✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MYLO XYLOTO SALES PREDICTION

ihaveabono

^Can't wait.

I predict that Mylo Xylotoe will sell well in Denmark - both the singles ETiaW and Paradise did well in the charts (debuted at no. 3 and 4 in iTunes Denmark). Paradise is currently no. 19 in the weekly countdown of iTunes, Denmark downloads - up from 24.

BUT I am sad knowing that Mylo Xylotoe will not make it to number one in the Danish album charts because on 14 October one of Denmark's absolutely most popular artists released his second album. His first album went to number 1 within weeks and stayed there for 25 consecutive weeks - record for Denmark (it sold 200,000 copies which is much in Denmark).

So naturally the second album will go straight to number one and stay there for several - probably many - weeks. So bad luck Coldplay. :cry:

But I expect good sales for the M.X. album - in particular in the states.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see and compare with the previous four albums as I dont have any experience of first week album sales!

Both X&Y and VLV sold over 700K in the US during their first week.

I think AROBTHH sold 300K and Parachutes 60K (not really sure about AROBTHH though)

However ALL 4 albums sold between 2 & 3 millions.

MX will sell over 2 millions (that's pretty much a given) but the real test is the 1st week of sales, it has to be bigger than X&Y (which is their best sales week in the US)

MX needs to have a good staying power (which shouldn't be a problem with POC, CB, HLH, these songs can become huge and crossover hits)

I wonder what they have in presales already. When it first went for preorders it was top 10 on itunes for at least a week. Now it hit no. 1 on itunes. Did this happen prior to Viva la Vida?

I think Coldplay has the fanbase to get 700k first week again.

Yes it will be counted i think as the first week in Pre-orders...

If POC is a hit IN UK this album will be HUGE UK is crazy for Rihanna right now and so is the rest of the world her LOUD album sold around 1.4M and is still selling in UK

so a hit for Poc will be huge for UK sales and WW

but im really curious how this will relflect in the real first week sales

maybe it'll cross one million in the us first week :P

ok that's not easy to do but it'd be a good story

No, Lady Gaga barely did it (and 30% of those were a 99 cent CD promotion on Amazon). And she sells more records.

Retail mavens are predicting first-week sales in the 500k neighborhood

:dozey: :( :o

Not what I expected and I personally think that anything under 700K is a disappointment but going 500K is a very strong first week. If EMI had pushed Paradise on Pop radios earlier, it would have sold more. Hopefully, MX will have a good staying power.

Again, these are just first estimates, we'll have more estimates on Monday evening.

Hopefully, MX will sell more than 700K :FingersCrossed:

Guest howyousawtheworld
Retail mavens are predicting first-week sales in the 500k neighborhood

:dozey: :( :o

Not what I expected and I personally think that anything under 700K is a disappointment but going 500K is a very strong first week. If EMI had pushed Paradise on Pop radios earlier, it would have sold more. Hopefully, MX will have a good staying power.

Again, these are just first estimates, we'll have more estimates on Monday evening.

Hopefully, MX will sell more than 700K :FingersCrossed:

It's more easier than ever before to download music on the internet, even easier than 3 and a half years ago when VLV came out so it's no surprise that predicted sales are less than the previous two. Social networking has become even more massive, particularly with the explosion in popularity of twitter in late 2008 so there's more opportunities for people to gain access to links to downloads. They were raving here about Noel Gallagher being the first artist in over a week to sell over 100,000 records in one week. Even Kasabian couldn't manage 100k in one week with their record.

Coldplay tweeted that the album pre-sales surged yesterday (for some reason or other, hmmm :thinking: :P) so I think this will be their biggest opening week. Especially if some Rihanna die hards buy the whole thing too.

Highly doubt the latter part. Most Rhianna fans are kids post iTunes so they would definitely just buy Poc as a single, not the whole album. If MX sells well, it will be because of the overall package and not just a stand-alone tune

Well I think that at this point next year MX will have sold about 7-8 million copies Worldwide.....2+million being sold in the U.S.A. and about 1.1 million in the U.K.

Thats my prediction

Does anyone know what the final sales figures Worldwide for all of coldplays albums are?

After reading a lot of your posts, I think it's your own mindset that is the problem. Comments like saying "real coldplay" proves it. This is as "real" as Coldplay ever have been and ever will.

Using synths and hip hop bass/drum beats doesn't make this not "real". It's the artistic direction the boys want to take.

This is Coldplay!!! evolving^^