✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown vs. Viva la Vida?

yanksrock1000

I think Viva is the better song by quite a long way.

RIGHT NOW I'd prefer to listen to Charlie Brown, but that's just because I've heard Viva a million times before.

But when Viva came out, I couldn't stop listening to it. It was amazing. It had more power than Charlie Brown does.

But they are both fantastic songs. Two of Coldplay's best.

Talking strictly studio versions it's a toss up between Charlie Brown, Viva La Vida and Fix You

Live songs is between Charlie Brown, Clocks and Violet Hill

Considering Charlie Brown made both lists, I guess I have my answer.

I think both Fix You, Viva la Vida and Charlie Brown are all better live than they are in the studio versions.

haha.

I think both Fix You, Viva la Vida and Charlie Brown are all better live than they are in the studio versions.

haha.

I actually prefer the studio versions of Viva and Fix You to the live performances. Those aren't the only two either (Everything's Not Lost, Speed of Sound, The Scientist, Lovers in Japan, Life in Technicolor II, Politik....)

Don't get me wrong, there are still a ton of songs I prefer live to studio (Shiver, Hurts Like Heaven, Clocks, Violet Hill, God Put a Smile on My Face, Paradise, Trouble, Talk....)

And plenty more I like equally but maybe in different ways (Charlie Brown, Death and All His Friends, Lost, In My Place, Glass of Water, Yellow, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, Sparks, Us Against the World....)

It really irritates me when people say that a song's quality is affected by how much radio play it gets.

Viva is the exact same song as when it came out, and if it was better than Charlie Brown then, before the radio exposure, then it now as well.

I think Viva la Vida is in a different league. It's more of an anthem song. As far as favorites, I agree with the person above that said they were hooked on VLV, then Life in Technicolor ii. Just insert my previous obsession with ETIAW. I'm stuck on CB now!

I feel like the studio --> live improvement is bigger in CB than in VLV, which is to say I don't like the album version of CB as much as I had hoped.

But I still like CB better...its feel-good vibe is really good, it's fast/jumpy/happy/catchy; I like its lyrics and rough message more.

Coldplay will still always be remembered for VLV, I think, but I like CB better.