✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

Tash

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, since he's a great friend of the band, they probably had a blast having him up there. :)

I should have put that in my review Tracie because that's the main point I think really, and I do get that. If the band aren't happy, comfortable, and enjoying themselves then what's the point, and in actual fact they probably wouldn't go on making music or touring, so they need to do what they need to do. And what better way to try to cope with playing to a 60 000 crowd in your hometown and break the tension totally than invite your comic mate up on stage and just mess about...

from a fan's point of view I think it's a shame, especially when the set is so short, and they dare to leave out Politik consistently for the first time ever. I never thought I'd see the day. Plus the time wasted to get to the C-stage for just two songs, and one of them you get this :/

The concert was 1 hr 35mins but I think they probably actually played 15 or 20 mins less than that with time taken up doing other things (playing tapes of MX, A Hopeful Transmission etc or moving around).

Just one other random thought is that about half the crowd seemed to be touristy types. And who says Coldplay aren't a business when they play three huge London concerts over the Jubilee weekend :laugh3:

dscf2832k.jpg

dscf2833.jpg

dscf2840f.jpg

dscf2843a.jpg

dscf2849y.jpg

dscf2865c.jpg

dscf2870u.jpg

dscf2872o.jpg

dscf2878e.jpg

dscf2879f.jpg

dscf2882p.jpg

dscf2883u.jpg

dscf2893v.jpg

dscf2917p.jpg

More photos, a few good videos and a short review are for tomorrow. I seriously need a sleep and got to wake up early for school :(

Uh, uh....wow. Those are incredible photos! I hate people quoting long posts of photos but in this case everyone deserves to see this I think...great stuff :shocked2: :sunny:

Right, off to bed (at last!)

It WAS an absolutely sensational gig, and I wander off to slumber a very happy man after a fantastic evening :) Anyone who is yet to see this leg of the tour for the first time is in for a shock and a treat I promise - or your money back ;)

Thank you so much Coldplay, for one of the best weekends of my life :sunny:

I should have put that in my review Tracie because that's the main point I think really, and I do get that. If the band aren't happy, comfortable, and enjoying themselves then what's the point, and in actual fact they probably wouldn't go on making music or touring, so they need to do what they need to do. And what better way to try to cope with playing to a 60 000 crowd in your hometown and break the tension totally than invite your comic mate up on stage and just mess about...

from a fan's point of view I think it's a shame, especially when the set is so short, and they dare to leave out Politik consistently for the first time ever. I never thought I'd see the day. Plus the time wasted to get to the C-stage for just two songs, and one of them you get this :/

The concert was 1 hr 35mins but I think they probably actually played 15 or 20 mins less than that with time taken up doing other things (playing tapes of MX, A Hopeful Transmission etc or moving around).

Just one other random thought is that about half the crowd seemed to be touristy types. And who says Coldplay aren't a business when they play three huge London concerts over the Jubilee weekend :laugh3:

dscf2832k.jpg

dscf2833.jpg

dscf2840f.jpg

dscf2843a.jpg

dscf2849y.jpg

dscf2865c.jpg

dscf2870u.jpg

dscf2872o.jpg

dscf2878e.jpg

dscf2879f.jpg

dscf2882p.jpg

dscf2883u.jpg

dscf2893v.jpg

dscf2917p.jpg

More photos, a few good videos and a short review are for tomorrow. I seriously need a sleep and got to wake up early for school :(

Uh, uh....wow. Those are incredible photos! I hate people quoting long posts of photos but in this case everyone deserves to see this I think...great stuff :shocked2: :sunny:

Yeah, these are worth seeing morre than once! And thanks, FFixYou* for snapping everyone, not just Chris! I know I say this too often, but media sometimes forget that Coldplay is a four-piece band. :)

Yup. Exactly my point about Pegg. I'm glad the boys can be a going commodity but still just have fun with their mates.:)

Thank you for all your reviews and pictures.

To TONSU :elephant: It was really interesting reading how great a difference the weather made as to the atmosphere and interplay with the lighting. I understand that you missed the rain on Monday. Maybe Coldplay should hire a RAIN MAN? :P

And I understand that it also meant a great deal where you were seated to get the full effect of the lasers.

So even though you saw 2 Coldplay concerts in 3 days with the same setlist, then it was still a very different experience.

I am sure that U2 would have changed the setlist and not played 3 gigs at the Emirates Stadium with exactly the same songs.

Too bad that Simon Pegg destroyed Speed of Sound - so let's hope that Chris will ask him NEVER to join them again to play harmonica for that particular song. :P

I am glad that you had such a great time both Saturday and Monday.

I look forward to seeing Coldplay on 28 August in Copenhagen for sure.

I woke up yesterday morning, feeling pretty sad that I hadn't been to any of the three shows in London. Yet.

So I attacked Twitter and found a guy up in Peterborough with two tickets, so I found a friend who wanted to go, went to Peterborough and back on the train (200 miles of travelling I did yesterday), and pretty much went straight to the gig :D

It all happened so fast, but it was so worth it. The other two Coldplay gigs I've been to have had months of anticipation and excitement, building up to going. This was a matter of hours, so we had to pinch ourselves when they got going.

I love this setlist, all of my favourites (since they added DLIBYH and re-added LiJ) featured, so I was very happy with the whole show. It was nice that they didn't have a mess-up, because they were funny the first time, but they're a bit annoying after a while. It was the first time I was nowhere near the front as well, but we stuck ourselves next to the C-stage, and it was totally worth it, so close to the band and Simon Pegg :cool:

30w2icp.jpg

sxzloy.jpg

jj713c.jpg

f1f5v.jpg

Pretty disappointing when half of your photos are blurry, but never mind, I know we all had a good time :)

Oh, and it seemed weird that the gig started and was mostly played in daylight. One of the best feelings I've ever had was Hurts Like Heaven at the O2, just watching all the lights and listening to the music, got a huge shiver of delight when I realised what was going on :cool: So it was sad the lights weren't really effective until around 10ish. But that's the summer for you. I'm going to Wembley on Saturday to see Coldplay play a few songs and then leave :p And that'll be daylight too, so another weird show.

I woke up yesterday morning, feeling pretty sad that I hadn't been to any of the three shows in London. Yet.

So I attacked Twitter and found a guy up in Peterborough with two tickets, so I found a friend who wanted to go, went to Peterborough and back on the train (200 miles of travelling I did yesterday), and pretty much went straight to the gig :D

It all happened so fast, but it was so worth it. The other two Coldplay gigs I've been to have had months of anticipation and excitement, building up to going. This was a matter of hours, so we had to pinch ourselves when they got going.

I love this setlist, all of my favourites (since they added DLIBYH and re-added LiJ) featured, so I was very happy with the whole show. It was nice that they didn't have a mess-up, because they were funny the first time, but they're a bit annoying after a while. It was the first time I was nowhere near the front as well, but we stuck ourselves next to the C-stage, and it was totally worth it, so close to the band and Simon Pegg :cool:

30w2icp.jpg

sxzloy.jpg

jj713c.jpg

f1f5v.jpg

Pretty disappointing when half of your photos are blurry, but never mind, I know we all had a good time :)

Oh, and it seemed weird that the gig started and was mostly played in daylight. One of the best feelings I've ever had was Hurts Like Heaven at the O2, just watching all the lights and listening to the music, got a huge shiver of delight when I realised what was going on :cool: So it was sad the lights weren't really effective until around 10ish. But that's the summer for you. I'm going to Wembley on Saturday to see Coldplay play a few songs and then leave :p And that'll be daylight too, so another weird show.

You taught us:If you can't stand in front close to the main stage,then you should make yourself close to other stages.Acually I personally think if you stand beside C-STAGE,you'll see more clearly them than stand in front of the main stage. ;)

Steve Robbins ‏@Stan_Robinson

It's not often you watch a concert so bad, that you wish you were in the Emirates Stadium watching Coldplay! #jubileeconcert

:lol:

I knew I was in the right place last night - quality - in the encore I even managed to tap Chris gently on his back - Ace - lovely - they give and give and go on giving

I <3 Coldplay

Mmmm Xxxxx

LOL lots of love + LOL laugh out loud = we had the best concert of the day !!!

:kiss: + :laugh3: = :D

I got to the Emirates at 12:30 and waited around for 4 and a half hours to get inside. The time dragged I'm not going to lie, and those few minutes before the gates opened where the longest minutes of my life, knowing that I was going to have to sprint to the stage to get my place.

But we where very lucky and found a gap. It was worth it in the end as I got front row standing next to the runway :wacky:

The support acts where.... interesting. I think Rita Ora must have cut her set a little shorter because she was only on for about 25 minutes? Robyn was a good singer live, but I found her stage presence to be terrible. It was sort of like the support acts had been just shoved on stage with minimal preparation.

Coldplay where amazing though. The fireworks, the confetti, the lighting, where all incredible. The band themselves where on top form and the crowd, where I was stood anyway, where going nuts haha.

I love the way Chris interacted with the crowd, sticking his tongue out at people, smiling at them, waving at them, winking and constantly talking directly to the crowd. It just makes things a little more personal and special.

The appearance by Simon Pegg too! That was a lovely surprise, even if it was a few minutes of him on a harmonica :lol:

The crowding on the way out was a bit horrific, we where lucky again because we walked to Finsbury Park and managed to get out quite quickly that way. I have a feeling if we had sat in the queue for Arsenal station, We'd still be there now.

I only took a few pictures because I wanted to relax and watch the show, but here are the ones I took.

(I could edit these photos, but I'm going to leave them in their unedited glory for now)

WARNING major crappy pic-spam ahead

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

I got up at 7:45, then 8:45, both times thinking i'd missed the concert, and shit scared. Checking my phone, I decided to go back to sleep.

I eventually got up at 10, put my clothes on and decided to take my o2 Xyloband with me, hoping this would attract a possible mate.

One of my friends who was due to come with me had left Germany in the morning, so I had to wait until 11:20 before I could depart for the local station (Golders Green) and I was constantly thinking the queue would be disgustingly long. I reached GG station, and met up with another one of my mates who had been there for fuck knows how long. We decided to ditch a mate who was long, and headed for Arsenal station.

eventually we were all there, and my muim, who also had a ticket, queued for us while we explored the amazing stadium.

we waited for 5.5 hours, until the gates opened. I had convinced my mates to run behind me to the front of the Xstage, and to my surprise they kinda of did. I literally jumped across the pitch and had a BEAUTIFUL view from the very front of the X stage!

After Rita (who i'd happily fuck) and Robyn (who i'd happily avoid and never hear again) were done, it was Coldplays time to go onto the stage.

Fireworks, massive balloons (which a drunk person bought for £50 at the end), and amazing confetti made it an awesome 'fucking' concert (Chris certainly loved that word). Everyone danced and jumped to Charlie Brown, and I got SO close to Johnny, Chris, Will and Guy it was insane. Me and my friend shouted ''WE LOVE YOU CHRIS'' and everyone around us cheered and I think he smiled too!!

Simon Pegg during SoS was too much, and everyone exploded with Joy.

After the final song, 60,000 Coldplay fans left the stadium, half of which were pissed or high. I twice started the Viva chant and got everyone going, despite my voice being completely obliterated.

10/10, best night of my life. I loved it.

Been a long time Coldplay fan but this was the first time I'd seen them in the flesh (having 2 kids means we don't get the spare cash to go to many gigs, etc) and me and the missus were not disappointed.

Pretty much loved every minute of it (especially Charlie Brown with the wristbands which was jaw dropping. I've seen Zoo TV and 360 live and for sheer stadium awesomeness last night topped those easily) and even forgave Simon Pegg for seeming to try and turn SoS into Harvest for the World at times! :D

Only quibble was I thought that setlist was a little on the short side....having seen U2 go for 2 1/2 hours some nights and knock out 24/25 songs then I think they could have squeezed in Shiver or Lost or LiT2 to bump up the run time.

But that's just quibbling....we will definitely make sure that next time they play the UK we ensure that the credit card has enough left on it!

Top night.....10 out of 10. Just regret now not going to VLV tour, Twisted Logic, etc. :embarrassed:

I had the most amazing time last night, unbelievable experience!

Although my feet are still killing me from waiting around all day yesterday, it was sooo worth it! When the band came on stage, I just couldn't quite believe it was them. It was a mix of happiness,shock and disbelief. It just felt so surreal. I really hope they do a second leg of the European tour because I am SO there! Chris was really close to us when he was running around, it was just brilliant! What a night!