✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay | Charlie Brown 3rd single?

Loki0012

reading the wikipedia article on Charlie Brown and it says under tracklisting for the promo...

Car Kids - 3:22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Brown_%28Coldplay_song%29

is it just trolling? i'm sure i'm not the first to notice either, but i've been busy with life to have followed anything here too closely so apologies

That has gone now! :( otherwise i would have kept, printed it and framed it. That would have been the best single ever!!! Also, it says that Charlie Brown is expected to be released in a CD format too. Will it not be EMI/Parlophone anymore as Universal bought them?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has gone now! :( otherwise i would have kept, printed it and framed it. That would have been the best single ever!!! Also, it says that Charlie Brown is expected to be released in a CD format too. Will it not be EMI/Parlophone anymore as Universal bought them?

I'm pretty sure EMI, Parlophone & Capitol will still exist as labels they're just part of UMG now, like Decca, Polydor & Motown.

I'm pretty sure EMI, Parlophone & Capitol will still exist as labels they're just part of UMG now, like Decca, Polydor & Motown.

oh okay thanks, its hard to think of coldplay's cds with a different record company on them!

Naw, even if they get CK, they will keep whining about Don Quixote and Wedding Bells. Or Famous Old Painter. PLZZZ FAMOUZ OLD PAINTERZZ, WE WANTS IT!! :blank:

:rolleyes: :thinking:

Naw, even if they get CK, they will keep whining about Don Quixote and Wedding Bells. Or Famous Old Painter. PLZZZ FAMOUZ OLD PAINTERZZ, WE WANTS IT!! :blank:

IT'S GONNA MAKE LP6 I CAN JUS FEEL IT.

I think it's time some people need to let go of these songs. They are history.

IT'S GONNA MAKE LP6 I CAN JUS FEEL IT.

I think it's time some people need to let go of these songs. They are history.

I agree. But the exception with CK is that it's on their SHIRTS, on the COVER OF THE ALBUM, etc etc. It's everywhere ; even the UATW symbol means CK (The Oracle said it). It's not history. Why is it on their shirts? That's why people are so obsessed with CK.

I agree. But the exception with CK is that it's on their SHIRTS, on the COVER OF THE ALBUM, etc etc. It's everywhere ; even the UATW symbol means CK (The Oracle said it). It's not history. Why is it on their shirts? That's why people are so obsessed with CK.

Well, the same thing happened with LeftRightLeftRightLeft. People were obsessed with it, and though that's the name of a live album they released just after the VLVODAAHF era, the song never came out. Now, it's history.

Though I wish they could, I think they will make an announcement just before Christmas. Paradise is still a hit worldwide, releasing Charlie Brown in the next two or three weeks will be stupid.

Yeah, suppose so. Viva's singles weren't very close together so i reckon we will be lucky to get it before the end of 2011!

schermafbeelding2011112w.png

Charlie Brown was just played at Dutch radio 3FM. It was a radio edit and announced as the 3rd single. I made the above screenshot.

Translation:

'The third single of the fifth album Mylo Xyloto is named after the dorky comic figure Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. The emotional load of the lyrics covered in light and typical Coldplay sound. It maybe resembles the comical versus sad life of 'Charlie Brown'.'

Not my best translation, I did my best :p.

That's also what they referred to on that wikipedia site claiming Charlie Brown will be the next single. A bit weak imo.

I'll translate it a bit different, because now it looks like you say that the single is named after a figure named Peanuts :S

'The third single of the fifth album Mylo Xyloto is named after the dorky character of the comic Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. The emotional meaning/weight of the lyrics enclosed by a light (cheerful) and typical sound of Coldplay, might resemble best the comical yet sad being of 'Charlie Brown'. '

:thinking: Wondering what google transtalor would make of it, hahaha!