[29-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay illuminates Miami, Florida concert with glowing wristbands

34557734f6dd18ff1b77b9d71b40116b.jpg

Coldplay brings their Mylo Xyloto Tour to the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, Florida.

Tonight Chris Martin and Coldplay are taking over the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, FL with their signature radio-controlled glowing wristbands.

A dear friend of mine is currently at the Coldplay concert in Miami, Florida tonight and she managed to snap a pre-concert picture of the infamous radio-controlled wristbands. Tonight's stop on the British bands Mylo Xyloto Tour is the same arena (AmericanAirlines Arena) in which the Miami Heat beat the Oklahoma City Thunder for the 2012 NBA Championship last week.

In an effort to engage its fans and offer a truly unique concert experience, Coldplay has been spending an estimated $500,000 a night to provide the crowd with special radio-controlled wristbands. As you will see in the picture that my friend has sent me from tonight's concert, the wristbands look normal prior to the show – it's when the music begins that the real magic happens. Once Chris Martin and the band take stage, the wristbands will begin to light up to the beat of the music! From what I hear the visual spectacle that these glowing wristbands offer is absolutely out of this world.

Of course over the past couple of weeks there has been speculation that Coldplay would stop handing out the glowing wristbands to cut back concert costs. As you can see with the photo from tonight's show in Miami, Florida, that is not the case – fans can still expect to partake in an amazing musical light spectacle when they attend Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto Tour.

Check back tomorrow for exclusive photos and video from tonight's show and if you are currently watching Coldplay perform, comment below with your reactions to the concert!

Please visit http://www.coldplay.com for more information on the glowing wristbands and their Mylo Xyloto Tour.

link

Coldplay illuminates Miami, Florida concert with glowing wristbands

Timothy Smith

West Palm Beach Pop Culture Examiner

Tonight Chris Martin and Coldplay are taking over the AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami, FL with their signature radio-controlled glowing wristbands.

A dear friend of mine is currently at the Coldplay concert in Miami, Florida tonight and she managed to snap a pre-concert picture of the infamous radio-controlled wristbands. Tonight's stop on the British bands Mylo Xyloto Tour is the same arena (AmericanAirlines Arena) in which the Miami Heat beat the Oklahoma City Thunder for the 2012 NBA Championship last week.

In an effort to engage its fans and offer a truly unique concert experience, Coldplay has been spending an estimated $500,000 a night to provide the crowd with special radio-controlled wristbands. As you will see in the picture that my friend has sent me from tonight's concert, the wristbands look normal prior to the show – it's when the music begins that the real magic happens. Once Chris Martin and the band take stage, the wristbands will begin to light up to the beat of the music! From what I hear the visual spectacle that these glowing wristbands offer is absolutely out of this world.

Advertisement

Of course over the past couple of weeks there has been speculation that Coldplay would stop handing out the glowing wristbands to cut back concert costs. As you can see with the photo from tonight's show in Miami, Florida, that is not the case – fans can still expect to partake in an amazing musical light spectacle when they attend Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto Tour.

Check back tomorrow for exclusive photos and video from tonight's show and if you are currently watching Coldplay perform, comment below with your reactions to the concert!

Please visit http://www.coldplay.com for more information on the glowing wristbands and their Mylo Xyloto Tour.

http://www.examiner.com/article/coldplay-illuminates-miami-florida-concert-with-glowing-wristbands

Did you know that Jason Regler's selling them to bands, festivals etc. now? Maybe we'll be seeing them outside of Coldplay shows soon.

Did you know that Jason Regler's selling them to bands, festivals etc. now? Maybe we'll be seeing them outside of Coldplay shows soon.

I read his tweet to One Direction, I think. I was surprised b/c I thought he had an exclusive deal with Coldplay.

Doesn't Coldplay own like half of the company or something?

I remember before we even got to see any xyloband, the story was that Coldplay had invested in a company that would produce them. So I guess, the idea perhaps is that they'll sell it to other bands and events and make some profit?

Here's the tweet from Jason Regler to Harry Styles of 1 Direction

Jason Regler ‏@Jayreg1969

@Harry_Styles Harry i am creator of the XYLOBANDS used Coldplay shows hope you liked them & Show - Wristbands be great for you guys 2013

THey must have a stake in it. Jason Regler wouldn't be able to trademark the name 'Xylobands' without their authorization.

fndz6c.jpg

It was mentioned before they do own a significant stake in the company. It's my understanding they provided the capitalization needed to get the company off the ground.

Just got back from another AMAZING show! Gwyneth was in the house for this one, which went pretty perfect from start to finish. Chris took into account the latinos in Miami, using Spanish a couple of times. There are few words to express what this show is all about, but I would tell you that it is about seeing the boys at their best, giving everything each night. It is unbelievable how much drive they have, especially after having done everything you can do in the music business to be successful. Was in second row, this time in Jonny's side, who wasn't so cool like Guy (strangely). Made eye-contact with Chris and Guy a couple of times and overall, had the most amazing night of my life again. The crowd was very good, although in the first rows we got many girls whose only obsession is to see and film Chris but they don't know a song from our beloved band. It is kind of sad that he gets so much attention and the other ones go unnoticed when they are so talented. The crew and the roadies were fantastic as usual. They are a great time and are the most wonderful people on earth. God bless them. A great band and a great crew. What more can you ask? I have nothing but to wish the best to the boys and to wish everyone who gets to go to a concert to have the times of your lives, until we wait for the Coldplay Film. I LOVE THIS BAND and I cannot wait to see what's to come! Cheers everybody!