✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL, USA

Jenjie

jajaja yeah, i have seen people in videos that you can tell are not so much into either the band or the xylobands. There have been enough complains of people saying that some of the people in the front row where there "just because they could" and only knew like the most popular songs. So if i were able to go, i would just ask everyone i see! jaja

And yeah... besides, do not they have the copyright thing and such? there were some posts earlier in the thread talking about that.

They own part of the company that makes them, and you can buy them for your event/festival/sporting event now.

Yeah, that's why the band try to upgrade Real fans since they know a lot of the front few rows go to radio winners/rich ticket buyers/'single snobs',lol. Jackie and others move around the venue looking for true fans and upgrading them to great seats.:D

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They own part of the company that makes them, and you can buy them for your event/festival/sporting event now.

Yeah, that's why the band try to upgrade Real fans since they know a lot of the front few rows go to radio winners/rich ticket buyers/'single snobs',lol. Jackie and others move around the venue looking for true fans and upgrading them to great seats.:D

Well, that is amazing! like both of those!

Have a good night!

yeah, i read somewhere that it had happened! But i guess doing it after the show is not that bad. I would probably go around asking people that is leaving and are not so obviously into keeping them jajaja

People were throwing them in the trash after the Houston show even though the giant screens said to PLEASE recycle them :angry:

It was a fantastic concert, absolutely fantastic. I got out of there with eight new Xylobands! My friends are ridic awesome and crazy. :) I found one someone had left behind and some people saw my wrists stacked with them and gave me theirs since they thought I was collecting them, great people you meet at concerts.

I was also extremely lucky to walk away with a guitar pick! My friend got a set list and a guitar pick, too. Seriously, Coldplay has some of the nicest stage hands I have ever met. They really care about the fans and they don't turn them away, security and venue staff are the people you have to really worry about now... Party poopers at times!

It sucks a bit that I missed Chris at the end signing stuff, but it's only a matter of time till our paths cross. MARTIN, I WILL GET YOU YET! :| Though, not gonna lie, what bums me out more is that Gwyneth was there and I missed her too, hahaha. I've heard she's such a cool and kind person, it would've been awesome to wave at her, at least.

Glad all of you had fun, though. :)

No offense to anyone here, but they have run out of Xylobands in the past, so not everyone who goes to shows is guaranteed one. I joke about wanting one each for my cats,lol. But if there are any left after my show, only then will I try to score extras. Not trying to be a buzzkill, just letting people know the facts. :)
In Manchester even the barstaff inside the stadium were wearing them! :lol: even though the would not see a single second of the gig. and when I left the VIP area the basket on the table was still full of at least 3 dozen xylobands. There must be enough to go around and its a shame if some people don't get just one :(

In Manchester even the barstaff inside the stadium were wearing them! :lol: even though the would not see a single second of the gig. and when I left the VIP area the basket on the table was still full of at least 3 dozen xylobands. There must be enough to go around and its a shame if some people don't get just one :(

Just reporting what I've read in the other threads. I'm sure there are lots, but maybe more at some entry points than others? My cats may yet have a shot at new collars!:D

Yeah, Instagram was down. It made for a quiet night,lol.

YAY! The ever-so-organized Tash is back!:D:nice:

This concert was beyond everything I hoped for!! My mom and I got to the arena about 20 minutes until they opened the doors and I actually met someone from here! Im not sure what his username was because all I can think about is the concert but I'm sure he'll come in when he sees this. Anyways..we went to sit down in our seats and my jolly we had a great view!! We were lower level in 115 and I loved it. The people behind and in front of us were such nice people and I was glad there weren't any alcoholics around me. :) Anyways..after waiting for less than half an hour, Wolf Gang preformed and they were great! I knew all their songs and my mom loved them too! They had a meet and greet after they performed so I met up with my friend outside her section and went to meet the band but the line was soooo long. So we just went to go watch Robyn. After 20 minutes, I wanted to go see how long the line was for Wolf Gang and it was only a few people long so I waited, got their CD, met them, they signed my CD, and I got a picture with them! The main vocalist was awesome and remembered me from twitter hahaha! Anyways so after that..I went to go sit with my mom and wait for Coldplay. But after waiting half an hour I decided to use the bathroom. But of course, right when I get inside the bathroom I hear the Back to the Future intro and run out and back to my seat! I made it just in time and saw the whole place GLOW with those Xylobands. There was a group of 5 people next to us that came in late and didn't receive the XyloBands and they were pretty upset so I gave them my extra package of glow sticks/bracelets! I didn't want them to be left out of the light part of the show and they were ecstatic that they weren't left put anymore. I felt like such a good person :) Anyways..so the band preformed and I couldn't stop singing and standing up and I cried a few times just because everything was sooo surreal. It was a great concert and I will never forget it. The band definitely knows how to put on a show and they made every other concert I've been too..look like crap haha! So when the concert endeded, everyone was flooding out of the arena and my phone died and my moms was about to but my dad was in Miami waiting for us to cal him to pick us up. So we called him and after waiting and walking down Biscyane Blvd. in Miami for about 30 minutes, my dad finally showed up. The traffic was insane! Someone rear ended another car in front of me!! 

The concert was spectacular and I knew it would be great..and they didn't disappoint! I bought a shirt, got 2 Xylobands(pink and red), the your book, and Wolf Gangs CD. 

I just woke up since I have to go to work soon...and it's so depressing that the whole concert is over. I wish it could last forever. I defiantly can't wait to see what's in store for the band in the future and I'm defiantly going to every local concert when they come back and ONE DAY I'll meet them! :) 

Anyways, thanks for hearing my review. The band and their concert definetly gets 1,000,000 stars out of 5. :D Now I am off to work and will be wearing my shirt and Xyloband. COLDPLAY FOREVER. <3

Review: Coldplay impresses in concert from Miami

From new songs to classic hits and stunts in-between, Chris Martin and company create a celebration with its audience

Coldplay01.jpg

When established rock groups tour in support of a new album, they typically give their fans a fairly brief taste of their fresh tracks, maybe four or five songs. Not Coldplay.

The Grammy-winning British band – led by the lovably manic Chris Martin – dazzled a sold-out AmericanAirlines Arena in downtown Miami on Friday night as part of its “Mylo Zyloto” tour by performing all but two of the album’s 11 songs. And why not? The new material from the group’s fifth album uniformly stands up to Coldplay favorites, especially live. The fist-pumping anthems “Charlie Brown,” “Princess of China” (with vocals by Rihanna mixed in on the video screens), “Paradise” and the closing “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall” are instant classics, sure to be a part of Coldplay shows for years to come, and all whipped the adoring crowd into a frenzy.

But as well-received as the recent songs were, the older ones provided most of the emotional spark. The heart-wrenching piano ballad “The Scientist” had everyone howling along to the chorus’ lyric “Nobody said it was easy”; Martin performed a tender version of “Warning Sign” on a piano that rose from the end of the runway in the middle of the arena floor; the bracing “Viva la Vida” was as compelling as ever, with its ending “Oh-oh-OH-oh-ohhhh-oh” chant that’s reminiscent of happy football hooligans celebrating a victory over a pint; and the gripping “Fix You” showed Martin at his best, with his falsetto strong and pure at the beginning, and his stage-roaming showmanship on full display at its cathartic end.

Other highlights included the riveting “Clocks,” with Martin flailing dangerously on his piano seat, and “Yellow” and “God Put a Smile Upon Your Face” rearranged to open in mellow fashion before exploding into their full glory. As the band strives to involve the entire crowd, Martin appeared in an aisle toward the back of the arena with an acoustic guitar to sing the swaying new ballad “Us Against the World,” and then the rest of the band surfaced – with a piano, even – to bang out a low-key version of “Speed of Sound.” On his way back to the main stage, Martin ran up into the crowd to lay a big kiss on his wife, actress Gwyneth Paltrow, who proceeded to blush furiously.

More clever gimmicks also helped amp up the party atmosphere. Each concertgoer upon entry was given a colored wristband, which lighted up automatically during the racing opener, “Hurts Like Heaven,” creating a sea of red, green, pink and white lights throughout the packed arena (even extending behind the stage). The effect was exhilarating, as was the massive confetti blast during “In My Place” and the huge, paint-splattered balloons that dropped like beach balls during “Lovers In Japan.” But all the hoo-hah actually served to enhance rather than distract from the musical performances – this evening felt like a celebration from start to finish.

And that vibe comes mainly from Martin. There isn’t a more dynamic, energetic, charismatic – and ridiculously talented – front man today. He rocks the piano, strums a mean acoustic guitar, sprints around the stage, charms the crowd (he congratulated the Miami Heat for its NBA championship, and promised to try and live up to that standard on this night), sings like no one else can (both his falsetto and low range are surprisingly resonant) and leaves everything he’s got on the floor, literally collapsing in a sweaty pile. So for all you Coldplay haters out there (it’s apparently become hip to diss the band – I guess it’s like hating the Heat for being so talented), it’s pretty obvious you’ve never seen them live. Pity.

link