🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

I Has Interactive Story/Sims1 Fun Times Idea! (Express Your Interest)

Cobalt

Posting this in Lounge because I don't know where you'd put a thread for a game idea

Basically I'm setting up complete Sims 1 on my comp and I thought it would be fun to have a neighbourhood where others influence the happenings of the game.

It would probably involve starting off with the 4 Coldplay band members (just as a sort of staple start) as Sims on a lot. They probably won't be that accurate due to my lack of custom content but EH

From there board members make choices for these poor virtual souls that either lead to their demise or success.

Such choices would include interactions, house stuff (styling, objects), career decisions, purchases (new clothing and pets as example), possibly even deaths and additions to the household.

I would take a screencap showing these things have happened and post them here for a report back on progress

There would be rules however

Some things that hugely affect the course of the game (such as killing someone off, adding someone, redesigning the entire house) would require executive decisions (a few players to agree to that change) just so I'm not doing things like adding self-sims that wanna make lurve with Chris or spending hours demolishing the house and styling it a certain way only for someone else to decide to re-do it all, and other stupid shit

Also there would probably be a limit per update of how many "decisions" are made per player as otherwise I can imagine this would get quite out of hand, not sure on an amount yet

The "game" as such ends when all Sims in the household die due to whatever reason. From there it would be possible to restart with a certain Sim (that would be agreed on via executive decision)

Why Sims 1? Because it isn't terribly unstable despite it's old graphics, and the expansion packs allow for considerably more wacky things to happen. There isn't a need for aging for this, and the whole idea is the focus on the one household's interactions with everything else. Sims 1 is also harder than the others in terms of mood maintenance, so you get to laugh more at the cranky bastards peeing blue puddles everywhere! Yay!

Why do I think this is a fun idea? Because this game is fun, interactive story roleplaying games are also fun, mix the two and it could be riotously joyous! You could mess with other members' decisions too, just for laffs! Or co-operate with others in an effort to really steer the direction of the game! So many options.

I might add in a point system for bonus to make it more engaging, for completing challenges like maxing out a skill or getting promoted.

Before I invest too much thought, I must ask though: would you folk be interested in participating in something like this?

As a fellow Simmer I would like to take part in this experiment.

Sims 2 Is more stable and better, since it's out longer (Same with Sims 3) MOAR MODS

More stable because it's out longer? Hahahahahahaha. I recently have had Sims 3 crash fifteen minutes into gameplay twice, that's what motivated the Sims 1 bizness. I don't have full Sims 2 on me right now so that limits me (but I do remember an EA patch breaking motives for a bit). Sims 1 apart from some minor hiccups has more often than not lasted a few hours before pooping, and isn't terribly broken without modding, these are additional reasons as to why I selected it

I have a cracked version on the Sims 3 and it never crashed :uhoh: ITS YOUR PC SPECTS lmao

My PC specs which pass relatively well, when the crashes are only when the dog does certain actions :P ok

~i hope this things takes off and people aren't staying away being all LOLSIMSBORING~

Sims 3 is shit.

Sims 2 is really entertaining though, you should give that a try. I like Sims 1 but one of my favorite things to do is to just make Sims so the fact that they're all tiny pixelated versions bothers me a bit

So I kinda skimmed through it, you mean we tell you what to do and you tell us what happens? Sounds kinda lame, like 30 pages of "Put on that shirt! Talk to Guy! Buy a new car!" but everyone else here seems to be for it so I look forward to it.

^ Yeah, it's pretty much interactive roleplaying rules applied to a Sims1 playthrough :P To make it a bit more interesting I might disallow gameplay cheats (eg money gaining codes) so it's less 'BUY THIS BUILD THAT'.

Keep the responses coming, also feel free to ask questions and offer suggestions. Having a rough indicator of number of participants will help a bit in the starting of the game

I don't have Sims to take part but may I donate a real life 2.5 year old who won't eat his breakfast?

Heh, you don't need the game to take part though :P

I'll set up a neighbourhood and household on my game, and people would issue orders as to what the household members should do or what I should do with the neighbourhood (renovating, bulldozing, etc). I would then play these orders out if possible, post screenshots and notes showing the progress and then open to a whole new round of orders

I'd post guides on what there is to do around town, because I honestly don't expect people to remember or know all that

I´ve never played Sims, just some game on DS.. so I tell you what my life should be there?

Also the hug smiley should be enough with the last frame, the person who is being hugged doesn´t need to be sad. WHAT IF I JUST FEEL LIKE HUGGING? WHAT IF I AM THE ONE WHO IS SAD? :sad:

I have a cracked version on the Sims 3 and it never crashed :uhoh: ITS YOUR PC SPECTS lmao

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao