✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you have a life?

Alien Radio

OK then, just extend your Mayan year by a few days, and add all those things neatly on the planner. ;)

...wild oats, um, kinda refers to youthful exuberance. Bohemian lifestyle vs. Victorian order, that sort of thing.

Often I think this question, "Do you have a life?" is posited in such a manner that it presumes we're all missing something by delving too deep into a certain subject or becoming engrossed in this or that. But without deep people, nothing of significance can happen, for it takes very focused individuals who work well within teams to keep technological progress happening. I just see technology as a healthy obsession, that's all.

But sometimes branching off in a new direction is good, and we all get to sample the fruits of the tree we're all part of.

I just think it's all amazing. When you think of it all, it is an awesome thing, what we do, how it all works, all we can contemplate and understand, what human progress has wrought. But we can't remain stunned too long, nothing stays still on a moving train, that's for sure!

It's late, babbling I am!:laugh3:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every post carries electrons in the wires strung between. :)

>nah just live life, we all get to sample the hourderves, even if we only make one type. That's what family and the internet are for! ;)

We're all wealthy beyond anyone's imagination, by our collective imaginations and collective works. :sunny:

• 3 weeks later...
every post carries electrons in the wires strung between. :)

>nah just live life, we all get to sample the hourderves, even if we only make one type. That's what family and the internet are for! ;)

We're all wealthy beyond anyone's imagination, by our collective imaginations and collective works. :sunny:

Are you a writer?

You should really be a writer. :nod:

MORE EXTENSIVE ANSWER

I think sometimes I feel like I am doing something with my life and other days I´m just doing the same thing over again, or are the little things that I do in each of those day make a big change? And what does having a life even mean? Not being in the computer all the time? Spending time with your friends and family or having a love life? What if thats not what you want from life? What if for you, having the best life is being alone and not hanging out with friends that often and doing things in the computer? And if I accomplish what I want from life, does that mean I have a life? I hear terms like "get a life" when people bully someone or are too into someone elses life, so does having a life mean living my own life without caring or being in someone elses life? What if living life is doing what you´d love to do but you cant do it now, due to not having money or not being old enough or not having the freedom to do it? And once you have everything you have, you wouldn´t want more? If I dont accomplish EVERYTHING I ever wanted does that mean I dont have a life? HAVE I REPEATED QUESTIONS?

:thinking:

MORE EXTENSIVE ANSWER

I think sometimes I feel like I am doing something with my life and other days I´m just doing the same thing over again, or are the little things that I do in each of those day make a big change? And what does having a life even mean? Not being in the computer all the time? Spending time with your friends and family or having a love life? What if thats not what you want from life? What if for you, having the best life is being alone and not hanging out with friends that often and doing things in the computer? And if I accomplish what I want from life, does that mean I have a life? I hear terms like "get a life" when people bully someone or are too into someone elses life, so does having a life mean living my own life without caring or being in someone elses life? What if living life is doing what you´d love to do but you cant do it now, due to not having money or not being old enough or not having the freedom to do it? And once you have everything you have, you wouldn´t want more? If I dont accomplish EVERYTHING I ever wanted does that mean I dont have a life? HAVE I REPEATED QUESTIONS?

:thinking:

Yeah, some really good points here. :clap:

I agree, everyone can define "having a life" different, just as everyone is different. For someone, the best of life can be being alone, trapped inside mind... But for someone else, the best of life can be alchohol, drugs, etc...

Biologically, everyone who's alive has a life.

But socially, people who are shy usually get discriminated and told that they "don't have a life" by those who have a lot of friends, love to hang out, be cool, etc.

I also think that this modern time has gone in a completely wrong direction... Technology is taking over the world and most-likely everyone is turning into a robot.

No. I often wake up in the morning and ask myself; should I kill myself or make a cup of tea. Suffice it to say so far I do love my morning tea. Well I read and write a lot, spend many hours a week helping at a local school and work part time. I don't have a social life since my friends went back home after their vacations. I play a friend in chess through email, skype with random people across the country I'm friends with because this place is a ghost town for me. When I get to Jacksonville I hope to have a social life.