✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto the Story

Tugatrix

My story actually includes Moving to Mars in the story...

Here's my take

MX/Hurts like Heaven

Introduction of the male character a graffiti artist and a member of gang (supposedly named car kids)

Paradise

The introduction of the female character who is tired of her life and is seeking more (looking for paradise)

Charlie Brown

The two characters meet and instantly fall in love. They are jubilant and enjoy themselves and everything is alright.

Us Against the World

They get serious, consider getting married. They think that they will take on the world together.

MMIX/Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

They do indeed get married and everything is carefree. That rush of wholesome love is setting the foundation in their hearts (cathedrals in my heart)

Major Minus

Here is where the list comes in. The male character sees a woman and is attracted but must beware that his wife is watching him and the road their paving.

UFO

He consults God to help him with his adulterous temptation and wonders what he should do

Moving to Mars (bonus)

The temptation is too much and he sleeps wih her and the government of their marriage is overthrown.

Princess of China

The female character finds out and is furious. She's through with him. They break up and it's over. They get divorced

Up in Flames

He realizes what a mistake he's made and realizes that there's no going back. He's devastated that the relationship is over

A Hopeful Transmission/Don't Let it Break Your Heart

He dumps his adulterous partner and goes looking for his previous love. He's not going to let it break his heart and hopes that it won't break hers

Up with the Birds

They are making progress and he will do anything for her and is trying to make it up. They aren't together yet but it will take time.

What do you think?

Brilliant theories everyone, enjoyed each and every minute I read what it means to you so far :)

It's such a shame for me they seem to have 'bottled' the space theme by leaving off Moving to Mars, and so made it instead just an 'urban jungle' story of love, hope, rejection, then reconciliation and hope again.

Having aliens and interplanetary-travel involved would have been, if you'll pardon the pun, stellar :thumbsup:

My version of Mylo Xyloto: the Story

Here's my version of the Story. Since I started writing it in spanish, I've only translated the characters, so here's a little description of my characters, I'll try and translate the story and post it as soon as I can:

-MYLO: male, 25 y/o. Part of the revolutionary movement against Major Minus.

-XYLOTO: female, 23 y/o. Mylo’s girlfriend, Prospekt’s younger sister. She’s also part of the movement against Major Minus, although she doesn’t completely agrees with a lot of the revolutionary activities. This feeling comes from the fact that she lost her father to a battle against the Progressive Party and she’s afraid of losing Mylo and her brother.

-PROSPEKT: male, 28 y/o. Mylo’s best friend and Xyloto’s older brother. One of the leaders of one of the cells of the revolutionary movement. He’s the one who initiated Mylo in the movement. Sometimes he gets carried away by the ideas of the movement. He adopts the name of Prospekt in honor of his death father, one of the founders of the “Viva La Vida” movement against the totalitarian government.

-MAJOR MINUS: Leader of the Progressive Party. He’s taken the country to a state of oppression similar to the one lived in Germany with Adolf Hitler.

-PROSPEKT: Propspekt and Xyloto’s father. One of the founders of the “Viva La Vida” revolutionary movement. He was killed on battle by Major Minus. He is so important to the whole movement that even songs were written in his honor (Prospekt’s March).

"MX/Hurts Like Heaven" Introduces you to "Mylo" as a guy who is sort of a rebel, doing whatever he wants, against the gov't.

"Paradise" introduces you to the girl ("Xyloto") who is alone & cynical because the World is holding her down and her only outlet is when she is dreaming.. but she doesn't really do anything about it/change it.

"Charlie Brown" the guy says "took a car downtown where the lost boys meet, I took a car downtown and took what they offered me.. To set me free". They both met when they joined "the lost boys" (gang) which was against the government (or whoever was making the city oppressive). This shows them meeting and the lines of "we'll be glowing in the dark" shows the guy being very optimistic, I think.

"Us Against The World" is just a love song, everyone is against them and doesn't want them to be together.

"Every Teardrop.." is all about them being in love, maybe married? "Cathedrals in my heart"

"Major Minus" is the oppression/government and how they are being watched in a big brother state, everyone is against them.

this is where it gets a little less clear..

"U.F.O." I'm thinking is about Mylo being taken away possibly, or left to go fight? He doesn't know what he's doing away but then realizes what he is fighting for when he sees her eyes.

"Princess of China" easy answer is the break up.. reason unknown. But what if this is something just really bad happening in the relationship that solidifies that they can't be together now, both are heart broken. Maybe Mylo can't come back? Or maybe..

"Up in Flames" - Xyloto dies, likely from "Major Minus". Mylo is heartbroken.

"A Hopeful Transmission" is the instrumental that is next and maybe this is Xyloto going to heaven?

"Don't Let It Break Your Heart" is Mylo totally lost and reflecting on how he should have stayed with Xyloto and what do without her. Then he remembers her saying that they'll be together again one day and to not let it break your heart. This leads him to...

"Up With The Birds" is Mylo taking his life to be with Xyloto so they can finally be in Paradise.. hence the final verse:

"The sky is blue

Dreamed of light til it's true

Then take it back the pause shall through

My arms turn wings

All those clumsy things

Send me up to the wonderful world

And then I'm up with the birds"

Or more simply, "Princess.." is Mylo leaving Xyloto and the heart break. "Up in Flames" is Mylo realizing he made a mistake and missing Xyloto. "Don't Let It Break Your Heart" is Mylo thinking back on the times and realizing Xyloto telling him that she'll always be there for him "When you're tired of aiming your arrows, still you'll never hit the mark" (you can try to find something different, but I'm still the best you'll have. And "Up With The Birds" is them getting back together.

• 7 months later...