✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay | Charlie Brown 3rd single?

Loki0012

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have released Charlie Brown second on October 12th which would have made releasing Princess of China 3rd a non issue. I understood ETIAW being released when it was since that was a good summer festival type song and was still so far in front of the album.

I think 4 singles by January 9 is unlikely. I reckon Charlie Brown will come on 09/01/2011 but we wont get anything before that. Having four singles before the album is four months old is unrealistic. I'd have thought they would want to stretch it out over a longer period to support the tour! :cool:

A release of "Princess of China" over the next months wouldn't make any sense as far as Rihanna is concerned.

She has just released her own new album and she surely puts her concentration on promoting this record in order to a non-album single.

In addition PoC has received many negative critics throughout the press and the fan-community.

"Charlie Brown" in contrast has received a lot of positive acknowledgement during the festivals and in most album-reviews.

If I were Coldplay or the record company, there would be no other choice than putting out "Charlie Brown" as the next single.

Ugh I hope PoC is not released, but I can't help feeling it will and they will perform it on the Grammys with Rihanna. :bigcry: It will be cringe worthy :sick:

Please no! Oh, please, please, no. That will be terrible. I can see the disaster...

«ZOMG I LOVE COLD PLAY ZOMG THE GUY IS SO HOT THE SINGER ZOMG RIHANNA'S SONG SOOO GOOODDDD ZOMG »

Please no. :bigcry:

And if Charlie Brown becomes the single ... B-sides we like :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Release POC now then Charlie Brown in April/May Charlie Brown can be a great summer song and since it's likely that the boys will tour in the summer, it will be perfect because the live version is also amazing. Coldplay management PLEASE HIRE ME.

-------------

If I was to decide the singles release, I'd do:

ETIAW: summer festival song

Paradise: not a single but free song a la Violet Hill

Charlie Brown: proper single release in September that will satisfy all CP fans

POC: great crossover song that will bring in new fans

last single:

HLH: Because releasing 2 poppy songs in a row is not a good idea OR

UATW: Because it's been a minute since the boys had released a slow tempo song.

And the truth is, Coldplay got widely popular because of their slow songs. So why the heck not have UATW as a single

----------------

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Release POC now then Charlie Brown in April/May Charlie Brown can be a great summer song and since it's likely that the boys will tour in the summer, it will be perfect because the live version is also amazing. Coldplay management PLEASE HIRE ME.

I would hire you that's a smart idea :)

In some ways Paradise and POC are too similar (synths, ooooohoohohoho, lalala), so I don't think they should release POC now. They should release Charlie Brown or maybe HLH first. If not, everyone is going to think that the album is all the same (and it's not the first time that I hear someone saying that every single Coldplay song is made of Whooohooohs xD).