✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do You Think Coldplay Is Done?

SonnyIanni

As for Coldplay in the mainstream, I couldn't care less. The last respectable decade for music (to me) was the 1990s as music sounded like it was being played in a studio, not scripted through a laptop. I'm disgusted with the state of modern rock and pop. The voices sounded live because not all of them were perfect. There was still an art to writing and performing your own music. Then there's the diversity. We had jangly pop rock, grunge, metal, RnB, rap, techno. I didn't like all those genres but at least at the time it felt less of a cookie-cut recipe and more as just a scene. That's totally unlike the industry now. Not that i'm claiming that didn't happen back then, but it's a heck of a lot more apparent in music now with auto-tune and Timberland-style backbeats. I'll stop here as that's another thread entirely.

Um...do you listen to anything outside of the mainstream? Sure, the slick, manafactured stuff is what's popular now, but there's countless bands and releases that stay away from all that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...do you listen to anything outside of the mainstream? Sure, the slick, manafactured stuff is what's popular now, but there's countless bands and releases that stay away from all that.

Yes, I do and a lot of it is really good. I think Wilco is a noteworthy example here and definitely deserve a lot more acclaim.

Oh please, NME did a cover story back in 2005 when chris said that about X&Y.

-The article actually went into a whole load of detail where chris extensively spoke about how it could be their last.

screenshot20111022at131.png

Lol! I've never seen a write up of Coldplay less subtle or more obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if after digging around for long enough, you find a quote from Chris along the lines of "I can't see us doing anything else beyond the Safety EP, bands shouldn't consist of members beyond the age of 22".

I agree, but 2015 is still very long away. I'm still hoping for a new, official, live dvd. Never really understood why they didn't release one of the Viva tour..

This! Even if they say yes, it's so far away! We don't know what are they going to decide after the MX tour....

Lol! I've never seen a write up of Coldplay less subtle or more obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if after digging around for long enough, you find a quote from Chris along the lines of "I can't see us doing anything else beyond the Safety EP, bands shouldn't consist of members beyond the age of 22".

Well, just after finishing Parachutes Chris claimed that "they were out of ideas". And then we got the monster that is ARoBttH.

So, Chris has literally been saying "this is going to be our last album" since Parachutes. I wouldn't be worried, guys. Besides the fact that the guys have signed another record contract with EMI, so we'll be seeing at least one-to-two more albums from them.

u think eno, dravs, green, simpson and company will return for LP6???

Out of those names, the only i'd like to see return is Eno because I think under his Production, he'd push the creativity of its band to the absolute limit. It won't happen though because Chris is too protective of his baby that is Coldplay.

Eno has a reputation (just look to Talking Heads, U2 and Roxy Music) for being quite the dictator when collaborating but with the best of intentions. The making of the Joshua Tree Documentary is a good example of this where while there were tensions aplenty between U2 and Eno, at the back of their minds they knew it was for the better despite not liking being told what to do. As for Chris, he's open to ideas but I don't think anyone would be able to talk him down. I should know, my Birthday is the day after his :D

u think eno, dravs, green, simpson and company will return for LP6???

I think Rik Simpson and Dan Green will. As far as I know they have been with the band for a while and have performed a number of roles. Part of the Coldplay family really. As far as Eno or Draves I could see them going in another direction for the "head" producer. Not because they are unhappy with the work... more just because I see them wanting something fresh.