✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work of Art

This show was a work of art from beginning to end. The stage was amazing, the confetti was amazing, including I found one shaped like a flame, all the guitar playing was amazing, the guys playing songs on the improvised stage in the back.

My section 221 was standing for most of the show!! Can I also just say that I was worried our view would be obstructed, it was an awesome view, we could see Chris playing the piano and he moved around the crescent (back of the stage) often enough we felt so included; I'm sure the seats closer were awesome but our seats were so awesome too!!

What else, Chris at the beginning thanked the audience for coming, whatever stress we had to get through to get there, Dear Chris thank you for even thinking of us!! I mean, I really felt like he so appreciated all of us being there.

Loved all the fans who were still singing chorus on the way out of the Wells Fargo Center!!

^ I think you might be in some of the photos from the photoset I just posted! The photographer took some photos of the crowd on Guy's side : )

eeek, yes, I am! during the confetti! thank you so much, I'm so happy that there's pictures of me from that moment :D

Coldplay: two sold-out shows in Philadelphia

Coldplay packed the 20,000-seat Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia for two nights July 5th and 6th as part of their 2012 Mylo Xyloto North American Tour that began April 17 in Edmonton, AB. The set list is below.

The show was heavy on visuals and the new album. The band played nearly every track from Mylo Xyloto (2011), along with some of the older standards like “Clocks,” “Fix You,” “Yellow” and “Viva La Vida,” the song that took the Grammy in 2009 for Song of the Year.

But the visuals are what made this live concert experience so unique. Everyone in the audience was given a wristband or “Xyloband” that would light up during certain songs, creating a colorful, changing light show in the audience. Add all the lasers and highly artsy filmography going on in large round hanging video screens, some major confetti on the second song, along with flying beach balls, and you have a visual experience like no other.

Earlier this year, Coldplay appeared at the Grammys and introduced the Xylobands during their performance. The colorful lit-up wristbands made a huge impression with the music industry audience.

The stage was shaped like a guitar with the head at the stage and the long neck reaching into the audience in the form of a runway; the frets provided a spot for Chris Martin to play his piano surrounded entirely by fans.

link

EEEEEEEEEEK.

I'm literally in shock right now and I've never been so exhausted in my life, so my review (and pictures!) will have to wait until tomorrow. But this was THE BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. I still can't believe we got upgraded. Everything from when the upgrade roadie started talking to us to the final bow felt like a dream. I just... I'm in shock.

I've read about the upgrades on here for years, but I never EVER thought I'd be lucky enough to get them. Like I said to Marisa and Amy, "I've never even won bingo before, let alone something like this!" haha

I have some awesome pictures and stuff to share, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow. sorry!

PS- if anyone has a video of Yellow, PLEASE SHARE, because we were on the big screen behind the stage twice during the song! Also Paradise, because Chris stopped and pointed at Marisa and I, and then laughed at us when we grabbed each other and screamed :P

YEP THATS DEFINITELY A COLDPLAY GIG,I LIVE IN THE U.K. AND HAVE SEEN THEM 3 TIMES.I SAW THEM THIS SUMMER AND THEY JUST GIVE ME GOOSEBUMPS-THERE'S NOTHING LIKE COLDPLAY,AND SEEING THEM LIVE,GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME.

Glad you liked my pic!

3ce289aac72511e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg

link

This is a little crazy, when i first saw this picture, I was like wow that looks for like my instagram picture. Then i saw that it was my instagram picture! The concert was amazing. I have been to every Philly area show in the last 6 years. This one by far had the most energy!

These pics are amazing, they help me to relive the memory of that amazing night! I’ve been a Coldplay fan for years, and Thursday, July 5th in Philly was the first time I was able to see them live. My friend and I even got upgraded tickets, which I read about online but never expected to happen to us in real life. It’s amazing how good Coldplay is to their fans, it makes me love them even more.

Coldplay dazzles with glitz, glows with its music

It’s a visual world for acts on a scale with Coldplay.

Eye candy was ubiquitous when England’s biggest band kicked off a two-night set at a sold-out Wells Fargo Center last week.

The band, which performed Thursday and Friday at the South Philly arena, played before five giant video screens.

Lights and lasers more than complemented what the band delivered. “Xylobands” were given to all of the concertgoers. The wireless treats lit up in a spectrum of colors at certain points of the evening.

And while the glitz was nice, it wasn’t the reason to venture to the arena.

You see, Coldplay’s melodic and often-moving songs stole the show.

Led by vocalist-pianist Chris Martin, Coldplay mixed songs from its latest album, the terrific “Mylo Xyloto,” with tunes from its preceding four releases.

Some of the new tunes are among Martin’s finest work. “Paradise,” the hit from the latest disc, is right up there with “Viva La Vida,” Coldplay’s smash.

Martin is hardly Bob Dylan when it comes to lyrics, but he does have a way with a melody.

Coldplay’s finest tunes, such as “Yellow,” “Clocks” and “The Scientist” are filled with hooks that get stuck in your head.

The band doesn’t have much more brawn live, but fans of well-constructed pop songs can’t help but groove to Coldplay live.

The band gives its audience what it wants — terrific pop tunes — and something extra: lots of visuals that are positively superfluous.

link

Coldplay: A night in paradise

4ffdf728510cc.image.jpg

On July 4, 2010, I told some friends about my love for Coldplay.

I remember it distinctly. There was a Coldplay marathon on the radio as we drove back from Philadelphia, and I told them about my complete obsession with its music and how much I wanted to see the band in concert.

Little did I know, exactly two years and one day later, I would do just that.

Coldplay performed at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia last Thursday and Friday, and if you didn’t go, you missed out. Big time. I’ve been to quite a few concerts — acts ranging from the Backstreet Boys to Bruce Springsteen to Dave Matthews. But no concert has proved equal to the performance Coldplay gave in Philadelphia last week.

I’ll admit I’m slightly biased. I’ve dreamed of seeing Coldplay in concert for three years.

My friend and I had been keeping a countdown to the Coldplay concert since Christmas. Hearing Chris Martin serenading us live was a highly anticipated event.

But for once, reality surpassed my imagination. After a solid performance by British band Wolf Gang and a ... well ... interesting performance by Swedish singer Robyn that left me utterly confused, Coldplay took the stage, opening with “Hurts Like Heaven,” a song from its newest album, “Mylo Xyloto.”

The crowd exploded with energy as soon as the band took the stage, with the special effects adding even more excitement. The wristbands each person received upon entering the arena, which were controlled by the lighting crew, enhanced the performance by illuminating the audience at particularly high-energy moments. Confetti fell onto the audience during the second song. Giant beach balls seemed to shoot up from the floor soon after. There were times when I literally stood frozen, in awe of the amount of energy that surrounded me.

After a spectacular two hours, Coldplay ended the night with the crowd-favorite “Fix You” and a more recent hit “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.” However, “Viva La Vida” echoed through the corridors of the Wells Fargo Center as the crowd sung at the top of its lungs while leaving the show.

So I’ve crossed seeing Coldplay live off my bucket list. And if it wasn’t on your bucket list to begin with, put it at the top — right between skydiving and marrying Blake Shelton (yes, this also may be a bit biased).

Regardless of what else you want to do before you die, I promise you won’t regret experiencing Coldplay live.

It was truly a taste of (warning: if you’re not a Coldplay fan, you probably won’t understand this …) PARA-PARA-PARADISE!

link

Hi all,

I used to post a lot back in '09... I think my name was white_shadows... can't really remember, my account expired so I've signed up for a new one.

Anyway my hobby is filming concerts (NEVER for sale) and I love Coldplay!! So here are some clips from the first night of Philly. Hope you like them. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lurJwfNe-w]Coldplay - Yellow - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgq6VyqLrtE]Coldplay - Speed of Sound - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE9gkWx30mY]Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEm8rqK4dYI]Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z98HBcfiUF8]Coldplay - Charlie Brown - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRCfZedSLZY]Coldplay - Fix You - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJh-GMn40E]Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n006I5eg8_Y]Coldplay - Warning Sign - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z98HBcfiUF8]Coldplay - Charlie Brown - Philadelphia 7/5/12 - YouTube[/ame]

Hi all,

I used to post a lot back in '09... I think my name was white_shadows... can't really remember, my account expired so I've signed up for a new one.

Anyway my hobby is filming concerts (NEVER for sale) and I love Coldplay!! So here are some clips from the first night of Philly. Hope you like them. :)

Just watched them all and retweeted some...most. Thanks so much for sharing!!

I know it's the wrong thread, but I don't care.........

SIX DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Sorry this is really late, but I downloaded all the video footage from the first night Coldplay were in Philly and made them into a multi-angle concert DVD of sorts. The audio is also very good for secondhand. It originally was as a gift for a friend but I figure I'd post it here incase anyone wanted it.

I mixed the audio but never got around to mastering it so I apologize. Big thanks to Tapehead2, vwall, and aerofan for letting me mooch off their footage and audio.

It's a big file (3.5 GB,1:30:00,HD) and it's split up into four parts so you need all four parts before you can uncompress it. You'll need a program like WinRAR to do so. Enjoy.

Check out this link for the post with 3 download options.