✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Awesome Cover Competition :D

SupermassiveCPnerd

This is something that I've been wanting to see be done for quite some time now...I just never had the guts to post a thread giving it a shot. Finally, I've decided to post my idea. :shy: I think that it would be SO cool to have a competition of sorts in which people cover their favourite songs. It doesn't always have to be CP songs. It can be anything you want. And you can be ANY age, from ANYWHERE, of course!!!! : ) You don't have to be superstar material. Just choose a favourite song and put all your heart and soul into it. There should be a deadline, and also some way in which people can vote on the covers. You could go all out and make a music video, or just record an MP3 and remain anonymous. TOTALLY up to each person!! :D I think that this would be such an amazing thing! If anyone is interested in the competition, please post a comment! I'd love to start arranging things and actually see this happen!!!! I hope there are others out there who think this would be as abso-bloody-lutely AWESOME as I do!!!! Anyone in? :sunny:

:lol: This sounds cool.

But it would be really hard to pick something :laugh3:

Plus, I find that whenever I sing a song I tend to imitate the artists voice (so if I sing Coldplay I have an english accent, blink-182 I have Tom's strange dialect, etc.) So it would be a bit strange and it really wouldn't be me SINGING it, it would just be an ersatz representation. :lol:

To Coldplayhebe12, I understand what you mean about tending to imitate an artist's voice. I do the same. :P Like, in Cemeteries of London, instead of being like a normal American and singing it pronounced like "Cem-a-tar-ree" I instead pronounce it like "sim-e-tree" because it's how Chris Martin (well, Brits in general) pronounce it. But still, you could try your hand!! But whether people decide to or not, thanks everyone so far for saying that this is a "cool idea" because it truly means a lot!! :D I've been wanting to post this thread forever now just to see people's reactions!! :)

Oh, and I forgot to add, yeah, I know what you mean about how it'd be really hard to pick something, too!! I sat down and began jotting down some of my very favourite songs, and I ended up with over 70 written down before I knew it!! I was like, "Ho-ly CRAP!!" But then I started thinking how people could also do multiple songs, if they cannot choose just one, or if they just would like to. :)

How does August 4th sound for the deadline? :happy: I understand that people doing school (or the super jugglers of school AND work) would have very little time to actually put all they've got into a cover, so I thought somewhere around the middle of summer might be a good deadline (then you can work on it in your freetime before summer break, as well as throughout summer break) :D. That would make the deadline around 7 months from now...which seems like a long time, but only a small fraction of those months being during actual summer break, I thought it might work out alright. :rolleyes: Would this be a good deadline? Too far away? Too soon? Please feel free to post a comment giving your opinion!! :happy2: If I could just get 10 people to take part in this competition, then I'll take this (so far quite scattered :P) project and start arranging things and getting all the details just right. I'd REALLY love to see this happen, and all I'll need is just 10 people to take part in this competition for it TO actually happen!!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy: So please consider it!!!! :dance: I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some Coldplayers putting their hearts and souls into covering some of their fav songs!!!!!!! :nice: (Oh, and be sure to listen to CP and watch CP concerts for inspiration throughout this whole thing!! :wink2: :heart: I know I sure will be!!!!!:wacky:

I would have so much more faith in this working out if you didn't just use 11 different emoticons, keep changing your font color, or somehow felt the need to encourage me to watch coldplay concerts for inspiration.

Advice: No one will care about this thread in 7 months, if people are interested (and I sorta coulda would be if it felt less gay) make it just over a month at the most.

Also, make some parameters, like a specific song or album, or a different artist.

I would have so much more faith in this working out if you didn't just use 11 different emoticons, keep changing your font color, or somehow felt the need to encourage me to watch coldplay concerts for inspiration.

Advice: No one will care about this thread in 7 months, if people are interested (and I sorta coulda would be if it felt less gay) make it just over a month at the most.

Also, make some parameters, like a specific song or album, or a different artist.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I just thought since some people have to work and go to school, a longer time-span might be good. And first of all, I was joking when I said to watch CP concerts for inspiration. However, I was serious when I said I will be, because I love Coldplay (or I wouldn't be on COLDPLAYING!!) and truly am inspired by them when I watch them perform. Plus, people could really perfect the songs they are working on. And what about this makes you feel gay?