✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-May-2012] Coldplay @ Ricoh Arena, Coventry, UK

Thank you for the response i was planning on getting there around an hour before doors maybe earlier, would love to get as close as possible as in December at the 02 I was sat right at the top haha would 3/4 be a good time to get there then?

Yh that sounds like a good time i think, youll get good standing up spots hopefully, ricoh is different to emirates though, but that sounds like a good time to get there, although dont take my word for it though haha, im merely just taking a guess judging on the ricoh standing up spots

How long did the show go on for? I read over 2 hours but I also read that they started at 9:15, and the curfew for Ricoh was 11?

No way was it that long, I think they were late coming on to the stage, but id say they were on for 1hr and a half maybe, or 1hr45mins max

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 16 years of age, i have been to a few concerts before, however i can safely say that has been the greatest experience of my life so far. i have been listening to their music for years and last night was incredible, words cannot explain how amazing it was.

To look back at this event in the future, will they release a dvd of last night? if not, is there anyway i can get a dvd of last night as my phone is appalling and the photo/video quality is as well. thank you

My video and photos from last night

As promised, here's my video and photos from last night's fantastic gig:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2BYjw3HiKM]Coldplay - Warning Sign @ Ricoh Arena, Coventry - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsrich/sets/72157629974311488/show/]Coldplay @ Ricoh Arena, Coventry 290512[/ame]

Coldplay get loads of celebs at their gigs - the bald guy was in classic 80s film The Goonies:

Sloth-the-goonies.jpg

<edit> Just joking! Sorry bald guy if you read this, I couldn't resist!! :hug:

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

OMG!!

Sloth: "Break! Fall!!"

Mama: "No Sloth I only dropped you once. Well maybe twice"

:laugh3:

Coldplay get loads of celebs at their gigs - the bald guy was in classic 80s film The Goonies:

Sloth-the-goonies.jpg

OMG LOL

Guys why is there a severely mutated 3-eyed person in the crowd? AuKqN1VCEAAG0mu.jpg

Sloth-the-goonies.jpg

HAHAHA! OMG.. :laugh3::laugh3:

Looks like R42 has been playing with photoshop. If you took two photos of the same thing, and one wasn't as good as you wanted, but the other had elements you wanted, you could stitch it together using TWO photos taken at the same time.. Looks like that is what he did. I noticed that the other day, focussing on the OTHER side of the panorama.... But yeah if that was you.. you'd be a bit annoyed I would imagine! LOL

I attended the Coldplay gig at this venue and it was simply mindblowing, i do not have any other words to describe what i witnessed. I traveled up from South Wales in the early hours of the morning and was queing from 1 30 pm before the gates opened at 5, it was all worth the wait as i was right at the front within touching distance of the band on the X of the stage where they performed. I have some pictures and videos to follow if you guys would like me to post them?

matt-harris-sent-this-picture-of-the-ricoh-arena-before-coldplay-s-gig-861412369.jpg

Coventry Telegraph: Coldplay 'to fix' local economy

COLDPLAY’S sell-out gig in Coventry was good for business, say local leaders. Every industry from taxi services to restaurants and hotels benefited from Tuesday night’s hotly-anticipated concert at the city’s Ricoh Arena.

And business leaders believe bringing an event like this to the region will massively raise the profile of Coventry and help boost the local economy. Liz Cooper, marketing director of the Ricoh Arena, said from a business perspective the Coldplay concert had had a positive knock-on effect.

“The majority of people among the 40,500 crowd were from the Midlands but Coldplay fans also travelled from the North East and the South of England to see the opening night of their UK tour,” she said. “In terms of hospitality, we looked after 2,000 corporate guests which is our largest number in one night for a concert and it was great preparation ahead of the Olympics which it is believed is going to be worth around £50 million to the local economy.

"We also sold high volumes of refreshments and food within the stadium bowl and enticing such a large number of people to the city leads to business for taxi companies, hotels, shops and restaurants which can only be seen as a positive in this current economic climate. There is also a feel-good factor generated because everyone in the Ricoh who is from Coventry and Warwickshire must have felt pride that we are able to attract supergroups such as Coldplay. Looking to the future, we are firmly established as the premier Midlands concert venue for many promoters which can only bode well for future prosperity for the regional economy.”

Louise Bennett, chief executive of the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce, has praised the Ricoh Arena for putting on the sell-out show. “Bringing this kind of event to the region really does raise the profile of Coventry on the national and, indeed, international stage. Outside London and Manchester, Coventry is the only city to be hosting one of the biggest bands in the world, in Coldplay, and the biggest sporting event, in the Olympics, this year.

"Great credit has to go to the Ricoh Arena for attracting these events to the region and the economic benefits they bring. We must ensure that we make the most out of the added profile and continue to put Coventry and Warwickshire firmly on the map internationally.”

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net

What an amazing night! I was right in the middle of the crowd and really near the B Stage. The whole night was just fantastic. Highlights would be the appearance of Warning Sign, the gentle atmospheric introduction to Yellow, starting a Viva chant and belting my heart out with the rest of the crowd.

So instead of revising for my first exam this Saturday, I've just spend three quarters of an hour going through photos, sorting out the bag of confetti I brought back, oh and this....

img0817yh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was very very lucky at the Ricoh Arena. The band finished on stage and we were told by the security guard near our exit that we might want to have a look at the exit from our section. I dragged my sons and blimey, the band all walked out of our exit on to the back stage and like some kind of psycho I couldnt resist touching Chris Martin and all the band as they walked past on their way to the stage. So I touched Chris Martins sweaty shirt. Eeuuuww.

The show was unbelievable and I still get shivers down my spine thinking of it, especially the Xylobands. Quite easily the best show I have ever seen and I am getting old !!

Hey, could somebody who went to this concert help me? ive bought a ticket for the emirates tonight but am not 100% sure if it's real. It looks authentic but there doesn't appear to be a barcode to scan....how do they check that the tickets are genuine when you arrive at the concert?? like do they scan the entire ticket? cheers

I was very very lucky at the Ricoh Arena. The band finished on stage and we were told by the security guard near our exit that we might want to have a look at the exit from our section. I dragged my sons and blimey, the band all walked out of our exit on to the back stage and like some kind of psycho I couldnt resist touching Chris Martin and all the band as they walked past on their way to the stage. So I touched Chris Martins sweaty shirt. Eeuuuww.

The show was unbelievable and I still get shivers down my spine thinking of it, especially the Xylobands. Quite easily the best show I have ever seen and I am getting old !!

soooo lucky!!

Hey, could somebody who went to this concert help me? ive bought a ticket for the emirates tonight but am not 100% sure if it's real. It looks authentic but there doesn't appear to be a barcode to scan....how do they check that the tickets are genuine when you arrive at the concert?? like do they scan the entire ticket? cheers

Tickets for the Ricoh had barcodes printed on them but they didn't scan them, they just ripped the end of the ticket off and gave you a wristband for general admission.

If you look on eBay as well, none of the Emirates tickets have barcodes so you should be fine! Have a great night!