✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! Here is the front of the shirt i made for the concert! It glows in the dark very well and if any of you see me with it on..dont hesitate to stop by and say hello! I will be making the back once the front finishes drying and ill post a picture of the back in a few days. :D

?ui=2&ik=1f87028505&view=att&th=13819762cf68207a&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_2tZiwBCh5VmygDs55Hg6I&sadet=1340490932286&sads=3aoPqcGYPBD_C5tjV41g2FGyN5U

?ui=2&ik=1f87028505&view=att&th=1381975d254ec204&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_2tZiwBCh5VmygDs55Hg6I&sadet=1340490782534&sads=s-TJmTyjn9i81STqeWqCPOQwE4w

I can't see the picture :confused:

Coldplay, Accept My Bribe.

Dear Coldplay (just kidding, what makes me think they will actually read this?),

This is my attempt at bribing a group of four fabulous Brits–you. Please read this proposal in its entirety, I assure you it is in your interest as well. Here I go. This is no Pulitzer winner material, shed some mercy on me.

I’m a 21 year-old aspiring at something, don’t know what yet, with an adequate, none-obsessive, love for you– Coldplay. You Brits captured my heart in a 2003 MTV promo shot at the Hollywood Bowl. I still remember. Me, a newcomer to America, starting to learn some English. My parents insisted I watch television, they argue it would help me learn the language. And there I was, switching between the sea of strangely speaking people, when suddenly I was hypnotized by a group of guys that played instruments– instruments which included a piano!– and were not dancing in perfect unison. I went to my room, took out my Backstreet Boys’ collection, shoved it in the “I’ll never admit I used to listen to that Music” box and never heard it again (well, I don’t know how it got into my Ipod, so some times when I shuffle, a song or two come up, but I swear that’s it). I spent a week trying to catch the 30-second commercial so that I could attempt to write the lyrics and thus have a hint as to who those guys were. But let’s face it– my parents were right, I needed to learn some English. After weeks of agonizing heartbreak, a friend of mine inserted a CD with handwritten Sharpie album artwork (yes, she probably got the tracks off of Limewire) titled “Alternative Rock”. You guessed it, the first track was “The Scientist” by COLDPLAY. My heart was pumping with joy, and as I butchered every single word of that song I realized two things: 1. I probably needed some practice with my pronunciation and 2. Why lie? I needed lots of practice with my pronunciation. But there it was, at 13 years old, my first eargasm.

I was bullied– not really, I’m just saying this for dramatic emphasis– on numerous occasions for openly admitting my love for you (this of course before the release of “Viva La Vida”, when, let’s face it, it still was very sensitively uncool to listen to CP). In my high school years, I would vandalize my school’s whiteboards with Coldplay lyrics in hopes of enlightening my peers. In 2006 I threw a tantrum and threatened to go on a hunger strike (mainly consisting of no chocolate, though I didn’t specify at the time) if my parents didn’t grant me an early birthday present of CP concert tickets. One of my brothers drove me some 250 miles. I changed clothes in the car, panicked a little at red lights because I thought I was going to miss the opening song, slept in a cheap and smelly hotel, and had an unforgettable night. In 2008 I successfully repeated the stunt.

You guys have had something to do with my many attempts to save the world. I can give you some credit for inspiring me to educate myself on global issues, even if it meant having to explain to my mother what “Fair Trade” was, and that she had nothing to worry about… I wasn’t going to get it tattooed on my hand– “It’s just marker!”.

When my grandparents died I blasted the speakers to “Fix You” probably for a whole week. I stopped for fear of scratching the CD. Though after all this years I still don’t own “Parachutes”, I probably have listened to your music an incalculable amount of hours. My pronunciation has improved lots, and now I not only can sing along, I can also understand your lyrics. Unfortunately, I am tone-deaf, so yes– I still manege to butcher your songs.

You can probably ask any of my friends and they’ll tell you that I plan on losing my virginity with one of your songs playing the background. I’m not a shame to say it– you know, the “I still have my V-card at 21″ part.

I believe it was Chris– or at least Wikipedia claims so– that said: “Coldplay is for people with great taste, intelligence, incredible good lookingness, talent, ability, success, grabbing of life. Coldplay’s for people who know what life’s about. They’re always entertaining. Delightful to talk to. Sweet, charming, incredibly good in bed. Virile. They have incredible success with girls, or boys, or both. They’re generally just the world’s best citizens. Maybe I’m biased, but I’m definitely right.” Well, Chris you were right. I am the embodiment of your statement. There could not be a more perfect definition of me. Thanks for the compliments.

For all that you’ve done for me, I have one more thing to ask–

I need a pair of tickets for your June 29 Miami concert.

Is it much to ask? Probably not.

America has an African-American president, Aung San Suu Kyi is a free woman, Kate Middleton married Prince William, “Rolling In The Deep” is played at least twice every day by more than 5 radio stations, and the sun is looking mighty shiny. You see, there are other countless things– far more important– with a greater possibility of impossibility to achieve. Pardon my bias, but I think it simple. You– Chris, Guy, Will, Jonny– talk to who ever is in charge and just get me a pair of tickets for your show.

Now, don’t take me for a selfish, ungrateful fan. In return for your kind, generous and precious gift, I vow to put at your disposal two magnificent services, so that you may come to enjoy the Miami sunshine and lifestyle.

1. Private Chef services.

Two of my brothers are excellent chefs. They have worked for the best and with the best. These boys will not fail to deliver a finger licking meal.

2. Mustang Convertibles.

My other brother, the one that doesn’t cook, owns a car-rental with some beautiful and fast Mustang convertibles. Wouldn’t you guys like to experience the Miami sunshine on one of those babies?

Yes, I’m trying to bribe you. We live in a world of possible impossibles.

Just get me a fucking pair of tickets. Fine, just one.

Coldplay, I dare you. Accept my bribe.

Please&Thank you.

– Lady of Press

You peeps out there, feel free to get this trending.

#ColdplayAcceptTheBribe

http://www.ladyofpress.wordpress.com

Yes it's viewable now, the shirt looks great, nice work!

Thank you! I was about to post a picture of the back..but PhotoBucket wasn't cooperating with me :angry:

The back of the shirt says "We'll be glowing in the dark" -Charlie Brown. :D

and has a few of their graffiti symbols :smug:

Thank you! I was about to post a picture of the back..but PhotoBucket wasn't cooperating with me :angry:

The back of the shirt says "We'll be glowing in the dark" -Charlie Brown. :D

and has a few of their graffiti symbols :smug:

If you need any help posting pictures I can try to from my photobucket if you'd like.

Just so you know.

Wolf Gang: 7 PM

Robyn: 8 PM

Coldplay: 9 PM

Okay thanks!! What time is everyone getting there? I want to get there a little before the doors open because I bought my tickets from someone online and I don't want to show up and be told that someone with the same tickets already got in. What time do you think I should show up? Is there usually a long line with a lot of people waiting for the doors to open?

Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto Tour at American Airlines Arena June 29

A A AComments By Arye Dworken Thursday, Jun 28 2012

Why would a band that has sold a reported 50 million albums, won seven Grammys, and married a Paltrow even need a defense? While Coldplay may rule the Minivan Dominion with a falsetto fist, in other circles, mere mention of the band's name inspires sneering and vitriol.

And the group's newest album, Mylo Xyloto, will not change anyone's opinion of frontman Chris Martin and Coldplay. If you love them, you will still love them. If you are embarrassed to admit to others that you enjoy them on rare occasion, you will still be embarrassed to admit to others that you enjoy them on rare occasion. It's not their masterpiece (Viva la Vida is), but the sun-drenched Mylo still makes it hard for us to comprehend why people feel such animosity toward this band.

Forget the haters. Coldplay doesn't suck.

Location Info

Map data ©2012 - Terms of Use

American Airlines Arena

601 Biscayne Blvd.

Miami, FL 33132 Category: Music Venues Region: Out of Town Photos

1 user reviews

Write A Review

Details

Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto Tour: 7 p.m. Friday, June 29, at American Airlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-960-8500; aaarena.com. Tickets cost $26.50 to $96.50 plus fees via ticketmaster.com.

Like this Story?

Sign up for the Music Newsletter: Keep your thumb on the local music scene with music features, additional online music listings and show picks. We'll also send special ticket offers and music promotions available only to our Music Newsletter subscribers.

So in an attempt to address the contempt, let's try to understand the critiques.

The personalities suck. "[Coldplay is] the anti-Sex Pistols," Andy Gill writes in the Independent. "An act that repulses not through outrage, bad manners, and poor grooming, but through their inoffensive niceness and emollient personableness."

Rock 'n' roll — specifically punk rock — is about edge and attitude. A bottle of Jack, check. A disdain for your audience, check. A perpetually upright middle finger, check. But we can say with complete confidence and assuredness that Coldplay has no interest in being a rock band, let alone a punk band.

"Inoffensive niceness and emollient personableness" are two qualities Gill considers terrible things. Being nice? Does that invalidate your rock status? Emollient? That's how we like our shampoos and hand creams. If the biggest problem with Coldplay is that they're really agreeable dudes, we'll take them over Lou Reed any day.

The songs suck. "Five albums in, the British band has found an uncanny equilibrium between swooping, arena-ready pop and cheesy, down-to-earth humility," Marc Hogan writes in a Salon article titled "Why I Can't Hate Coldplay Anymore."

The writer successfully and succinctly describes the Coldplay aesthetic, which is equal parts epic and humble. Whether he means his description as a criticism or as a compliment, he's still right. But what Hogan doesn't acknowledge is that many universally popular bands have shifted into experimenting with their proven formulas in an effort to regain some cred and disenchant the frat-boy or soccer-mom constituency — just as U2 did in 1991, just as Radiohead has done throughout its entire career. Chris Martin and Coldplay, paradoxically, will probably never do that. They are as dependable as a Volvo.

The plagiarism sucks. So Coldplay isn't the most original band, nor is it creating the most original sounds. "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" was accused of borrowing from the Eurohouse hit "Ritmo de la Noche," but the piano sample in question is actually from Peter Allen and Adrienne Anderson"s "I Go to Rio" — and both are credited in Mylo's liner notes.

Also, do you honestly think Chris Martin heard a Joe Satriani song and decided it was something he had to rip off for "Viva la Vida"? Unlikely, if only because he seems like more of an Yngwie guy.

Perhaps, though, in an effort to defend Coldplay, I might actually be doing it a disservice. As Martin told EW: "We're as hated as a band can be." This self-effacing modesty may very well be a promotional tool. The only way one of the biggest bands in the world can keep global adoration going as a sustainable career is by positioning itself as the bullied underdog.

In Mylo Xyloto's serene elegy "Us Against the World," Martin could be cooing about his fate as a critical punch line: "Through chaos as it swirls/It's just us against the world/Through chaos as it swirls/It's us against the world." It's not profound, but you got the point. Right?

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-06-28/music/coldplay-s-mylo-xyloto-tour-at-the-american-airlines-arena-june-29/