✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do You Think Coldplay Is Done?

SonnyIanni

As they have said this many times with previous efforts, Coldplay are saying that Mylo Xyloto may be their last record. What do you think?

EDIT: Personally, I doubt this is true. I could see them making one more record to make before they take a little break. I doubt that they will ever break up anytime soon!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's what Chris has been getting at when people claim he said that.

I believe he says that they should treat every album like its their last for the purpose of making the most of it and having fun, and producing GOOD music.

Kind of like the saying, "Treat every day like it's your last".

oh for the love of the dios people, they're fine. after what chris said at lollapalooza about R.E.M. breaking up? There was a huge outburst of this same topic around the VIVA era, either slightly before or just after it landed. Like seriously...they'll be here. If anything they'll take a break after the next album.

Of course they aren't done. They say "It feels like it may be our last one" after every album is released because they've been working incredibly hard to get it done and anyone would feel like they had no ideas left.

To me, they'll definitely be back but it may be a while. I think they'll do a massive tour (like VLV) for around 2-3 years and then get back in the studio

That contract probably includes re-releases like box sets and greatest hits. I personally can't wait for the greatest hits album, Chris does an excellent job promoting it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOtmimxSVw]Chris Martin On Extras - YouTube[/ame]

They’ve never experienced a flop, all of their albums have been great hits, so… wait for a flop (or a less successful venture). That’d be a real test. That could make or break them.

Either they could break up in despair (and I really hope not), or come back as their real self, and by that I don’t mean their old self, but as four guys who like to push their music boundaries and not try to systematically please everyone. How can they be so insecure after four incredibly successful albums? It’s great and very down-to-earth of them non to take anything for granted (success included), it shows they’re still human beings and not soulless rock (pop?) stars. But musically it’s deleterious, as Mylo Xyloto shows (still a nice record but as schizophrenic and uninspired as it gets).

So, in short, they’re not done yet.

Let’s wait for the sales data, then bets are open.

Chris saying this might be their last album is SOP at this point, I'd be more worried if he wasn't saying that. I could see them taking a year off before LP6 though, most of their kids are in prime childhood years. I also think we could get an EP, a live album, and a greatest hits to fill the gap though, then a new album in 2015 or so.

Chris saying this might be their last album is SOP at this point, I'd be more worried if he wasn't saying that. I could see them taking a year off before LP6 though, most of their kids are in prime childhood years. I also think we could get an EP, a live album, and a greatest hits to fill the gap though, then a new album in 2015 or so.

me too .....they really deserve a vacation still i want a new album even if it takes 10 years please coldplay if you are reading this (witch i think you are not) please remember this message after 10 years or so or more and make a new album....please just remember this message

It wasn't stupid question to ask. The NME interview scared me a little. I myself doubt that they will break up anytime soon. It feels to me as if they are just getting started! When I said "I actually believe that they have one more record to make before they leave the stage.", I was stating something that I could see happening in the future, but that doesn't mean that I think they are done! NO WAY! Love live Coldplay!