✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up With The Birds: The end of not just MX but the band...?

rnel16

I was listening to UWTB the other day and started to get really emotional. The lyrics 'A spark in a sea of grey' could be talking about them as a band I think. 'Dreamed that lie til its true' could be about believing in themselves as a band (particularly Chris) and believing that they're good enough even when they don't think its true. 'Might have to go where they don't know my name, float all over the world just to see her again' I think this directly refers to Chris possibly not wanting to be recognised anymore and wanting to just be with Gwenyth and hia family. 'but I won't show or feel any pain, even though all my armour might rust in the rain' I think this suggests it will be heartbreaking to split up with the band, as that is where his strength as a person comes from. And his transition from major star to normal family man. 'A simple plot' suggests he wants a simple life now, with his family (not just Chris but maybe all the guys).

Does anyone feel like this could be the end of Coldplay? :(

• 2 weeks later...
Keep in mind, it is a concept album. So it's just wrapping up the story of Mylo & Xyloto

Was going to say that. He's in character and ending the album. The only sad part for me is knowing the album is about to close. :( Up With The Birds is a magnificent ending. :heart: