✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worldwide demo for a BETTER WORLD Oct. 15th 2011 aka this might be the start of something wonderful

Gautama

On next saturday, October 15th, there will be a worldwide demonstration for more democracy and what is historically new (thanks to the amazing internet) is, that it's the cool people of the entire globe walk together, because really, it's about time.

Read this page carefully, and if you think it's ace, find out about demos near you via the map to the right and spend your saturday on the street for our planet.

http://15october.net/

I've already packed some warm clothes, got a train-ticket to Berlin, put together an awesome playlist on my mp3-player and am so so happy that people start to gather togther. See you on TV! ;D

Ooh, I'm German and suck big time in explaining complex things in English. I somehow get utterly lost in all the words and my emo emotions :awesome:, so I'd rather have it you read what ever you can find behind that link, please!

But I'll try anyway:

It's an attempt to start a glorious revolution of all the nice people of this planet, free of any tiring old ideology, regardless of your BMI, age, sexual orientation, confession/non-confession, skin-colour, gender, level of education, etc. It doesn't even matter if you're obsessed of bacon or not.

I'll copy and paste the cause from the site though I've read better ones in German but...oh well:

On October 15th people from all over the world will take to the streets and squares.

From America to Asia, from Africa to Europe, people are rising up to claim their rights and demand a true democracy. Now it is time for all of us to join in a global non violent protest.

The ruling powers work for the benefit of just a few, ignoring the will of the vast majority and the human and environmental price we all have to pay. This intolerable situation must end.

United in one voice, we will let politicians, and the financial elites they serve, know it is up to us, the people, to decide our future. We are not goods in the hands of politicians and bankers who do not represent us.

On October 15th, we will meet on the streets to initiate the global change we want. We will peacefully demonstrate, talk and organize until we make it happen.

It’s time for us to unite. It’s time for them to listen.

It's among the best things humans have ever come up with, imo.

I'm sure this is gonna change our world very very much. Not quite the next weekend yet ;P,

but the process of billions of minds knowing of each others' frustration and deep concern and wish

for truth and transparency and fairness, how can this experience- which will be felt for the first time

in our human developement- how can this ever be stopped.

I'm still a bit afraid of some people getting violent though, but nah, it'll be OK, I think.

...yeah, me too, but only half the day, fortunately.

I think that it's good that people seem united together to beat corruption and greed. I feel that these are just the first steps.

This isn't something that is going to go away. Governments, companies and greedy business people need to realize that. If anything it's going to get stronger. People are increasingly getting sick and tired of not being able to afford rent, or medicine or working 40+ hours a week and still struggling, or in mountains of debt from loans, when these greedy bastards that got bailed out STILL get these million dollar bonuses. It's disgusting. Any average person that fucked up as badly as they did would be fired and lose everything as they should.

There needs to be accountability plain and simple.

I think these protests are good, but feel as time progresses they will get more violent especially since it's usually the police that begin the violence and the protesters are there just to defend themselves.

Yeah, this will be the first steps.

Yes, it's disgusting, and so so senseless. We still live in rather primitive ages, but that's probably about to change, what interesting times, oh my.

Accountability, truth, transparency, responsibility (like, where has that been hiding), respect, sustainability, all those things, it's all the same, actually!

I don't know about your cops man, but I have been demonstrating on many occasions in Berlin, and our policemen are mostly all right. Whenever violence broke out, it was young guys around twenty years of age, who couldn't pull their shit together for the bigger purpose and messed up everything.

But I've seen the videos of 'Occupy Wall Street's' early days, looked as if police played a fishy game there sometimes!

Let's hope the best for saturday. I do have a good feeling. AND I changed plans and am attending an event in Frankfurt, which is far nearer than Berlin. And it's where our German 'Wall Street' and the European Central Bank are, which is where we're marching to.

Frankfurt is a tad less crimey than Berlin.

Yeah, this will be the first steps.

Yes, it's disgusting, and so so senseless. We still live in rather primitive ages, but that's probably about to change, what interesting times, oh my.

Accountability, truth, transparency, responsibility (like, where has that been hiding), respect, sustainability, all those things, it's all the same, actually!

I don't know about your cops man, but I have been demonstrating on many occasions in Berlin, and our policemen are mostly all right. Whenever violence broke out, it was young guys around twenty years of age, who couldn't pull their shit together for the bigger purpose and messed up everything.

But I've seen the videos of 'Occupy Wall Street's' early days, looked as if police played a fishy game there sometimes!

Let's hope the best for saturday. I do have a good feeling. AND I changed plans and am attending an event in Frankfurt, which is far nearer than Berlin. And it's where our German 'Wall Street' and the European Central Bank are, which is where we're marching to.

Frankfurt is a tad less crimey than Berlin.

yeah. It does feel that we are living in primitive ages. I mean as a whole we have accomplished so much but still live off of greed and power.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

It's not really violent, but they start arresting people for DANCING!

Oh my God, no! Is that real? Haha: 'What are you charging us with?' ...'You'll find out!'

Way to go!!!

That brings back memories of me and a friend rollerblading in Central Park in 1996. Rudy Gugliani's New York. It did feel safe, which was great.

You could jog/blade around Central Park in I think it was counter clockwise direction on sundays. My friend dared to blade clockwise, against the stream, and there suddenly were three cops on blades, who YELLED at her and held her, as if she was a dangerous criminal, it was mental. We luckily don't have that sort of educational supervising.

Back on topic though: If anyone does attend one of saturday's events (see first post of thread), please share your impressions, pictures, etc. pp. Cheers!

That brings back memories of me and a friend rollerblading in Central Park in 1996. Rudy Gugliani's New York. It did feel safe, which was great.

You could jog/blade around Central Park in I think it was counter clockwise direction on sundays. My friend dared to blade clockwise, against the stream, and there suddenly were three cops on blades, who YELLED at her and held her, as if she was a dangerous criminal, it was mental. We luckily don't have that sort of educational supervising.

Police in the US are generally very authoritarian.

Also this October 15 thing scares me, because of the emphasis on the words "global" and "democracy".

These are two elite memes used to encourage the masses to grant governments more power. Global solutions are never positive (see: the EU, UN, etc). What we need is a return to decentralization.

The private bankers are the "fall guys" for governments now. They are blaming them for the problems created by the central banks, which are the real culprits in this mess.

So if you attend the October 15 rally, hold signs that say things like: "End the Euro", "Germany out of the EU", "Stop Bailing Out Banks With Our Money"

^ Aaaaw! :nice::lol:

Police in the US are generally very authoritarian.

Yeah, exactly. It's ridiculous, non?

Also this October 15 thing scares me, because of the emphasis on the words "global" and "democracy".

OmG, Saffire. :sick:

Guest howyousawtheworld
One way the UK could improve it's democracy is having an elected upper-house, not some old farts whom are only in there because they are the grandson of someone whom had a big house, or paid to be there or get put there by Tony Liar

Dead right. We need to either radically reform the House of Lords or just scrap it entirely. They have next to no power or influence and it's a horrid waste of money at the moment. The idea of peerships being handed out like free sweeties is unbelievable in the modern world.

It's just pointless protesting, if you're going to stand for a better world at least pick somewhere to start, saying "C'mon people lets do....something!" isn't going to change anything.

Not that I can criticise the idea, it's not hurting anyone and people can do whatever they want with their time, I couldn't care either way. But it is totally vague and meaningless, no surprises Gautama is such a fan.

Again Reilly, you seem to know things. You know, that this is pointless, because it's vague at this point. Well, I just don't know that and don't think so. I see that people come from times haunted by ideologies, the last century was choking humans with the most atrocious dictatorships (quite a few nations still living so), so -that there are no concepts yet, is entirely what I like about what's happening here. Yes, nobody knows what to do at this point, people attending the upcoming gatherings plan to talk and talk with each other, until there'll be ideas, that could represent some global consensus. Nobody expects that to happen, but they/we will try. If you find that silly, ok then. I don't find it silly at all. It's an attempt to find solutions. What's ridiculous about trying.

I am irritated by your mocking. What is it actually about?

I didn't say its ridiculous, just that it's nothing, ridiculous would at least be something, like if people organised a protest for the council over a speed bump, that would be ridiculous, but at least there's a point there.

I'm not even mocking I am being consistent and factual and theres nothing behind it except what you see before you. In our last exchange I remember my point was that you were giving these vague solutions and almost guilt-tripping Americans and being like "How can you NOT do something stupid?!". That irritates me, not to the extent that I'm personally hunting you down or anything, but I saw this topic, and it directly relates to my argument in the other topic.

Your main motions for change in that topic were simply "Lets DO something!" and now look at this protest/meeting whatever, I was saying I can totally see why this protest appeals to you from the experience of the other topic, its more vague crap with nothing behind it.