✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown Video Moved

filiprasmusson

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you turn on the radio in the UK these days all you hear is Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry etc. :veryangry2:

I thought it only happened in Spain... Here only plays Lady GaGa, Pitbull, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, Pitbull, Michel Teló, Lady GaGa :furious3:

Although this morning I was pleasantly surprised to hear Spitting Games by Snow Patrol on the radio :) Unfortunately the only Coldplay songs I have heard on the radio in the past 6 months at least, have been Paradise, Viva La Vida and ETIAW :\

^ Stuff I'm getting sick of :(

Stuff I was sick of the first time I heard it

I thought it only happened in Spain... Here only plays Lady GaGa, Pitbull, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa, Pitbull, Michel Teló, Lady GaGa :furious3:

Pitbull is terrible

Stuff I was sick of the first time I heard it

Pitbull is terrible

x9999999999999999999999999 agree with you; you can't imagine how many times he is played on the radio... On the floor, Rain over me, Give me everything, I like how it feels, DJ got us fallin' in love, I like it... and everyone at least once a day :saw::hangover::nod:

Radio is rigged. I literally mean that. There are no DJs, everything's sindicated, so they don't get to choose what they play, companies that own, or pay off the station, play artists they have invested in from the start and push there songs instead of more deserving artists. My local rock radio station recentlly became a right wing talk show.....that's fine if your into that sort of thing, but now we don't have a rock station.

I hear that's happening all over the country and it's sad to hear its spreading to the UK and abroad, as I had put a lot of hope in the UK for holding firm, but I guess money is power.

I have heard ETIAW twice I think, and I was on vacation when I did, and I heard Paradise on the bus once. That's it.

Stay strong rockers, cause our generations gonna have to bring it back!

Sorry for the rant!:P

If you turn on the radio in the UK these days all you hear is Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry etc. :veryangry2:

Very true. Radio companies are like Dogs with bones. The songs are awful to begin with but the radios just play them to death as if we actually wanna be listening to it!!!

PS: dont forget Adele!

Very true. Radio companies are like Dogs with bones. The songs are awful to begin with but the radios just play them to death as if we actually wanna be listening to it!!!

PS: dont forget Adele!

I don't mind Adele, at least she can sing. But hearing Someone Like You repeated non-stop on the radio endlessly just makes me want to kill myself.

Y U so off topic? :sick:

I've said what I think of Adele. She's good, but she's the epitome of overrated.

Her singles are being played way too much and the critics seem to agree with the public.

For example, The Rolling Stone named 21 and Rolling In The Deep best album and best single of 2011.

She's like a combination of Amy Winehouse and Alanis Morissette, with the break up songs...

And millions of dumped fat American girls seem to adore her. (I apologize, it's a joke. :disappointed:)

As for the others, they're all tolerable, except Pitbull. bljuc.gif

Y U so off topic? :sick:

I've said what I think of Adele. She's good, but she's the epitome of overrated.

Her single's are being played way too much and the critics seem to agree with the public.

For example, The Rolling Stone named 21 and Rolling In The Deep best album and best single of 2011.

She's like a combination of Amy Winehouse and Alanis Morissette, with the break up songs...

And millions of dumped fat American girls seem to adore her. (I apologize, it's a joke. :disappointed:)

I totally agree. There's no reason why she should be so popular. She can't just go on writing break-up songs for ever, but if that's all she's good at then the general public will soon get bored of her (I sure as hell have).

Anyway, is the Charlie Brown video out yet? :lol:

But 21 is still #1, and there are no signs of it declining.

Set Fire To The Rain is climbing up the charts and getting airplay, and after that Turning Tables is probably next.

21 may become the best selling female album of all time. :thinking:

I listen to her music. But Rolling In The Deep and Someone Like You are not the only Adele songs in the Universe.

If they hadn't put only those two songs in heavy rotation I wouldn't get annoyed by her as much.

They could play Lovesong and Rumor Has It alongside the 4 songs I've mentioned before.

The entire album is basically the same song over and over again...

Oh well, at least we have some sort of a time frame.

They're doing it all wrong.

First mistake was not releasing the Paradise single with the video and not making a major appearance to promote it on time.

Next, they did the X Factor and promoted Paradise instead of Charlie Brown. They should have released the video and the CB single then.

And now, instead of releasing Princess Of China after the BRITS (assuming they perform it with Rihanna), they'll release the CB video... :(

Oh well, at least we have some sort of a time frame.

They're doing it all wrong.

First mistake was not releasing the Paradise single with the video and not making a major appearance to promote it on time.

Next, they did the X Factor and promoted Paradise instead of Charlie Brown. They should have released the video and the CB single then.

And now, instead of releasing Princess Of China after the BRITS (assuming they perform it with Rihanna), they'll release the CB video... :(

Well, they didn't release the Paradise single and video together because they scrapped the initial video for the elephant one. That video turned out to be much better for the band, and it really helped to promote the song as well.

As for the X-factor, it was good that they prompted Paradise instead of CB, as this was probably the main driving force behind Paradise becoming number 1 in the UK. It 's not a coincidence that after the X-factor show (Dec.11), Paradise started to rise in the charts and become number 1 in the New Year.

As for PoC/Brits, that is held on February 21st. Assuming that they do release the CB video during the first week in February(according to jason Regler), then playing PoC wouldn't make much sense, but if they were to play CB...then really it's perfect for its promotion. However, if they do play PoC, then I would agree with you. Maybe they will play both.

Also, they may have wanted to release CB earlier, but since Paradise was doing well (was kind of a slow-burner), they may have pushed back the release until February.

I will say though that they should do another round of promos in the States. If they could possibly perform at the Grammy's (not sure how likely that would be), then it would be great for the band.

Regardless, I hope there is some sort of official announcement regarding the release of CB from CP coming soon.

Paradise has dropped to number 7 in the UK now. It'll almost certainly be out of the Top 10 by february, so that would be a good time to release CB. Maybe on the 4th of february :wink2:

And it would make a lot of sense for them to play both Charlie Brown and Princess of China at the BRITS.