✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jenjie

Awesome in Philly

Don't know if this is the right place to post but on our way home from the July 5th concert in Philly, The band....couldn't have done it more perfectly, the sound the energy and the love, yes Philly was feeling the love. Come back soon, all I can say is I can't wait for the next tour.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will post my picture from the meet and greet in a few days as its on my camera. They were as lovely and wonderful as I had always imagined even though the meet and greet was super fast.

What I learned; Guy is short and really skinny, but he is sweet! Jonny introduced himself to me and said "Hi, I'm Jonny." I said "I know who you are!" Haha. Chris is very tall and has giant hands. Will is Mr. Cool.

I will post my picture from the meet and greet in a few days as its on my camera. They were as lovely and wonderful as I had always imagined even though the meet and greet was super fast.

What I learned; Guy is short and really skinny, but he is sweet! Jonny introduced himself to me and said "Hi, I'm Jonny." I said "I know who you are!" Haha. Chris is very tall and has giant hands. Will is Mr. Cool.

Ooh. How'd you meet them?

In a telescope lens aka Marisa, Zoe, and Amy got upgraded to third row!!!!!!! lucky them!

EEEEEEEEEEK.

I'm literally in shock right now and I've never been so exhausted in my life, so my review (and pictures!) will have to wait until tomorrow. But this was THE BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. I still can't believe we got upgraded. Everything from when the upgrade roadie started talking to us to the final bow felt like a dream. I just... I'm in shock.

I've read about the upgrades on here for years, but I never EVER thought I'd be lucky enough to get them. Like I said to Marisa and Amy, "I've never even won bingo before, let alone something like this!" haha

I have some awesome pictures and stuff to share, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow. sorry!

PS- if anyone has a video of Yellow, PLEASE SHARE, because we were on the big screen behind the stage twice during the song! Also Paradise, because Chris stopped and pointed at Marisa and I, and then laughed at us when we grabbed each other and screamed :P

EEEEEEEEEEK.

I'm literally in shock right now and I've never been so exhausted in my life, so my review (and pictures!) will have to wait until tomorrow. But this was THE BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. I still can't believe we got upgraded. Everything from when the upgrade roadie started talking to us to the final bow felt like a dream. I just... I'm in shock.

I've read about the upgrades on here for years, but I never EVER thought I'd be lucky enough to get them. Like I said to Marisa and Amy, "I've never even won bingo before, let alone something like this!" haha

I have some awesome pictures and stuff to share, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow. sorry!

PS- if anyone has a video of Yellow, PLEASE SHARE, because we were on the big screen behind the stage twice during the song! Also Paradise, because Chris stopped and pointed at Marisa and I, and then laughed at us when we grabbed each other and screamed :P

Awww. I'm so happy for you! Where were your original seats? And do you know who upgraded you? Did they just walk up to you in the aisle or concourse? Or were you in your seats? So exciting. I love hearing the upgrade stories. :)

Awww. I'm so happy for you! Where were your original seats? And do you know who upgraded you? Did they just walk up to you in the aisle or concourse? Or were you in your seats? So exciting. I love hearing the upgrade stories. :)

It was such a stroke of luck, it was insane. We were in the very back of the floor, so not bad, but it kinda sucked because we're short and we wanted to see :P

But basically we had gone up to the upper levels and just wandered around the concourse, and Amy was jokingly like "maybe if we hang around upstairs they'll upgrade us!" and we laughed about it... But then, as we were going back down the escalator to go back to our seats, we noticed someone waiting for us, and she was wearing roadie clothes. We'd all made our own t-shirts to wear to the concert, so she'd noticed those. And she walked right up to us and said "those are great shirts, did you make them?" and we IMMEDIATELY knew what was going on. But we stayed calm (relatively :P) and launched into how we made the shirts, and then she asked if we were big fans, and we started exclaiming about Coldplaying, and how we'd met on the forum years ago, and how we were finally seeing them together.

And then she asked us where our seats were, and we thought "uh-oh, they're not crappy enough to get upgraded!" but she looked at them and then said "would you guys completely freak out if I gave you third row seats?" and we SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER and she told us to keep it quiet, and I hugged her and started crying, and then she took our old tickets and told us to enjoy the show!! And then she told us that we were REALLY lucky and she was glad that she'd run into us, because she normally only goes upstairs and our original seats were downstairs.

but the funniest part was right afterwards, a group of girls who had heard us scream ran up to us and were like "what did you win?!" and we were like "oh, nothing..." and then ran off, haha :P

but I dubbed the upgrade rows the "I can't believe my goddamn luck" rows because everyone who got upgraded just sat there in shock for like the first 20 minutes they were there :lol: Marisa, Amy, and I just couldn't stop hugging each other and freaking out :D

I saw the roadie's name on her walkie talkie, but in all of the chaos I forgot it! I think it started with a C... Christine, or something. She was really nice though!

Setlist

1 Mylo Xyloto

2 Hurts Like Heaven

3 In My Place

4 Major Minus

5 Lovers In Japan

6 The Scientist

7 Yellow

8 Violet Hill

9 God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

10 Princess Of China

11 Up In Flames