✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-May-2012] Coldplay @ Ricoh Arena, Coventry, UK

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the old woman they showed during robyn lol, enjoying herself.

great show! did anyone else have a problem with the sound? or just me? The atmosphere in the ricoh was awesome. I didnt realise Chris swears that much haha, what a lad.

The best thing of the show no doubt was the wristband, looked spectacular during charlie brown and paradise, some invention.

Best songs were GPASOYF, Charlie Brown, Fix You, the beginning of yellow, us against the world(cause he came to the back where i was sitting lol), the scientist.

Viva La Vida has become their signature tune.

Only problem was that they were on for too short a time, wanted them to keep going on forever lol

I absolutely loved the gig last night, i have never seen Coldplay live and went to the stadium to work giving out wristbands, we got let go and i was undecided about stopping for the gig, but i am so glad i did, i have gone in one day from not knowing much about Coldplay and being mostly oblivious to their tracks, except the mainstream ones to being blown away by that show last night, i could not be more looking forward to working at the emirates now :)

Coldplay kick off their UK stadium tour in spectacular style

Band played an 21-song , two-hour set in Coventry last night (May 29)

ColdplayPA050312.jpg

Coldplay kicked off their UK stadium tour last night (May 29) at Coventry's Ricoh Arena with a spectacular show.

The band, who have six further stadium shows lined-up, took to the stage with the now-familiar 'Back To The Future' theme intro tape and opened with the title track from their fifth album 'Mylo Xyloto'. The crowd had all been given the much-talked-about flouro-light wristbands, which lit up from the start and remained on for the first three songs.

2012ColdplayBritAwardsPA220212.jpg

Even without the wristbands, the show featured a lavish production, with giant balloons and confetti shot from the stage during 'Lovers In Japan', lasers flashing through the stadium on several songs and a huge runway.

As well as this, the band also used a tiny second stage at the back of the stadium, on which they played stripped down versions of 'Princess Of China', then 'Up In Flames' and 'Warning Sign'. In total, the set lasted for two hours and included 21 songs.

The set concluded back on the main stage with 'Clocks', 'Fix You' and a final 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall'.

link

Contact

Hi,

I can't stress how important this is to me. I went to the Ricoh last night and enjoyed the show, in fact loved the show. I'm desperate to get hold of a representative of the band or the band themselves. I had a hideous illness last year, that nearly saw the end of me. It's a long term thing, and if I make it past 50 I'll be amazed, I've had it since birth and have come close to death 4 times now. I've fought hard and long with this thing, and last year it was only knowing that I was going to get well enough to see Coldplay live that kept me going. I need to say thank you to them and get a message to them, they have no idea how much they've affected my life, in a positive way and I just want to pass on my eternal gratitude to all 4 guys. My friend was in Ramsey hall at Uni with Chris and Guy I think, but he lost touch with them when they got famous. my wife even got chatted up in the Uni bar by Chris about 17 years ago!

Please help me, as it seems the people I want to talk to in the world so much seem the most impossible to contact, I'd be eternally grateful if you could help,

many thanks,

James Ventham

Hi,

I can't stress how important this is to me. I went to the Ricoh last night and enjoyed the show, in fact loved the show. I'm desperate to get hold of a representative of the band or the band themselves. I had a hideous illness last year, that nearly saw the end of me. It's a long term thing, and if I make it past 50 I'll be amazed, I've had it since birth and have come close to death 4 times now. I've fought hard and long with this thing, and last year it was only knowing that I was going to get well enough to see Coldplay live that kept me going. I need to say thank you to them and get a message to them, they have no idea how much they've affected my life, in a positive way and I just want to pass on my eternal gratitude to all 4 guys. My friend was in Ramsey hall at Uni with Chris and Guy I think, but he lost touch with them when they got famous. my wife even got chatted up in the Uni bar by Chris about 17 years ago!

Please help me, as it seems the people I want to talk to in the world so much seem the most impossible to contact, I'd be eternally grateful if you could help,

many thanks,

James Ventham

Hi James!

I really hope someone here can help you xx

Hi,

many thanks,

James Ventham

Hi James.

What a wonderful story! I don't know that anyone here can help, but you could send your story to The Oracle on Coldplay.com. She answers fan questions, and may be able to pass a message, but no guarantees of that. Either way, she might put this on the website, and it would be an inspiration to other fans.:)

Best wishes and congratulations on fighting to live your dreams!

hi guys i was wondering if any of you stood at coventry, how quickly did the standing fill up and how early should i get there to ensure i get close to the front at the emirates on saturday? thanks josh

I arrived at ricoh at 5.30 pm and the front of the standing was all pretty much gone up until quarter of the way, but u could still have gotten close to the front i reckon. By 7pm it was pretty much full i think apart from the back of the standing, im only going by memory though which i dont have a good one of lol. Gates opened at 5pm at ricoh, but not sure bout what time youd have to got to emirates for, id say as early as possible if u want to get to the front.

I arrived at ricoh at 5.30 pm and the front of the standing was all pretty much gone up until quarter of the way, but u could still have gotten close to the front i reckon. By 7pm it was pretty much full i think apart from the back of the standing, im only going by memory though which i dont have a good one of lol. Gates opened at 5pm at ricoh, but not sure bout what time youd have to got to emirates for, id say as early as possible if u want to get to the front.

Thank you for the response i was planning on getting there around an hour before doors maybe earlier, would love to get as close as possible as in December at the 02 I was sat right at the top haha would 3/4 be a good time to get there then?

:lol: and is it just me, or are there two people whose heads are falling apart in the back (the guy with glasses and the bad guy)?:confused:

Coldplay get loads of celebs at their gigs - the bald guy was in classic 80s film The Goonies:

Sloth-the-goonies.jpg

<edit> Just joking! Sorry bald guy if you read this, I couldn't resist!! :hug:

:lol: and is it just me, or are there two people whose heads are falling apart in the back (the guy with glasses and the bad guy)?:confused:

:lol:

I noticed that in other panoramas and I think it's just where the 'stitching' of the separate images came together or something. I'd be so mad if that was me!!! :angry: