✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto the Story

Tugatrix

So did anyone get hole story about the couple(Her on Paradise, Him on Charlie Brown), that meet on a oppressive world(UATW; MM), they fight until the break up (POC), they realize the end of the relation (UIF), then they reconcile (DLIBYH), and they return to the start where everything is great(UWTB)...

The other song's don't know exactly how to fit them on the story...

I dont buy all this stuff. Kind of things that only the mentors of the hole idea believe.

How to entangle graffiti with aliens, love and opressive world? This is sick, those are just songs :P

Likely history...

omg yes! I got it on the very first listen!

It starts with MX, kind of an intro, you know how in films theres an instrumental with intro credits? well like that. Then it jumps into HLH, i could Just imagine the male character (I call him Mylo) he's just happy and he runs around he's a normal happy urban boy I picture him runing around in a red flash hoodie making graffitis and having fun evading the law.

then it kinda just segways into Paradise where this sad urban (hipster) girl (Xyloto) is trying to dream of a perfect world in between the big buildings and i just see her go with a group of people.

After it just switchs to Mylo who joins a group of "graffiti" friends (i imagine them as the car kids or the lost boys) and then at the end of this song is where he meets Xyloto (I picture the calm piano outro of CB as where he sees Xyloto for the first time and its just the sound of love at first sight)

and it just kinda moves into this romantic ballad (UATW) where they can't imagine their life without each other and they just feel perfect in each other's arms (Tht is like the smooth romantic guitar riff)

And after UATW they just kinda walk into the sunrise (M.M.I.X.) and start breaking free from this "oppressive urban environment" (ETIAW)

but they get caught by big brother, the authority and they get separated from each other (Major Minus). they way i picture it, Mylo got chased from the city and under the pressure of hiding from big brother he cracks and has a fight with Xyloto (MM solo) and he just runs away (MM outro)....

then he's walking on a big long road, on an empty field and he realizes what he's done (U.F.O.) so he runs back to the city to meet Xyloto once again (U.F.O outro , segway into PoC)

Then he meets Xyloto again and they solve their problems in an argument, they both say their side of the story (PoC).

So after they solve their problems, they just go watch the sunset together and realize their problems are over and they can finally live happilly ever after (UiF)

and it just kinda moves into a build up (AHT) wich brings into this last scene where they run in a renewed city, full of colours, ridden of big brother and every one is just rising again and happy (DLIBYH) and they march again into the sunset on a last happy note (UWTB)...

that's what I got from the first listen.... It almost made me cry when I finished the album... it's just brilliant!

omg yes! I got it on the very first listen!

It starts with MX, kind of an intro, you know how in films theres an instrumental with intro credits? well like that. Then it jumps into HLH, i could Just imagine the male character (I call him Mylo) he's just happy and he runs around he's a normal happy urban boy I picture him runing around in a red flash hoodie making graffitis and having fun evading the law.

then it kinda just segways into Paradise where this sad urban (hipster) girl (Xyloto) is trying to dream of a perfect world in between the big buildings and i just see her go with a group of people.

After it just switchs to Mylo who joins a group of "graffiti" friends (i imagine them as the car kids or the lost boys) and then at the end of this song is where he meets Xyloto (I picture the calm piano outro of CB as where he sees Xyloto for the first time and its just the sound of love at first sight)

and it just kinda moves into this romantic ballad (UATW) where they can't imagine their life without each other and they just feel perfect in each other's arms (Tht is like the smooth romantic guitar riff)

And after UATW they just kinda walk into the sunrise (M.M.I.X.) and start breaking free from this "oppressive urban environment" (ETIAW)

but they get caught by big brother, the authority and they get separated from each other (Major Minus). they way i picture it, Mylo got chased from the city and under the pressure of hiding from big brother he cracks and has a fight with Xyloto (MM solo) and he just runs away (MM outro)....

then he's walking on a big long road, on an empty field and he realizes what he's done (U.F.O.) so he runs back to the city to meet Xyloto once again (U.F.O outro , segway into PoC)

Then he meets Xyloto again and they solve their problems in an argument, they both say their side of the story (PoC).

So after they solve their problems, they just go watch the sunset together and realize their problems are over and they can finally live happilly ever after (UiF)

and it just kinda moves into a build up (AHT) wich brings into this last scene where they run in a renewed city, full of colours, ridden of big brother and every one is just rising again and happy (DLIBYH) and they march again into the sunset on a last happy note (UWTB)...

that's what I got from the first listen.... It almost made me cry when I finished the album... it's just brilliant!

In POC they don't solve their problems; they are remembering what life was like before when they were dating, and Xyloto claims to Mylo for been hurting her. So, then in UIF Mylo is very sad and he talk about it, and in the end he claim for an oportunity ("Can we pour some water on?").

So then, in AHT and DLIBYH they will be reconciled; else is like you said.

then at the end of this song is where he meets Xyloto (I picture the calm piano outro of CB as where he sees Xyloto for the first time and its just the sound of love at first sight)

+

So, then in UIF Mylo is very sad and he talk about it, and in the end he claim for an oportunity ("Can we pour some water on?").

In POC they don't solve their problems; they are remembering what life was like before when they were dating, and Xyloto claims to Mylo for been hurting her. So, then in UIF Mylo is very sad and he talk about it, and in the end he claim for an oportunity ("Can we pour some water on?").

So then, in AHT and DLIBYH they will be reconciled; else is like you said.

Me likey :nod:

I love the story of MX - but I think its full meaning is open to interpretation by the listener. Here's my take:

1: MX/Hurts like Heaven - introduction to Mylo

2: Paradise - introduction to Xyloto

3: Charlie Brown - both meet each other, and fall in love (the 'falling in love' is the piano outro at the end)

4: UATW - simple love song between them both (from Mylo to Xyloto?)

5: MMIX/ETIAW - the climax of their relationship - them realising how happy they are with each other

6: Major Minus - things start to turn sour between them for some unknown reason...

7: UFO - Mylo, trying to figure out what to do with his life and this relationship

8: PoC - Basically, the breakup - a big, heated argument between them both

9: Up in Flames - Mylo realising just how much Xyloto meant to him, and brooding over the demise of the relationship

10: AHT/DLIBYH - Mylo finally realising that any mistakes that have been made cannot be changed, and realising that life goes on.

11: UWTB - I picture this song taking place some time after AHT/DLIBYH, and Mylo is now hundrds of miles away and lamenting over his breakup with Xyloto and missing her strongly. But as the second half kicks in, he decides to do whatever he can find her again, even though they may never be in a relationship ('And I won't show I feel any pain, even though all my armor might rust in the rain). The piano outro shows how he has found her

Whatever the story goes like, I've realised over the last day or two just how amazing this album is.

I'd say DLIBYH is more of Mylo realizing that "everything that went before doesn't matter" (to quotes Wedding Bells, if I may :P) and feels that they're both better off together and feels like she's calling out for him somehow (like in some sort of hopeful transmission :wink3:).

Up With The Birds doesn't seem like it's them happily ending up together, but as if they probably will because Mylo's decided that he'll find her no matter what.

I personally think the story is more hard to find than it seems! I'm italian, so i need more than just 1 or 2 listenings to understand the meaning of the album....i'd proprobably listen carefully next time trying to imagine everything!!

I'd say DLIBYH is more of Mylo realizing that "everything that went before doesn't matter" (to quotes Wedding Bells, if I may :P) and feels that they're both better off together and feels like she's calling out for him somehow (like in some sort of hopeful transmission :wink3:).

Up With The Birds doesn't seem like it's them happily ending up together, but as if they probably will because Mylo's decided that he'll find her no matter what.

That's what it seems to me as well. Even though we don't really get that sense of complete closure, Mylo's convinced "good things are coming our way." Combine that with Chris saying it's supposed to be a happy ending, I'd venture to guess that we're supposed to assume they end up together, even though the album doesn't explicitly say they do.

Edit: As much as I was hoping for aliens, I'm not seeing them in here. At all. Anywhere.

They don't end up together. This, to me, is really evident.

That doesn't mean it's not a happy ending. They move on, they hold their head up and they are optimistic about the future. Good things are coming their way. Maybe they'll end up together.

The last half of the album is about breaking up with someone but realising the break up actually made you both stronger and put both your feelings in perspective.

That's just what I think. I'm sure Coldplay are totally fine with people having their own thoughts about how it ends - but to me, I think it's really clear that they don't end up together.

I think the story is like onion and at the same time garlic and in the whole case it is some kind of how a heavenly fruit is developed...

onionity is because it has different inner and outer layers(love story is a whole theme and & comprises other layers) & garlicity is because its divided into important separate pieces joint by magical and special substance...

{for example I think UATW is more than a simple love song}

...breaking up with someone but realising the break up actually made you both stronger and put both your feelings in perspective.

...They move on, they hold their head up and they are optimistic about the future.

Here's what I've gotten from the story so far (I've only heard it a couple times though so this is subject to change). For all intensive purposes Mylo Xyloto will be the male protagonist's name.

Mylo Xyloto

MX/Hurts Like Heaven: Mylo Xyloto is a youth living in a society where the government has an overpowering presence over the people. Art is forbidden (except for propaganda) and Mylo has always felt like there was something more to life and has always felt drawn to music and painting. He deals with teen angst and a series of complex emotions. He doesn't have many friends and can't share his feeling with anyone. He has seen graffiti throughout the area (bridge in the park, factory sign) and it gets him thinking. One day he decides that he has had enough of being afraid of "the man" and decides to arm himself with a "spray can soul" and spray paint anti government arm all over town.

Paradise: We are introduced to another character. She shares many of the same feelings as Mylo but while Mylo is a big activist for standing up to the Gestapo like soldiers and oppressive government, she is more interested in having a friend; someone she can rely on and share her feeling with. She feels alone, and while she is against the oppressive government, her number one goal is to be happy and find…well…paradise.

Charlie Brown: We now get more background on Mylo. He is rebelling but still doesn’t seem happy. He has joined many other "rough" boys (the lost boys), but doesn't quite click with them. They have offered him drugs and a life of crime which sees to make them happy. Mylo is against these things though, and when they don't make him happy, he starts to rethink his priorities. This "rebellion" is not how he thought it would be. Many of the kids he is hanging out with just want to smoke and steal, but Mylo wants more. He starts thinking about the boys, the girls, all the madness in the world etc. He wants to glow, he wants to be special. He decides to lead his own innocent riot against the government. He then sets up a pirate radio station called Major Minus Media. His riot begins to gain traction.

Us Against The World: Paradise girl decides to go to a secret meeting of Mylo's gang, the Car Kids (yes, I went there). They meet up and the two fall deeply in love. They have found the answers to all their problems in each other. They still feel like outcasts but now they know that there's another person like them, and Mylo tells her "It's just Us Against The World."

M.M.I.X/ Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: Mylo and Paradise girl's gang has really caught on now. They hold secret concerts over Major Minus Media and the finally feel happy for the first time they can remember. And all the kids they dance, all the kids all night, until Monday morning feels another life. So yeah. The do that.

Major Minus: The villain. Major Minus is not necessarily a specific person but rather a presence similar to the eye of Sauron. He may or may not be a real person, as no one has ever met him. He works through the Gestapo like soldiers and you never know when he is watching you. Everyone's paranoid and after a couple of the kids have gone missing, many think Major Minus is on to them and their satirically named "Major Minus Media". Mylo starts to feel guilty. He doesn't know where those kids are and he feels like he's responsible. He also has a gut feeling Major Minus is toying with him.

U.F.O: Mylo is trying to deal with his life which has become troublesome again. He finds sanctuary in Paradise girl. And hopes one day they can get past all to this to a place where the streets are paved with gold.

Princess of China: Mylo and Paradise are starting to fight. The fear of being caught and trying to manage the car kids have pushed them apart. They've lost sight of what has made them really happy and are on the verge of a break up and…

Up In Flames: …they break up. Mylo can't believe there love is truly gone forever. He hasn't seen her and has tried to contact her but he just can't find her. He knows in his heart there's nothing he can do. Like they say, you don't know what you have until it's gone. That's how Mylo feels, and it's not a good feeling.

A Hopeful Transmission/ Don't Let It Break Your Heart: It has been a very long time since Mylo has seen Paradise girl, but he still loves her. It one final act of love, he runs in the middle of the night to the Major Minus Media radio tower. He doesn't care if he's seen, there's no fear in his mind. He has to reach her. He runs through the streets until he reaches the tower. When he gets there, he pulls out his guitar and prays Paradise is listening. He plays Don't Let It Break Your Heart for her.

Up With The Birds: The Major Minus Media tower is surrounded by soldiers. Mylo has been wanted by them for a while now and they finally have their chance to get him. He saw this coming, if he can't have Paradise it doesn't matter to him, so he took the risk to try to reach her. As the first part of the song ends Mylo looks around to see that Paradise is also in the tower. Neither of them care now if there armor "rusts in the rain". There together and everything will work out as long as they have love.

The End

I know that's a lot and I took a lot of creative liberties, but that's my story for you! Hope you enjoy it!:D

They don't end up together. This, to me, is really evident.

That doesn't mean it's not a happy ending. They move on, they hold their head up and they are optimistic about the future. Good things are coming their way. Maybe they'll end up together.

The last half of the album is about breaking up with someone but realising the break up actually made you both stronger and put both your feelings in perspective.

That's just what I think. I'm sure Coldplay are totally fine with people having their own thoughts about how it ends - but to me, I think it's really clear that they don't end up together.

I don't really think the second half is about moving on, in the second half they run away, don't know what to do, break up, Mylo sulks about it, and then in Don't Let It Break Your Heart the lyrics seem to say that "she" calls out to him from a shipwreck (if those are the correct lyrics). Finally in UWTB, Mylo sings about floating all over the world just to see her again. So no they don't necessarily end up together (yet), but the story isn't about them moving on and realising they might be better off seperated.