✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we were just part of the Dvd movie? Or are they just promoting a future movie

They haven't specified which venues will appear in the final product yet, but as far as I know, they're filming every show, so you never know!

Jenna Schafer ‏@schaferwafer

Could their concerts be any more perfect? #coldplay #concert #coldplayfilm #amazing http://instagr.am/p/MmwY2-D6qt/

2hrd0sw.jpg

my review:

Tales From the Middle of Section 7: Row B Seat 6

Well, I started my Coldplay Atlanta journey back in December when I bought 40 dollar seats for Section 410. But quickly after getting some money I traded up to Section 7. 7 Months past and the day came, July 2nd, 2012. After beginning to get to the arena early we dad finally gave in and we arrived at 5:15. After a quick dinner of Wendy's in the food court we headed into the arena. I purchased only a tour program since I had bought a t-shirt online. I made my way to my seat and started the long wait. With no realy music going on I just sat there and took it all in. Now for the opening acts:

Wolf Gang: What can I say, they were amazing. When they announced they were coming out to meet the fans, but after 15 minutes waiting in a blob of people that never moved, we headed back to our seats, which was a mistake. Definitely buying their new album later this week

Robyn: Again, what can I say, worst thing ever. All of her songs bored me and I couldn't understand a word. and btw a TERRIBLE cover of Teardrop

Once 99 Problems started, it was on. Everyone around me, including myself, got excited and stood up. Now I love that song but it felt like it lasted ages. Then came the Back to the Future theme and well, I'll some up the show by each song.

9:05-9:10

MX/Hurts Like Heaven: an amazing opening song as usual. After seeing the Xylobands at work on videos I thought I knew what was coming but I was very, very.......VERY wrong. Probably the greatest thing at a concert ever. Back to the song. It's on of my favorites from MX and it's even better live. An epic song that will be played for years to come.

In My Place: A timeless classic. The way Will pounds those drums really gets you in the mood. This is also the first song of the night where the "casual fans" sing a long. The confetti is amazing too, but distracted me too much. Should of waited for the end of the show to get all my confetti.

Major Minus: Actually one of my least favorites from MX but wow can it rock live. to sum up this song: Everyone put there hands up and Coldplay rocked out

Lovers in Japan: One of my favorite songs period. I was devastated last year when this song wasn't being played so once I saw that it was played earlier this year I was very excited.

The Scientist: By far the best sing-along of the night. Everybody singing along was louder than the band playing the song. A song that should never ever leave a Coldplay set.

Yellow: My first favorite Coldplay song will always have a special place in my heart. A most epic performance starting off with a Chris solo at the piano leading into a BANG of the full band. Again one of the louder croud responses of the night.

Violet Hill: A lot of people out there who don't like Coldplay say that all they do is play soft slow ballads. Well if you want to prove them wrong look no further than this song. Amazing guitar playing from Mr. Buckland leads the way.

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face: The best segue-way of the night from Violet Hill to GPASUYF. Another great rocking tune with a higlight of the guitar battle of Chris and Jonny. With the epic conclusion of Chris throwing his guitar in the air.

Princess of China: No surprise that it wasn't one of my favorite songs of the night but that being said it was still an amazing song live. The video of Rihanna seemed off a bit at times but I was surprised how well the crowd responded.

Up in Flames: My least favorite song on MX, but a bit better live. A nice slow song that could be a good sing a long if it was more popular.

Warning Sign: Top 3 song of the night. Amazing that they brought this song back for the shows. And a plus that there were no screw up's tonight :lol: .

Don't Let It Break Your Heart: One of my favorites from MX and so thrilled that this song has made it into the live set. A great thumping beat that you can really feel throughout your body. Chris and the boys really seem to enjoy this one too.

Viva La Vida: What do you think I'm gonna say. Nobody in the arena moved or made a sound? OF COURSE NOT. As probably the band's most famous song this of course it got the best crowd reaction. Not one of my top songs but I love and it's amazing live.

Charlie Brown: My favorite Coldplay song. period. AMAZING live. The only song where I jumped. Not my fault, those seats where so damn close I couldn't jump freely, but I had to force myself to take a risk just for this song. Best moment of the night was putting my fist up with everybody at the end. Felt like part of a Coldplay Cult :D

Paradise: Another great popular song. Another great sing-along. See what I did there. The new Viva chant. Amazing moment a the end. Too bad Chris screwed up in the beginning.

Now everyone is waiting for Coldplay to come back to the stage, I, a vivid seatlist watcher, turn my head to where I noticed the C-Stage was before the show.

Us Against the World: Amazing. Didn't get to hear this one at Music Midtown because of the R.E.M. tribute and really missed this one.

Speed of Sound: With X&Y being my second favorite album from Coldplay, I'm usually heartbroken where I see the lack of songs from it in the set. But I was very happy when I saw this was being played. A great song and even got it on video.

Now Coldplay rush back to the main stage witin feet of me. A highlight of the night.

Clocks : Another classic song that is just killer live. Amazing light show included.

Fix You: One of the band's greatest song live. Started of with a tribute the great state of Georgia with Georgia on My Mind. Always epic live with a burst of energy from everone in the band, especially Chris

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall: A great ending to an amazing night. Usually slacked, this song is killer live and is full of energy from everyone including the audience.

Now that I'm done with that I can share some notes from the show

Audience: A lot of adults around me which surprised me a lot. The guy to the left of me was fantastic. We kept making fun of Robyn together and I answered about the band since he was only a casual fan. It also seems that every concert I go to there is a giant in front of me. This day last year at U2 there was the Not so-Leprechaun *he had a green shirt on and a green Ireland hat* and this year it was the Iron Giant. THe worst part was that he was right in front of the piano for my view :( AND SOMEBODY SPILLED A BEER ON MY PROGRAM

Miscellaneous: Robyn sucks. sorry just had to say it again. devistated that I once again didn't touch a baloon. What's will all the baloons running to the stage in seconds??? Happy with the lack screw-ups. OMG CHRIS AND A COWBOY HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and how come they don't sell drinks after the show. Could get some major $$$$$$$

Pictures - I'm really mad about this. Our camera freaked out and only started to take fuzzy pictures. I took some with my Iphone but it didn't do justice. The band looked so far away on the videos and pics but my seats were amazing. If you want to see some decent pictures check out my twitter. Don't know how to post them here

Videos: again, no justice. stupid phone :(

Speed of Sound: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hwx3KnObRk]Coldplay Atlanta 2012 Speed of Sound - YouTube[/ame]

Run by after C-Stage: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60GMzpspZn4]Coldplay Atlanta 2012 Run By - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing night, in fact one of the best ever. Coldplay will go down as one of the greatest bands of all time. Not just in our minds, cause in there they already are :lol:

my review:

Tales From the Middle of Section 7: Row B Seat 6

Well, I started my Coldplay Atlanta journey back in December when I bought 40 dollar seats for Section 410. But quickly after getting some money I traded up to Section 7. 7 Months past and the day came, July 2nd, 2012. Afte beginning to get to the arena early we dad finally gave in and we arrived at 5:15. After a quick dinner of Wendy's in the food court we headed into the arena. I purchesed only a tour program since I had bought a t-shirt online. I made my way to my seat and started the long wait. With no realy music going on I just sat there and took it all in. Now for the opening acts:

Wolf Gang: What can I say, they were amazing. When they announced they were coming out to meet the fans, but after 15 minutes waiting in a blob of people that never moved, we headed back to our seats, which was a mistake. Definetly buying their new album later this week

Robyn: Again, what can I say, worst thing ever. All of her songs bored me and I couldn't understand a word. and btw a TERRIBLE cover of Teardrop

Once 99 Problems started, it was on. Everyone around me, including myself, got excited and stood up. Now I love that song but it felt like it lasted ages. Then came the Back to the Future theme and well, I'll some up the show by each song.

9:05-9:10

MX/Hurts Like Heaven: an amazing opening song as usual. After seeing the Xylobands at work on videos I thought I knew what was coming but I was very, very.......VERY wrong. Probably the greatest thing at a concert ever. Back to the song. It's on of my favorites from MX and it's even better live. An epic song that will be played for years to come.

In My Place: A timeless classic. The way Will pounds those drums really gets you in the mood. This is also the first song of the night where the "casual fans" sing a long. The confetti is amazing too, but distracted me too much. Should of waited for the end of the show to get all my confetti.

Major Minus: Actually one of my least favorites from MX but wow can it rock live. to sum up this song: Everyone put there hands up and Coldplay rocked out

Lovers in Japan: One of my favorite songs period. I was devistated last year when this song wasn't being played so once I saw that it was played earlier this year I was very excited.

The Scientist: By far the best sing-along of the night. Everybody singing along was louder than the band playing the song. A song that should never ever leave a Coldplay set.

Yellow: My first favorite Coldplay song will always have a special place in my heart. A most epic performance starting off with a Chris solo at the piano leading into a BANG of the full band. Again one of the louder croud responses of the night.

Violet Hill: A lot of people out there who don't like Coldplay say that all they do is play soft slow ballads. Well if you want to prove them wrong look no further than this song. Amazing guitar playing from Mr. Buckland leads the way.

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face: The best segue-way of the night from Violet Hill to GPASUYF. Another great rocking tune with a higlight of the guitar battle of Chris and Jonny. With the epic conclusion of Chris throwing his guitar in the air.

Princess of China: No surprise that it wasn't one of my favorite songs of the night but that being said it was still an amazing song live. The video of Rihanna seemed off a bit at times but I was surprised how well the crowd responded.

Up in Flames: My least favorite song on MX, but a bit better live. A nice slow song that could be a good sing a long if it was more popular.

Warning Sign: Top 3 song of the night. Amazing that they brought this song back for the shows. And a plus that there were no screw up's tonight :lol: .

Don't Let It Break Your Heart: One of my favorites from MX and so thrilled that this song has made it into the live set. A great thumping beat that you can really feel throughout your body. Chris and the boys really seem to enjoy this one too.

Viva La Vida: What do you think I'm gonna say. Nobody in the arena moved or made a sound? OF COURSE NOT. As probably the band's most famous song this of course it got the best crowd reaction. Not one of my top songs but I love and it's amazing live.

Charlie Brown: My favorite Coldplay song. period. AMAZING live. The only song where I jumped. Not my fault, those seats where so damn close I couldn't jump freely, but I had to force myself to take a risk just for this song. Best moment of the night was putting my fist up with everybody at the end. Felt like part of a Coldplay Cult :D

Paradise: Another great popular song. Another great sing-along. See what I did there. The new Viva chant. Amazing moment a the end. Too bad Chris screwed up in the beginning.

Now everyone is waiting for Coldplay to come back to the stage, I, a vivid seatlist watcher, turn my head to where I noticed the C-Stage was before the show.

Us Against the World: Amazing. Didn't get to hear this one at Music Midtown because of the R.E.M. tribute and really missed this one.

Speed of Sound: With X&Y being my second favorite album from Coldplay, I'm usually heartbroken where I see the lack of songs from it in the set. But I was very happy when I saw this was being played. A great song and even got it on video.

Now Coldplay rush back to the main stage witin feet of me. A highlight of the night.

Clocks : Another classic song that is just killer live. Amazing light show included.

Fix You: One of the band's greatest song live. Started of with a tribute the great state of Georgia with Georgia on My Mind. Always epic live with a burst of energy from everone in the band, especially Chris

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall: A great ending to an amazing night. Usually slacked, this song is killer live and is full of energy from everyone including the audience.

Now that I'm done with that I can share some notes from the show

Audience: A lot of adults around me which surprised me a lot. The guy to the left of me was fantastic. We kept making fun of Robyn together and I answered about the band since he was only a casual fan. It also seems that every concert I go to there is a giant in front of me. This day last year at U2 there was the Not so-Leprechaun and this year it was the Iron Giant. THe worst part was that he was right in front of the piano for my view :(

Miscellanous: Robyn sucks. sorry just had to say it again. devistated that I once again didn't touch a baloon. What's will all the baloons running to the stage in seconds??? Happy with the lack screw-ups. OMG CHRIS AND A COWBOY HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and how come they don't sell drinks after the show. Could get some major $$$$$$$

Pictures - I'm really mad about this. Our camera freaked out and only started to take fuzzy pictures. I took some with my Iphone but it didn't do justice. The band looked so far away on the videos and pics but my seats were amazing. If you want to see some decent pictures check out my twitter. Don't know how to post them here

Videos: again, no justice. stupid phone :(

Speed of Sound:

Run by after C-Stage:

Amazing night, in fact one of the best ever. Coldplay will go down as one of the greatest bands of all time. Not just in our minds, cause in there they already are :lol:

Thanks for posting a review so quick! i was dying to know how it had gone! Sounds like an amazing night!

A friend is going to NC tomorrow... I made her promise to me that she will call me during the concert! I am very looking forward to it! :)