✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK

My only half decent video from the Etihad on saturday:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_3Es6RTpc&feature=g-upl]Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Mylo Xyloto Tour 9th June 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

My pics are far too rubbish compared to some of those on here - must invest in a better camera :D

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pics are far too rubbish compared to some of those on here - must invest in a better camera :D

The camera won't do it all for you! I'm only using a compact; albeit a decent fully adjustable one. Point the best camera in the world at a concert in automatic mode and you'll get garbage.

Sorry for the mini rant :)

The camera won't do it all for you! I'm only using a compact; albeit a decent fully adjustable one. Point the best camera in the world at a concert in auto and you'll get garbage.

Sorry for the mini rant :)

No need to apologise, I know exactly what you mean :) mine is reasonably decent, I'm just a bit of an amateur and need to learn how all the settings work I think!

No need to apologise, I know exactly what you mean :) mine is reasonably decent, I'm just a bit of an amateur and need to learn how all the settings work I think!

It's a lot of work to get right, but yes you do need a camera with a reasonably decent lens and the ability to override any automatic controls. Lots of compacts are just point and shoot.

I'm passionate about Coldplay and really enjoy trying to get some good shots in at the concerts. They're a great memento, so of course it feels good to share with all of you as well who were there.

ahah! love your pics, especially the pics after the show: I can see me! ;)

Hi, Has anybody got really crisp audio from the 9th Manchester at the Eithad for Coldplay set list. If you have please can you tell me which songs below

If someone does have a good recording it will appear in the multimedia section, so keep an eye out on there. :)

I am sorry but this is late, I have been ill since, well I have been ill for a while but gotten worse since the Coldplay gig at the Etihad on the 9th! I shouldn't have gone really, I was freezing my ar*e off queueing up outside for hours, I've had a bad chest for some time. But this was a Coldplay gig, how could I miss it!!!??? So now I am having to pay the price of one of the best nights of my life.

I was quite close to the stage, close enough to see their faces for once! I find it very nerve racking going to concerts as I go alone, but if I didn't go alone I wouldn't be going at all, no body in my life has any taste. So being in this stadium on my tod, sqeaky bum time! Doesn't help when people stare at you because you are on your own. Why don't you just smile and get on with what your doing and leave me alone?

Concert was amazing from the second they walked out on stage till the second they disappeared at the end, I had the most amazing night, after the shittiest 18 months I have had, I took that as my reward!

The fireworks, confetti, big balloons and wristbands were fantastic. I got lost in the music and the guys performance, I forgot myself and my troubles, I sang my heart out.

Highlights of the night, 'major minus', 'charlie brown' and finally hearing 'warning sign' sung live! I nearly cryed.

This was my 4th time seeing the lads, and each time they just get better and better. If money were no object I would go to see them more, unfortunatly I have only a part time job, so I already spend too much on the lads for my budget. But for the joy they bring into my life, they are worth every penny.

(when I put my jacket on the next day, 4 heart shaped pieces of confetti fell out from my hood, I couldn't help but smile!)

If someone does have a good recording it will appear in the multimedia section, so keep an eye out on there. :)

Hi im new in here, so may need some help! I have an amazing video if every teardrop, from 10th June! Very clear pic and sound we were right a front....

Coldplay - Manchester Etihad Stadium, 09/06

mylo_xyloto.jpg?1339577831

Standing in my poncho after waiting hours in the rain and questioning whether Robyn was really the right warm up act before Coldplay, everything was worthwhile as Chris Martin and his group took to the stage. Coldplay are known for being one of the best bands to see live and they certainly didn’t disappoint when they performed at the Manchester Etihad Stadium to a packed arena.

The gig showed the band perform for an impressive two hours, playing most of the songs from their new album, Mylo Xyloto. Opener 'Hurts Like Heaven' was certainly a crowd pleaser alongside other songs, including the hit track 'Paradise' as and the closing number 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall'. Mylo Xyloto is a bit of a change from Coldplay’s usual music, adding a bit more of a psychedelic feel, which fits in with the band’s theme for the tour of neon graffiti and glowing wristbands. Whilst not their best album, it's still a relatable and interesting LP and a great testament to the growth and strength of the band with their fifth album.

The group also showcased their back catalogue, playing their old favourites such as 'Fix You' and 'Yellow', which went down a storm with the 50,000 strong crowd. I thought 'Warning Sign' was particularly touching as it was played with no effects, just Chris Martin, his piano and a spotlight. It really higlighted the strength of Coldplay's lyrics and how their music really makes an impact on their fans.

Apart from the music, the premise and set-up of the show was spectacular in itself. The light up wristbands were a great touch, giving the gig real atmosphere. The only disappointing thing was many of the wrist bands were not working, such as my own! The show was so breath-taking though that it didn’t particularly matter and to be honest seeing the different coloured lights flashing to the time of the music around you was pretty amazing by itself. The firework display at the beginning and end of the gig were fantastic, in addition to the release of paper butterflies across the stadium during several songs, one being 'Lovers in Japan' which left the fans awestruck. The atmosphere of the crowd was amazing and it definitely wasn’t just your standard gig.

As always, Coldplay outdid themselves with an amazing performance and an amazing tour that has left this avid fan wondering how on earth they will manage to top the ingenuity and uniqueness of this set in the future.

link

Was a brilliant gig, Probably the best Coldplay gig I've been to, and this is my 7th one. That said, the support acts were woeful. Don't get me wrong I know that music is subjective and I'm sure Charlie XCX and Robyn have their fair amount of followers, but to be supporting a Rock group? really?

I also don't think it helps the support artists playing to a crowd who generally don't appreciate their music. I remember seeing Coldplay at Bolton supported by Elbow and Morning Runner. Absolutely fantastic.

:wacky:

11 minutes of highlights posted by me on YouTube.. Amazing show as always... :cool:

OMG.... Just driving along... CP came on.... Just took me back to Sunday at Ethiad.... Heart learched....Goosebumps..... God you guys rock..

Luv ya.. Mean it x