[5-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay Setlist

phparM4v5PM.jpg

Coldplay played a highly-energetic brightly-colored sold-out show at the Wells Fargo Center in South Philadelphia on Thursday night.

The British four-piece fronted by singer, pianist and sometime guitarist Chris Martin had confetti cut in the shape of birds, butterflies and hearts raining down on fans by the second song in. For an hour and forty five minutes, the group hyper-actively bounded about an enormous stage and even performed two songs towards the end of the room on a makeshift stage set up in a section at the back of the building.

"That's the kind of band we are," Martin quipped, who was wearing a pink shirtat the time as he strummed his way into "Us Against The World." "The kind of band that breaks all the rules, that wears a pink shirt and sings a song at the back of the room."

As fans entered the building, they were handed woven "Xylobands" to wear around their wrists, which were lit up by a wireless signal at various points during the show, eliminating the need to hold up cell phones or lighters. The hashtag #Coldplayfilm included on the recyclable bands would make it seem the audience participation light show will potentially be part of an upcoming Coldplay concert movie.

Wolf Gang and Robyn opened the show. Coldplay's set list is below. A full review will be up online on Friday and in Saturday's Inquirer.

Mylo Xyloto / Hurts Like Heaven / In My Place / Major Minus / Lovers In Japan / The Scientist / Yellow / Violet Hill / God Put A Smile Upon Your Face / Princess Of China / Up In Flames / Warning Sign / Don’t Let It Break Your Heart / Viva La Vida / Charlie Brown / Paradise / Us Against The World / Speed of Sound / Clocks / Fix You / Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

link

Coldplay Performs with Robyn & Wolfgang at the Wells Fargo Center July 5th & 6th on Mylo Xyloto Tour

Coldplay performed at the Wells Fargo center on Thursday July 5th on their Mylo Xyloto tour and will play another show at the same venue on July 6th.

Wolfgang opened the show and they were followed by Swedish pop artist Robyn.

The members of Coldplay gave an energetic performance from start to finish with a double encore. They opened with their title track Mylo Xyloto. Every member of the audience was given a wristband upon arrival and they began flashing when Coldplay took the stage. Lasers, confetti, and balloons added to the high level of energy that the band brought to the stage.

The band's first encore consisted of Us Against the World and Speed of Sound. They surprised the audience by appearing on a small stage on the other side of the room and conducted a more intimate performance for those in the back. They then returned to the main stage for their second encore and played Clocks, Fix You, M.M.I.X., and ended with Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.

The concert was one of the best I've ever been to. Front man Chris Martin never seemed to get tired and continued dancing around the stage until the last song. Despite the added physical stress, his voice sounded just as good as it does on his records. The crowd members were very involved and people rarely sat down. Friday's performance should be just as good so if you have tickets enjoy the show! These guys are excellent performers, be sure to add them to your concert wish list!

link

I will post my picture from the meet and greet in a few days as its on my camera. They were as lovely and wonderful as I had always imagined even though the meet and greet was super fast.

What I learned; Guy is short and really skinny, but he is sweet! Jonny introduced himself to me and said "Hi, I'm Jonny." I said "I know who you are!" Haha. Chris is very tall and has giant hands. Will is Mr. Cool.

That's so great! Can't wait to see the picture!:awesome: