✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Aus Promoter: Coldplay Will Tour Australia In 2012

busybeeburns

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, let's make this happen! I've been spreading this around on facebook and on forums, spread it yourself as well!

Adelaide/Perth fans, I've made a petition! It worked last time in 2005, initially they weren't coming, then through a petition dates were announced! Let's do it again this year, band together people! Here it is: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-coldplay-to-perthadelaide-this-2012/

Please everyone sign, the more the better for us Aussie fans! :)

Don't worry my friend, I already signed this petition a few days ago! hahah. Sad part was in the 'comments' section i had a 'little' rant consisting of around 200 words! I know no ones going to read it but I had to channel my frustration some how and now its somewhere deep down in the internet world :P

I'm sure it's more to do with mundane logistical things, as opposed to not "wanting" to play more places. They have a history of playing more places than a lot of international acts, and they are playing fewer dates everywhere this tour. To be honest, I think it's probably more to do with the band (understandibly), not wanting to be on such a punishing schedule as the last two tours, now that they have families and stuff. They've all more or less said as much.

Oh i agree, I'll be honest I'm probably being unfair towards the band expressing how disappointed I am for sure. But I'm just trying to get the point across from my perspective that last Viva tour they sold out 2 or 3 (pretty sure 3) shows here so you'd think that would cover any suspicions that a MX tour would be a flop here. And their families would definitely have an affect on the whole touring schedule but again it didn't stop them from coming here last time. Then finally in terms of logistics, so far this Australasian tour is the only tour planned for November and it's 'only' 4 shows, you'd think they'd be able to get there gear here at some point surely, and not that I'm a massive fan of U2, but you can't ignore their efforts to do WHOLE Australian tour with their ridiculous 360 claw setup!

And our biggest stadium will be free at that time, its only tenant is for Australian football which ends in September.

Don't worry my friend, I already signed this petition a few days ago! hahah. Sad part was in the 'comments' section i had a 'little' rant consisting of around 200 words! I know no ones going to read it but I had to channel my frustration some how and now its somewhere deep down in the internet world :P

Oh I understand completely, you have to vent somehow :P But I'm glad you signed it, please spread it around mate! On facebook, on forums, tell your friends and family to sign it, anything! :)

Yeah the thing is, they've only got 4 shows in the entirety of November....surely adding a couple more wouldn't be hard? I mean if they're in Australia, they may as well do the other supporting cities as well! I'm going to stay positive and keep spreading this petition around, I have NEVER seen Coldplay live and I am so desperate to see them!

Oh i agree, I'll be honest I'm probably being unfair towards the band expressing how disappointed I am for sure. But I'm just trying to get the point across from my perspective that last Viva tour they sold out 2 or 3 (pretty sure 3) shows here so you'd think that would cover any suspicions that a MX tour would be a flop here. And their families would definitely have an affect on the whole touring schedule but again it didn't stop them from coming here last time. Then finally in terms of logistics, so far this Australasian tour is the only tour planned for November and it's 'only' 4 shows, you'd think they'd be able to get there gear here at some point surely, and not that I'm a massive fan of U2, but you can't ignore their efforts to do WHOLE Australian tour with their ridiculous 360 claw setup!

And our biggest stadium will be free at that time, its only tenant is for Australian football which ends in September.

True, but getting the gear to WA is probably a big concern, and to make it viable they probably need all the possible WA tour stops to be feasible for the dates they need. One unfeasable stop is enough to scotch the whole leg, which is most probably what happened here, in some form or another. There's a lot of behind the scenes technical concerns that dictate where a tour like this goes. Just because a reason isn't readily visible to us on the outside, doesn't mean there isn't a perfectly good one, and like I said, it's probably something so mundane, it would disappoint you if you found out what it was.

True, but getting the gear to WA is probably a big concern, and to make it viable they probably need all the possible WA tour stops to be feasible for the dates they need. One unfeasable stop is enough to scotch the whole leg, which is most probably what happened here, in some form or another. There's a lot of behind the scenes technical concerns that dictate where a tour like this goes. Just because a reason isn't readily visible to us on the outside, doesn't mean there isn't a perfectly good one, and like I said, it's probably something so mundane, it would disappoint you if you found out what it was.

It's taken its time but i've started to cool down now and not that I didn't see your side of the story before but I've come to terms with it more now and have kind of accepted that fact that it's not exactly practical to come over here I guess. However that's not stopped me as I'm now going to purchase tickets for the Sydney show if all goes according to plan. Committed 18 year-old I am!

It's taken its time but i've started to cool down now and not that I didn't see your side of the story before but I've come to terms with it more now and have kind of accepted that fact that it's not exactly practical to come over here I guess. However that's not stopped me as I'm now going to purchase tickets for the Sydney show if all goes according to plan. Committed 18 year-old I am!

I know it sucks.:( I grew up in an area that was too rural to ever get any type of touring show (let alone big acts.) and too far away to make travel easily feasible.

BIG NEWS : Australian Tour

I got told from my cousins that Coldplay are booked in for two nights at Etihad Stadium and that they will not be playing two nights in a row but will come back around later in november!!!! MASSIVE, im not sure if this has been said but i just wanted to let everyone know as i am so excited about them coming, also i got tickets in the mosh for the Melbourne concert :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BIG NEWS : Australian Tour

hahha i posted this in another thread.. but my cousin told me that coldplay are booked in twice for Etihad Stadium which would mean all the others as well, but they will not be playing two nights in a row! they will be coming around the australia again later in november! hahah i also got my tickets and i cannot wait :D hope this is new news

But that makes NO sense.... have you any idea how much work goes into putting the show on? Why would they put it up, have a show, take it down, have a show somewhere else, come back, put it all back up, have another show and take it all down again? :confused:

But that makes NO sense.... have you any idea how much work goes into putting the show on? Why would they put it up, have a show, take it down, have a show somewhere else, come back, put it all back up, have another show and take it all down again? :confused:

honestly i have no clue, my cousin who works with the lighting told me and im just passing on the message!

I got told from my cousins that Coldplay are booked in for two nights at Etihad Stadium and that they will not be playing two nights in a row but will come back around later in november!!!! MASSIVE, im not sure if this has been said but i just wanted to let everyone know as i am so excited about them coming, also i got tickets in the mosh for the Melbourne concert :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, that is beyond wonderful news! :lol: But it doesn't really make sense why they would come around again in November rather than just do it two nights in a row... :/

Anyway, I have my tickets too! Field A Standing! I'm gonna be barrier, if it's the last thing I do! :D

Oh, that is beyond wonderful news! :lol: But it doesn't really make sense why they would come around again in November rather than just do it two nights in a row... :/

Anyway, I have my tickets too! Field A Standing! I'm gonna be barrier, if it's the last thing I do! :D

are there seats :S i hope not! what do you mean by barrier?

Looking at their itinerary, it would seem room has been purposefully left to accommodate any extra shows. It would make no sense for them to backtrack and do it all over again. I'm totally up for paying for any additional concerts, but I'd really rather not fork out for another round of plane tickets... :\

As far as I'm aware, there will be no seats in the GA areas -- even if the tickets have an assigned row and seat number on them. "Barrier" in this case means literally against the front barrier right before the stage.