✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Aus Promoter: Coldplay Will Tour Australia In 2012

busybeeburns

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's usually about £50 ish for GA and of course the dreaded "booking fee". I would imagine that the $140 would be for a specifically reserved area at the front so would therefore be more.

But the cost varies with venue and seating arrangements, etc. Just try to get them from the official channels before they sell out otherwise you are talking mega $$$$$$$$ (as I found out booking for Madrid). Unless you know a generous coldplayer on here......

I am watching for news of dates of this in particular!! :)

It's usually about £50 ish for GA and of course the dreaded "booking fee". I would imagine that the $140 would be for a specifically reserved area at the front so would therefore be more.

No, that was for a ticket to GA as a whole. No special area. It was $140.

Wow. According to that article you posted, Tash, Coldplay will be moving on from the arenas and starting to hit up the stadiums -- in Melbourne, anyway.

If this happens I get stuck between a rock and a hard place. The rock being forking out HEAPS for tickets to Etihad, and the hard place being going to Sydney for an arena show.

I realise I probably sound really whiny bitching about the money but it's problematic when you really want to go to sth and realise you aren't made of moneys :P

Yeah, as much as I am proud to finally be able to say that Coldplay are now playing stadiums in Australia, I've kind of loved the intimacy of the arenas. So my problem really isn't with the money, then, but with the scale of the venue. I think it would be something great to experience, but on the whole? I know I'll miss things being a little smaller.

All that said, though -- I'm going one up and moving on from seeing all shows in one state to seeing all shows in Australia. A jump in ticket prices is not going to stop me from travelling the country to see them. Excessive? Probably, yeah. Absolutely worth it? Fuck, yes.

I cannot wait.

If this happens I get stuck between a rock and a hard place. The rock being forking out HEAPS for tickets to Etihad, and the hard place being going to Sydney for an arena show.

I realise I probably sound really whiny bitching about the money but it's problematic when you really want to go to sth and realise you aren't made of moneys :P

I paid $167 US for a ticket to the Hollywood Bowl, $275 for a VIP ticket to another night at Hollywood Bowl, and $300 for a GA Pit ticket to the iHeart Radio benefit. I knew they were coming so I saved for months...at last I don't have to pay to travel.

I paid $167 US for a ticket to the Hollywood Bowl, $275 for a VIP ticket to another night at Hollywood Bowl, and $300 for a GA Pit ticket to the iHeart Radio benefit. I knew they were coming so I saved for months...at last I don't have to pay to travel.

I can't really save on the allowance arrangements atm :disappointed: kinda my own fault tho

Coldplay Coming To Australia In February

7798a295c8322fa42edfd553f111cd10-576x384.jpg

Coldplay have announced two Australian dates as apart of a promotional tour in Sydney on Thursday 16th February and Friday 17th February. They will be coming over direct from a performance live at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday 12th February.

Fans will have the opportunity to see Coldplay at these two exclusive, “money-can’t-buy” events. The first is a Mobile Live Set With Coldplay on Thursday 16th February, where an audience of 30 competition winners will get up close and personal with the band while they play live on 2Day FM.

Selected winners will also receive a Huawei mobile to record their experience and share with their friends via social networking on the day. The show will also be streamed live on the Huawei Mobile Facebook or on 2Day FM’s website.

They will also be appearing on Sunrise on the 17th February, which means fans will get to see them live and in person at Seven studios at Martin Place, and of course it will also be broadcast on Seven Sunrise.

For a chance to win tickets go to http://www.facebook.com/huaweimobile.

Promoter Michael Gudinski let slip news of the upcoming tour when speaking with Triple M Melbourne’s Eddie McGuire the other morning. Whether or not this promotional visit will be the rumoured “Australian tour” that was spoken about is not known.

Coldplay were last in Australia for the Splendour In The Grass Festival in July 2011, where the band flew over just for a one-off show.

link

Bloody hell! That is steep!! :stunned: I'd have to think hard before spending that kind of cash, but as with all these things it depends how badly you want it. If you want to go then you'll do whatever, or just go to one show rather than two or something. On the other hand, if I hold out for a cheap flight to Australia then you can sometimes save £100..... Hmmmmmmm will have to see...... :confused:

As long as the ticket prices don't rise, I'm happy. It was hard enough forking out $140 for a GA ticket in 2009 when it was already said that we wouldn't have higher ticket prices than in X&Y era

I wouldn't cross my fingers on that one. promoters in far flung regions often have to promise huge guarantees to bring big production arena shows to their territory. It sucks, but it's the economics of the concert industry, and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon. :cry:

OH THIS IS BULLSHIT! "This is a show money can't buy" FUCK YOU! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE MYLO XYLOTO TOUR TO COME HERE AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET? FUCK!

THIS IS JUST LIKE GAGA'S MONSTER HALL TOUR LAST YEAR,

UNFORTUNATELY THIS TIME IT'S COLDPLAY!

:bigcry:

• 2 weeks later...

COLDPLAY-AT-METRICON.jpg

Metricon leads charge for Coldplay

HAS the Gold Coast stolen the Queensland leg of Coldplay's upcoming Australian stadium tour from under Brisbane's nose?

It certainly looks that way.

Metricon Stadium, at Carrara, is front and centre in the race to host a show as part of the British supergroup's rumoured December tour Down Under after talks with the band's Australian promoter, Michael 'Chuggi' Chugg. The Sydney Swans supporter and three-time international promoter of the year winnner has steered tours by everyone from Madonna to ABBA, Frank Sinatra, Billy Joel, Elton John and Fleetwood Mac.

On the Coast to address a Metricon-sponsored Gold Coast Media Club lunch at Q1 on Friday, he confirmed he had held talks with Gold Coast Suns chief executive Travis Auld and chief operating officer Andrew Travis about possible concerts at the Carrara venue. "I was thinking about it on the plane on the way up. I've lost a lot of f***ing money on the Gold Coast. I can't begin to tell you," Chuggi said. "Now you're trying to talk me into doing a big new show in December at the AFL ground. If the Suns win 10 games, I'll think about it."

Coldplay, whose single Paradise is currently the most-played song on Australian radio, performed a one-off show at Splendour In The Grass, at Woodford, in August last year. The band promised fans it would return soon for a full tour to promote its fifth album, Mylo Xyloto.

Metricon has been given the thumbs up by fans, bands and promoters as the Coast's newest concert venue after the success of Foo Fighters' sold-out show for 37,000 punters late last year.

With Madonna set to tour Australia early next year and The Rolling Stones reportedly planning another Aussie run, Metricon which has also held talks with the Big Day Out and other leading concert promoters could easily become concert central during the AFL off-season from October to January. Unlike Suncorp Stadium, in Brisbane, there is no restriction on the number of events Metricon can host, with applications assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Other stars tipped to announce Australian tours this year include Paul McCartney, Prince, Bruce Springsteen and Radiohead. The always-colourful and notoriously outspoken 'Chuggi' was in fine form at Friday's lunch, his expletive-loaded address rousing more laughs than most stand-up comedy routines. Many in the audience were friends and colleagues from his 50-year career.

"I'll start by asking hands up who was born on the Gold Coast," Chuggi said. "That's what I f***ng thought. Ex gangsters, drug dealers, failed musicians, failed promoters, failed real estate agents, car salesman we've got them all. We love the Gold Coast."

Chuggi has been a regular visitor to the Coast over the years from his first visit across the border in the back of a van with Kiwi band The La De Das to checking out Tony Cochrane's Main Event concert with Frank Sinatra and Whitney Houston at Sanctuary Cove. He said he could never forget the Coast after suffering a heavy loss in the wake of "the biggest disaster ever" ZZ-Top's show at the Surfers Paradise Raceway.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/02/20/392365_gold-coast-lead-story.html

• 2 weeks later...

20111220blog1.jpg

Coldplay will hand out LED wristbands for their outdoor arena concerts in Australia in November

FANS will be part of the action when Coldplay tour Australia's outdoor arenas in November.

If you've seen the Charlie Brown video, you will have spotted the LED wristbands worn by the audience. Frontman Chris Martin told me he couldn't wait to see their Australian fans waving the bands, which have lights controlled by the band.

"It's a little self-indulgent on our part but we love the way it looks when thousands of people all have lights on them," he said. "It's such an amazing thing to be a part of."

Martin said it was about time the band had a hit single here with Paradise now certified five times platinum for sales of almost 400,000 downloads.

He said he has often joked that he is jealous his wife Gwyneth Paltrow has had a No.1 hit single here - with Cruisin' in 2000 - while the band hadn't cracked it. Paradise was flogged during summer as the soundtrack to promote Seven's ratings hit Revenge. "It's great, anything that can keep us coming back to Australia, that lets us go on tour there is great," he said.

The Mylo Xyloto tour details are expected to be announced next month.

Source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/confidential/coldplay-will-hand-out-led-wristbands-for-their-outdoor-arena-concerts-in-australia-in-november/story-e6fredq3-1226288722745