✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Me too. :bigcry:

Oh, well it's odd because I usually love Dickens. :heart: But this one isn't as good. :P

You should read A Christmas Carol. :wacko:

My mom actually bought me several Dickens books more than four years ago. :blank: I promised her I would read all of them. It's just a matter of when. :tongue:

Hmm, perhaps I'll save Great Expectations for last or something. :lol: And thanks for the recommendation; looks like A Christmas Carol will be my first Dickens novel. :D I guess I never started one because I was freaked out by the thickness of most of his books.

:laugh3: So over here it's just plain old teen drama. :laugh3:

But none-the-less Dickens :heart:. Infinitely better than other 'classics' such as Bronte. Blergh.

Haha! :lol:

I had no clue what victuals were until I read this book. :|

We're only about halfway through the last book of Great Expectations. I want to strangle Pip. :|

eeew, Bronte. :sick:

Other than this book and The Odyssey, the freshman in-school reading list is sooooo easy. As in "I read it in 6th grade" easy. :|

It's like Lord of the Flies and Animal Farm. :facepalm: And then over the summer is 1984, I believe. (Love that book and all the relationships between it and Muse! :wacky:)

My mom actually bought me several Dickens books more than four years ago. :blank: I promised her I would read all of them. It's just a matter of when. :tongue:

Hmm, perhaps I'll save Great Expectations for last or something. :lol: And thanks for the recommendation; looks like A Christmas Carol will be my first Dickens novel. :D I guess I never started one because I was freaked out by the thickness of most of his books.

:lol:

Or get it over with earlier on. :P What are the other two? Oliver Twist and. . .? :wacko:

Overcome the fear! :evil: :lol: :P

A Christmas Carol is seriously an amazing book, and it's not too long either. :nice:

:lol:

Or get it over with earlier on. :P What are the other two? Oliver Twist and. . .? :wacko:

Overcome the fear! :evil: :lol: :P

A Christmas Carol is seriously an amazing book, and it's not too long either. :nice:

She bought Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities, and Great Expectations. I think she also bought Our Mutual Friend and Hard Times.

Oh, yes. I shall overpower my fear of Dickens and READ. :cool: :lol: When spring or summer break arrives.

A Christmas Carol will be a good start for me then. I'll consider it as a warm-up. :D

EDIT: And congrats on making a 1000 posts in this thread!

another edit: Scratch that. More than a 1000. Go for 2000, yes? :awesome:

She bought Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities, and Great Expectations. I think she also bought Our Mutual Friend and Hard Times.

Oh, yes. I shall overpower my fear of Dickens and READ. :cool: :lol: When spring or summer break arrives.

A Christmas Carol will be a good start for me then. I'll consider it as a warm-up. :D

EDIT: And congrats on making a 1000 posts in this thread!

Oh, from what I've heard those are all pretty good! :nice:

Haha well reading is good no matter when! :awesome:

It is like a warmup. :lol: A Midsummer Night's Dream was my Shakespeare warm up. :curtain:

Thanks! :wacky:

Oh, from what I've heard those are all pretty good! :nice:

Haha well reading is good no matter when! :awesome:

It is like a warmup. :lol: A Midsummer Night's Dream was my Shakespeare warm up. :curtain:

Thanks! :wacky:

Ah, that's good to know! I think out of the first three I mentioned (I don't know of those last two), I find the plot for Two Cities the most interesting, but they'll all be fun/interesting to read. Although, I'm not too sure of Great Expectations. :lol:

Ooh, I read Midsummer Night's Dream this past summer! It was quite delightful, and had me chuckling in a few places.

Ah, that's good to know! I think out of the first three I mentioned (I don't know of those last two), I find the plot for Two Cities the most interesting, but they'll all be fun/interesting to read. Although, I'm not too sure of Great Expectations. :lol:

Ooh, I read Midsummer Night's Dream this past summer! It was quite delightful, and had me chuckling in a few places.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I've only read GE and Christmas Carol so far though. :lol:

I love it, it's so funny. :lol:

We read it in school last year, so we watched a few movie adaptations and in one of them they were all riding bikes all over. :facepalm:

I love it, it's so funny. :lol:

We read it in school last year, so we watched a few movie adaptations and in one of them they were all riding bikes all over. :facepalm:

Eh? That sounds a little strange. :lol: There are some interesting (or downright weird) interpretations of Shakespeare out there.

Hi everyone! :D

I noticed you're talking about books! :cheesy: The last book I read was Atonement by Ian McEwan, this summer :D

And I was supposed to read a very boring with almost 800 pages, this holidays, but I didn't and no one in the class read it...:awesome: it's a book that students here in Portugal read since my grandparents were students :| It's the most boring and horrible thing ever, I read 5 chapters and I have friends that can't read more that 1...It's horrible!!! :bigcry::bigcry:

And I noticed you were talking about Charles Dickens, I started reading "Oliver Twist", it's a very very sad book :(

:surprised: You guys are talking about Shakespeare?

I love Shakespeare. I'm such a fangirl over them. I've got 2 copies of the complete works (one I've annotated and one that's just blank). And I go to the RSC a hellaz lot. :D Love ittt.

I wish there was more Shakespeare in the English curriculum. Like srsly. ;__;

RSC? :lol: What's that? :wacko:

I noticed you're talking about books! :cheesy: The last book I read was Atonement by Ian McEwan, this summer :D

And I was supposed to read a very boring with almost 800 pages, this holidays, but I didn't and no one in the class read it...:awesome: it's a book that students here in Portugal read since my grandparents were students :| It's the most boring and horrible thing ever, I read 5 chapters and I have friends that can't read more that 1...It's horrible!!! :bigcry::bigcry:

And I noticed you were talking about Charles Dickens, I started reading "Oliver Twist", it's a very very sad book :(

Atonement? I think I've heard of that. :wacko: What's it about?

Eeeew, that sounds really boring. :lol: What's it called? That's funny that nobody in your class read it. :lol:

It seems like it would be very sad. :\

Ooh, I read Atonement too! The end was really sad. I kind of wanted to throw the book across the room. :bigcry:

What book is that? :lol:

It takes place pretty much right before World War II. Two lovers, Cecilia and Robbie, get separated because Cecilia's little sister accuses Robbie of a crime. Because of the accusation, he ends up getting sent off to war, when in fact, he's actually innocent.

You might have heard of the movie, which is based on the book. Keira Knightley and James McAvoy is in it.

^i loved atonement too

and i loved the ending:wacky:

although i watched the movie before i bought the book

and i love James McAvoy in it:wacky:

he is one sexy guy:wideeyed:

James McAvoy. :wacky:

I read the book before seeing the film. I think I would have actually cried if I didn't know what was going to happen when watching the movie. :(

I wish there was more Shakespeare in the English curriculum. Like srsly. ;__;

RSC? :lol: What's that? :wacko:

INORITE?! I studied it for four years and only did Macbeth, Othello, Hamlet and Much Ado About Nothing. There are so many more. I wish there could have just been like, a Shakespeare A-Level or something.

RSC is only like the best thing to hit the theatre ever. It's the Royal Shakespeare Company-- a selection of the finest theatre newcomers and experts to create a company that stick together and perform the classics (as well as sometimes dabbling in more contemporary stuff). They have three theatres in Stratford-upon-Avon and go on tour to London every couple of winters.

I've seen A Midsummer's Night Dream, Hamlet (David Tennant version), Taming of the Shrew, As You Like It and Love's Labour's Lost with them over the past 3 years... As well as seeing their contemporary The Drunks (a Russian play) and their theatre adaption of Morte D'Arthur.

I've seen A Midsummer's Night Dream, Hamlet (David Tennant version), Taming of the Shrew, As You Like It and Love's Labour's Lost with them over the past 3 years... As well as seeing their contemporary The Drunks (a Russian play) and their theatre adaption of Morte D'Arthur.

:curtain: *Randomly enters conversation*

^ Ooh, I saw the David Tennant's version of Hamlet. It was fantastic. :heart:

You both saw David Tennant live? :freak: I'm a bit of a Tennant fangirl.

It looks like an amazing production.

:curtain: *Randomly enters conversation*

^ Ooh, I saw the David Tennant's version of Hamlet. It was fantastic. :heart:

Wasn't it just? I saw him two days before the back injury and went back during the injury... Ed Bennett wasn't bad either-- completely different in style, but also such a good performer.

I'm a bit of a Tennant fangirl.[/size]

It was definitely one to see. I'm looking forward to him returning to the stage to be honest, he was such a natural. I am a Tennant fangirl too. I couldn't stop squeeing all the way up there and all the way back. My friends' Mum was so annoyed by the end of it :laugh3:

Eeeew, that sounds really boring. :lol: What's it called? That's funny that nobody in your class read it. :lol:

It seems like it would be very sad. :\

It's about lots of stuff :lol: A man wrongly accused of rapping a girl is sent to war (the story is during the II World War) and he's very far from his lover :bigcry: And the end it's sad!! I usually don't like this romantic books but this one is very good :D well, except for the ending :P

It's a Portuguese book called "Os Maias"... IT'S SO BORING!! :| Yeah no one read it :lol: In the first day of school I asked my "Anyone read the book?" and everyone "Nope!" and then we started laughing :wacky:

Ooh, I read Atonement too! The end was really sad. I kind of wanted to throw the book across the room. :bigcry:

Me too!! I was SO angry and sad! :(

^i loved atonement too

and i loved the ending:wacky:

although i watched the movie before i bought the book

and i love James McAvoy in it:wacky:

he is one sexy guy:wideeyed:

I saw the movie first too and yes James McAvoy is a very handsome man :wink3: The cover of my book has him and Keira Knightley :awesome:

i cried for days after i watched that movie:bigcry:

but the ending in the book is so well written:wacky:

I cried a lot! :(

It was definitely one to see. I'm looking forward to him returning to the stage to be honest, he was such a natural. I am a Tennant fangirl too. I couldn't stop squeeing all the way up there and all the way back. My friends' Mum was so annoyed by the end of it :laugh3:

:lol: I'd be squeeing too. :wacky: He seems like a fantastic theatre actor.

I'm a bit of a Tennant fangirl.[/size]

Unfortunately I didn't. :bigcry: They showed it on TV boxing day in 2009.

Wasn't it just? I saw him two days before the back injury and went back during the injury... Ed Bennett wasn't bad either-- completely different in style, but also such a good performer.

Indeed! :heart: I'm jealous of how lucky you are to have seen it in theatre!

I heard alot of people returned their tickets when he injured his back. Which is a shame because apparently Ed Bennett was great.

:lol: I'd be squeeing too. :wacky: He seems like a fantastic theatre actor.

He is. I guess when you see him in DW, you get a sort of watered down version, if you know what I mean? He steals your breath away in the containment of the theatre.

Indeed! :heart: I'm jealous of how lucky you are to have seen it in theatre!

I heard alot of people returned their tickets when he injured his back. Which is a shame because apparently Ed Bennett was great.

I'm glad I didn't return mine. Ed was lovely in it. He was also really good in A Midsummer's Night Dream and when I bumped in to him on the street after as well. It's weird to think he's now unemployed.