter if their birthday was on monday still people will congrat on friday i bet. does it mean we are obsessed?, no just that we are kind and friendly.

coldplay care for their crowd at concerts, i guess that's why they decided to appear on a random side of the end of the venue, -remember VLV era-, to let us know we are as important for them, no matter if we are on the first line or had a seat at the end of the venue.

like your post... are you going nxt Wednesday?:P

• 2 weeks later...
Guys. He asks that to make the audience feel more part of a show. So that they'll cheer. And in a recent article he "stole" it from Bruce Springsteen. Bruce asks anybody alive, Chris asks is there anybody out there or everybody ok.

The phrase he admits to have taken from Bruce is the recent" Is there anybody out there? " he asks during HLH. Chris has been asking everybody ok for ever. As many have already said, it's a nice way to connect with his audience and it's very sweet. We've come to expect it. It's no obsession.

Chris is adorable........he could speak jibberish and people would still cheer :P

The best part is when he says "How's everyone at the back?" or something like that because i always feel sorry for those people

I totally agree with you!

• 5 months later...

I think it's very sweet actually... it shows that he cares about his fans and their well-being.

And it can be looked at as he's asking them if their enjoying the show... if it's going alright so far.. or if their doing a good job as a band.

Chris is making sure their not boring people, I'm sure any musician doesn't want to bore people.. it's very sweet for him to ask. I know Coldplay loves their fans, Chris Martin is also known for saying many times that they have the best fans in the world and its true..

Maybe he just wants a rest assurance in knowing that their doing fine and he can smile and have a great time while the crowd sings along.. that's something to smile about.

I'd like to put Chris to the test one day and say "no", and see if he does anything about it. (spoken like a true fangirl):sneaky: :laugh4: ;)

He probably would do something (assuming he could hear you.):laugh3:

• 4 weeks later...