✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously though no-one recorded it lol? two ones that happened after this show are up though, a man can only live off youtube for so long

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUUMWusYnK4]Coldplay - Atlanta - July 2 2012 - Viva La Vida/Charlie Brown/Paradise - YouTube[/ame]

just after the 14 minute mark. I didn't mean to get such a long video but I kept getting excited every time they went into another song and had my boyfriend keep the camera on. Especially Charlie Brown with the xylobands flashing.

Go Team Atlanta!

Posted by Kaleigh Leach on 11 July 2012

11.bmp

This is a guest blog. Kaleigh volunteered at the Atlanta show.

Last Monday (2nd July) was such a great night, and I owe it to Oxfam and Coldplay. It marked the 4th time I have volunteered with Oxfam at a Coldplay show (and my 9th time seeing them), and it never gets old…In fact I’m more and more excited each time!

This was my 2nd time as a Team Leader, which meant I was the main point of contact for all of the volunteers. It was my job to make sure the volunteers knew where they were going and what they would be doing. I also arrived early to help Rachel get everything set up and organized before the volunteers arrived.

Once Team Atlanta was assembled we all were able to meet each other, learn more about Oxfam and learn about how we’re supporting the GROWcampaign for the night. The cool thing about this tour is that instead of just carrying around clipboards and canvassing fans, we’re dressing up as food and taking pictures of fans that are automatically added to a wall of fans on this blog and the Oxfam America Facebook page. Not only that but by Tweeting the hashtag #lovefoodhateinjustice, fans anywhere and everywhere can connect with what is happening. I love it!

3373ca76c4c011e1b2fe1231380205bf_7-300x300.jpg

Team Atlanta was great! A smaller group of 2 set a new record for the most sign ups at 136! All the volunteers wearing the food costumes were so enthusiastic and awesome sports at being in so many pictures all night! Sometimes volunteering is hard because you don’t know who to approach or who is going to want their picture taken with a tomato, but everyone figured out what worked best for them.

After we finished up for the night, everyone was so helpful with getting everything packed up. No one was standing around wondering what to do, they were all helping. What a great group! After we were done, we all got to enjoy the best band put on the best concert. What could be better?

I hope that everyone will keep volunteering and showing their support for Oxfam, and will hopefully see them all again at the next Coldplay show in Atlanta…

link

Coldplay - Atlanta - July 2 2012 - Viva La Vida/Charlie Brown/Paradise - YouTube[/url]

just after the 14 minute mark. I didn't mean to get such a long video but I kept getting excited every time they went into another song and had my boyfriend keep the camera on. Especially Charlie Brown with the xylobands flashing.

thanks for the vid. you must have been really close to me though lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

haha, I'm just now seeing this...that's me!!!:D

Go Team Atlanta!

Posted by Kaleigh Leach on 11 July 2012

11.bmp

This is a guest blog. Kaleigh volunteered at the Atlanta show.

Last Monday (2nd July) was such a great night, and I owe it to Oxfam and Coldplay. It marked the 4th time I have volunteered with Oxfam at a Coldplay show (and my 9th time seeing them), and it never gets old…In fact I’m more and more excited each time!

This was my 2nd time as a Team Leader, which meant I was the main point of contact for all of the volunteers. It was my job to make sure the volunteers knew where they were going and what they would be doing. I also arrived early to help Rachel get everything set up and organized before the volunteers arrived.

Once Team Atlanta was assembled we all were able to meet each other, learn more about Oxfam and learn about how we’re supporting the GROWcampaign for the night. The cool thing about this tour is that instead of just carrying around clipboards and canvassing fans, we’re dressing up as food and taking pictures of fans that are automatically added to a wall of fans on this blog and the Oxfam America Facebook page. Not only that but by Tweeting the hashtag #lovefoodhateinjustice, fans anywhere and everywhere can connect with what is happening. I love it!

3373ca76c4c011e1b2fe1231380205bf_7-300x300.jpg

Team Atlanta was great! A smaller group of 2 set a new record for the most sign ups at 136! All the volunteers wearing the food costumes were so enthusiastic and awesome sports at being in so many pictures all night! Sometimes volunteering is hard because you don’t know who to approach or who is going to want their picture taken with a tomato, but everyone figured out what worked best for them.

After we finished up for the night, everyone was so helpful with getting everything packed up. No one was standing around wondering what to do, they were all helping. What a great group! After we were done, we all got to enjoy the best band put on the best concert. What could be better?

I hope that everyone will keep volunteering and showing their support for Oxfam, and will hopefully see them all again at the next Coldplay show in Atlanta…

link

• 1 month later...

Better late than never right? Here's my review of the show!

Although I was looking forward to this show for MONTHS, it quickly dawned on me that I had class the day of the show that I couldn't miss and I wouldn't be making the show. I was so bummed :( but then I said well, even if I only see 1 song, it'd be worth driving 3 hours to Atlanta to see Coldplay. The reason I said this is because of how amazing the Music Midtown 2011 show was. Coldplay REALLY impressed me that day I instantly knew they were one of the best live bands in the world. So whatever I could do to see a song or two, I would do it.

I left as quickly as possible and knew I would be arriving very late, maybe even missing the entire show - who really knew what traffic would be like, etc. I drove as fast as I could to Atlanta, parked at the Tabernacle and RAN to Philips Arena. By this time it was right after 10:00pm.

Before the show I had been following the sets and knew Lost! was replaced with Lovers In Japan and I knew what they were playing - Speed Of Sound had returned, etc. The songs I wanted to see the most were Up In Flames and Warning Sign. They didn't play either in Atlanta the last time and from my understanding, Warning Sign isn't a song they play a ton live (or didn't before this tour). I love the track and wanted to see it badly, but knew I would be arriving too late to see either of those.

Outside, I went right to the VIP smoking area to just walk around and find someone with an extra ticket. The luck was in my favor because a VIP guy saw I needed a ticket, said he had an extra because a friend bailed, and gave it to me for $12! $12, wow! I immediately ran to the entrance, went in and ran immediately to the first spot where I could see the stage.

And what were they playing?

Warning Sign!

I saw almost the full song. Wow. Day = made. Of course I'm disappointed as all get out that I missed everything before it, but I did the best I could and I was so happy I was there and able to see the show. I didn't even bother finding the seat - I just watched the entire show in the aisle at the top of the 100s level...a great spot to see the show.

A Hopeful Transmission was up next and I said wow they're about to play Don't Let It Break Your Heart, and they did! People everywhere were bouncing up and down! The song sounded absolutely fantastic - it was so loud! I was in awe at the stage and the set up in the arena. It's kind of odd seeing a show starting at song number #11 or #12 in the setlist but hey, it's all good! So the Viva piano intro was next and the place was roaring. Viva sounded great and Chris was in great shape all over the place. I knew from Music Midtown that this song was a monster live.

After Viva, Chris told everyone to jump up and down on the next song. And then the Xylobands came alive and the arena looked AMAZING. Those must be the coolest creations in terms of concert production that I've ever seen. I was really impressed and was determined to get one after the show. Charlie Brown and Paradise sounded absolutely great.

Then they went out in the crowd to do Us Against The World and Speed Of Sound, and they weren't that far from me standing in an aisle! I hadn't seen these two songs live and I was glad Speed Of Sound had returned to the show. Us Against The World probably would have been played at the 2011 Atlanta show but they did the R.E.M. cover instead, which was awesome.

I thought there would be a big encore break after these two songs since it just seemed like a short break for them to get out into the crowd before them, but the band took off back to the main stage and Clocks blew the place apart! It really seemed like there was no encore break at this show but it was fine with me. I love Clocks and the encore was just great. Of course Fix You would have the Georgia On My Mind intro and it was awesome to see Chris running down the catwalk dancing. I have an awesome video of it.

Every Teardrop closed and the crowd was just rocking the entire encore. Fantastic "half" show I saw and even though I was bummed I didn't see it all, it was SO worth seeing the 10 songs I did see. I can't wait until they come back :)

• 6 months later...