✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Aus Promoter: Coldplay Will Tour Australia In 2012

busybeeburns

musicfeedsaus.jpg

In breaking news it has been revealed that Coldplay will be touring Australia later this year on the back of their latest album Mylo Xyloto.

Promoter Michael Gudinski let news of the upcoming tour slip when speaking with Triple M Melbourne’s Eddie McGuire. Eddie revealed the information on his Hot Breakfast show this morning:

I was sitting next to (promoter) Michael Gudinski last night and he said Coldplay are coming out later this year.

Coldplay were last in Australia for the Splendour In The Grass Festival in July 2011, the band flew over for a one-off show. Alongside Coldplay the festival featured the likes of Pulp, Kanye West, Jane’s Addiction and The Hives, however it failed to sell out.

Coldplay dates to be announced soon…

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/coldplay-will-tour-australia-in-2012/

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coldplay-rock-news.jpg

TRIPLE M EXCLUSIVE: Coldplay Will Tour Australia In 2012

We want you to drop everything for a second because we can reveal that Coldplay will tour Australia later this year.

In an exclusive "eddie-leak", Triple M Melbourne's Eddie McGuire had insider knowledge that Coldplay are coming out later this year.

"I was sitting next to (promoter) Michael Gudinski last night and he said Coldplay are coming out later this year," he revealed on his Hot Breakfast show this morning.

Well, there you go! The British rock icons were just in Australia last year where they played a brilliant one-off show headlining the Splendour In The Grass festival.

"Coldplay were simply unbelievable," said Johnno. "The band hit the stage and ripped through hit after hit!".

Coldplay's fifth studio album, Mylo Xyloto (pronounced my-lo zy-letoe), is available now.

How pumped are you to see Coldplay?

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/blog/exclusive-coldplay-will-tour-australia-in-2012/20120130-fh8d.html

OMG! OMG! i can't believe it.....i was thinking that i'd have to wait till 2013. i feel like crying :P Can't wait!!!! aha, i've got goosebumps. i'm so so so happy :) hopefully they come in October.

I was just searching for news about it and i found this news article that says that Guy Berryman said while he was here for Splendor in the grass this year, "It's not really the sort of place you'd come to for a day, but we'll be back at some point in 2012 to do a proper tour".

News Article: http://www.thedirt.com.au/blog/coldplay-to-tour-australia-2012/20110801-e3kj.html

Hopefully they will come to NZ as well, even just for one night in Auckland inlate Nov/early Dec.... My god I am timing my holidays well this year :D Fingers crossed....

Can you imagine seeing them in front of Sydney Opera House??

Best things to come home to after being overseas; Get home and finally see my MX album package waiting to be opened in my room, get onto the computer and check Coldplaying and see Coldplay touring Australia :D :D :D. Not going to believe until its confirmed but, I also thought they'd only tour in 2013 but if anything i'd also say late november/early december :)

Sh*ttin' Myself!

Wow! How awesome....although won't fully celebrate until an official announcement is made.

I do think this means they'll tour though....if Eddie dropped Michael Gudinski's name and said that's what was discussed....it's pretty likely! Whoo hoo!

Multiple Melbourne dates please!!!!!:shocked2:

Coldplay expected to announce Australian tour in late 2012 during trip to Sydney this month

592172-coldplay-european-tour-mylo-xyloto.jpg

To tour Australia ... Coldplay's Chris Martin is playing two shows in Sydney later this month before national tour later in year.

ROCKERS Coldplay are expected to announce an Australian tour for late 2012 during a quick visit to Sydney this month.

The supergroup, whose single Paradise is the biggest hit of their 15-year career, will head to Sydney directly after performing at the Grammys on February 12.

Chris Martin and mates will play intimate shows for 2DAY FM and Sunrise during their two-day visit on February 16 and 17, which is being sponsored by Huawei Mobile.

Bands once regarded corporate sponsorship as "selling out" but Sydney would have lost Lady Gaga's Monster Hall concert and The Pussycat Dolls' Sydney Opera House gala if Vodafone and X-Box respectively hadn't picked up the tab.

Coldplay played at Splendour In The Grass six months ago on the eve of finishing their record Mylo Xyloto, which went double platinum yesterday.

Martin will be hoping the tour gives Paradise the push it needs to make it to the top of the charts, which would give Coldplay their first No.1 single in Australia.

He has joked he is jealous his wife Gwyneth Paltrow beat him to that feat - with her Huey Lewis duet Cruisin' reaching No.1 here in 2000.

link

Martin will be hoping the tour gives Paradise the push it needs to make it to the top of the charts, which would give Coldplay their first No.1 single in Australia.

He has joked he is jealous his wife Gwyneth Paltrow beat him to that feat - with her Huey Lewis duet Cruisin' reaching No.1 here in 2000.

I thought Viva went No. 1? :wtf:

As long as the ticket prices don't rise, I'm happy. It was hard enough forking out $140 for a GA ticket in 2009 when it was already said that we wouldn't have higher ticket prices than in X&Y era

$140?! Any idea how much that is in pounds? I need to know if I'm gonna have any chance of seeing them this year.