✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA, USA

Jenjie

you did a great job! :P

(don't worry I saw your other post! :p)

thank you very much. It was very tough to write it at 12 am. Had to go back this early and do some grammer corrections :lol:

and bought Wolf Gang's album earlier this morning. So amazing, really would love to see them again and with better sound quality :P

you'd have to pay me to get Robyn's album. A LOT

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you guys say that the tickets behind the stage are worth it? It appears there is a decent view there

My seat was pretty much directly behind the stage and all the way at the top. It wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't great. The screen blocked most of the stage but I could still see the band really well when they moved around. I bet if you were closer to the floor then the view is probably better. Just my opinion. I still had a great time!

Coldplay. Wow. What a show. I will remember last night for the rest of my life. You can tell that all four of those guys love what they do. Watching Chris run up and down the stage during "Fix You" with that true smile on his face that all of us Coldplayers know, was enough to send tears down my face. I am so proud to be a fan of Coldplay, because they love their music, their shows, and most of all their fans. Coldplay will always be my most favorite band. I will soon upload videos and pictures. I will post a link to my youtube channel for everyone to see. Although I didnt get full length songs I did catch some very good moments on an okay quality camera.

Song before 99 Problems

Before 99 Problems there was a song that played and had something like: "I know that I love you" or something like that in it. What was it!?

The show was excellent by the way. I haven't had that much fun in ages.

Before 99 Problems there was a song that played and had something like: "I know that I love you" or something like that in it. What was it!?

The show was excellent by the way. I haven't had that much fun in ages.

Seriously though what the hell are they doing playing 99 problems I mean cmon there's little kids there man coldplay are spiritual and soulful and they're better then that

Sitting in the 6th row was amazing! I went to the Atlanta concert 3 years ago during their Viva La Vida tour and the this concert was definitely 10x better! However, we did have some trouble with enormously tall men standing in front of us. But, in the end they ended up moving so the view was still great! Plus the family in front of my fiancé and I were sitting down the whole time :D I think they should have a height requirement for the floor seats! Lol!

It also really amazed me how many people at the concert were just there for a couple songs that they had heard on the radio (like Paradise)... You could tell who the real Coldplay fans were. We were the ones with our hands up the whole time singing along word for word to every single song and of course crying at Fix You, lol.

All in all, I would say the VIP party package wasn't all that amazing. The food at the reception was okay, nothing amazing. VIP parking was nice too, but not amazing either. Next time, we will prob purchase just the VIP tickets alone that come with early entry and good seats. And I didn't get to meet Chris :(

On another note, I actually liked Robyn. Even though she was a little crude at some points... Her music is very out there and I totally respect her for what she does. She really seems like she loves what she does.

Lastly, I don't even have the right words to describe last night... All I can really say is that I was in my own little world that consisted of me and Coldplay. Like someone on here had said, "nothing mattered outside of that arena." That's exactly how I felt. I am so grateful that my fiancé went through all that trouble to purchase those tickets for me 7 months ago. Last night was one of the best nights of my life! I would re-do it all over again!

I also saw Chris' wife, Gwyneth! She is absolutely gorgeous!

Alright, here's my review:

That was the best and most fun concert I've gone to. Even my brother enjoyed it, and I had to drag him to come with me. He really got into it from the beginning when the Xylobands started to light up. I was into it the moment the Back To The Future theme started. As a Coldplay fan there is nothing better than being at there and having an absolute blast singing along with fellow fans. I appreciate the things the band does to make it an even more fun experience. Seeing those Xylobands light up during the songs is just wow. Seeing it in videos is nothing compared to seeing it live. The songs were great. The guys did a fantastic job performing them. I've always thought they sound better live than in studio. I was glad to finally hear Warning Sign live since it's actually a favorite of mine and I've never heard a live version of it. I'd pick a favorite but I'm going to have to list the whole setlist. Lol. That's probably because the setlist was really strong. They started strong and ended strong. But I'm pretty sure my brother's favorite from the show was Speed of Sound. I heard him sing the loudest during that. Overall, it was one hell of an experience. I highly suggest seeing them as many times as you can. It's that good.

Also, word of advice: go crazy and enjoy. Jump all you want. Scream all you want. But most importantly, sing as loud as you can. It's so much more fun that way.

<iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?group_id=&user_id=62501169@N07&set_id=72157630400053744/show&tags=Cars,Lotus,Exige" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no"></iframe><br/><small>Created with <a href="http://www.admarket.se" title="Admarket.se">Admarket's</a> <a href="http://flickrslidr.com" title="flickrSLiDR">flickrSLiDR</a>.</small>

What a fantastic concert. Easily one of my favorites..(like any of them have ever been bad!).

This time we took our girls ages 16 & 8 - to their first concert ever. They both had a blast. We were in Sec 202 which is too far for my tastes but I wasn't sure how the girls would react. Unlike most of the world, I happen to like Robyn so I enjoyed her set. I wish I would have ran down to the floor after to collect confetti as I have confetti from all of the other concerts.

Thanks for sharing your pics and reviews guys!

Coldplay Atlanta July 2, 2012 Yellow

I need your help! If you were at Coldplay Live in Atlanta during the song Yellow I want your footage and or pictures i got upgraded to front row (a dream come true) I am the biggest fan and somehow i managed to get on the jumbo-tron! I was the dude with the shirt that said "Yellow" Please please please! i need your help in capturing this moment for me cause during that time i was going nuts!

Thanks!

They were absolutely amazing. Honestly the greatest concert I've ever been to in my life. And what was even better- the Hawks (who play at Philips), made too awesome trades while I was sitting on the arena floor waiting for the concert.

Honestly, one of the top 5 nights of my life. Coldplay is just amazing.

And dude with Yellow shirt- I saw you on there... just didn't take any pics, sorry. :(

Coldplay Live Atlanta 7.2.2012

Does any one have footage of the concert the other night in Atlanta during the song yellow? As a dream come true I made it on the jumbo-tron and I was wanting to capture this moment please I need your help if you by any chance caught this!!! Or is there a way to get a DVD of the performance?

Thanks for your help!

Yea man saw you as well but didn't take pics and also does anyone have any recommendations on how to wash and dry these shirts without shrinking to much lol? The only that hasn't shrunk on me was my blue viva shirt and I forgot how I made that happen. Also the tag says no bleach I think....

If you haven't figured it out I'm a single guy in his own apartment in Atlanta lol

Anyone aware of what the first 3 rows were used for?

For upgrades : )

Roadie #42 - Blog #174:

In European standing shows, the front rows are the kids who’ve been outside the venue since daybreak and who’ve sprinted in to get the pole position. Usually by the time the opening acts have finished they’re at fever pitch with excitement. The sight of Chris’s piano being wheeled into position can bring about a screaming cheer - explosive enough to make you think the show has already started.

In contrast, folks who’d paid astronomical sums for the tickets could often just sit with an arms folded sense of entitlement, emoting “come on then, entertain me, have you any idea how much I paid for this?”.

So the band don’t sell the tickets to the front few rows any more. Instead, various crew members are sent out to scan the highest, furthest seats to find folks who look genuinely excited and giddy to be seeing the band. They’re then given tickets to the front row (which quite often looks a very, very long way away from the “nosebleed” seats). Often, folks think it’s a scam and refuse to believe it. Often they go berserk and jump up and down screaming - until they have to calm down before they fall down.

Eventually, though, they end up down the front and the natural order of things is restored. For them, it’s a Willy Wonka golden ticket. For the band, it’s guaranteed energy from the folks closest to them. It genuinely does make the shows better. We’ve all said it many times. How good a show is, is largely to do with how good the audience are. It’s what fuels the whole thing.

This was the most amazing concert I have ever been to! I wish we could have gotten an upgrade because our seats were behind the stage but all in all it was a great time! I actually see my husband and myself in a few of the pic you all have posted, we are standing above the grafitti board in the 200's. I am just so happy to have experienced this big party!! I took alot of photos and will post them soon!:)

Does any one have footage of the concert the other night in Atlanta during the song yellow? As a dream come true I made it on the jumbo-tron and I was wanting to capture this moment please I need your help if you by any chance caught this!!! Or is there a way to get a DVD of the performance?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Thekorymiller if you havent seen the video yet, i believe youtube already has some uploads of the concert.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXCDNzDI8QM]Yellow - YouTube[/ame]

here is one,