✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay @ the Olympics? Any one else gutted?

Long Live Life

27 July is out of the question, that's the date of the second Montreal concert.

The second St Paul concert is on 11 August. The time difference is 6 hours, travel time is at least 9 hours so it's almost impossible for them to be back in time. Even if they would make it in time they will be fricking tired.

I don't think this is going to happen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blur are the founders of the Brit Pop, actually)

I don't think any one band can claim that title. Blur were certainly one of the early big hitters in that scene, but far from the only one. Blur started out as a shoegaze band anyway.

• 1 month later...

Locog announced the booking of Coldplay to play the Paralympics closing ceremony on 9 September, bringing the curtain down on London's Olympic summer. The move appears to suggest the band will not be involved in the Olympics opening or closing ceremonies.

link

I don't know much about olympics and paralympics but it this a BIg thing? Closing the Olympics is HUUUUGE, is this just as big or much smaller?

I think it's usually consider "smaller", meaning that there's probably less people watching the Paralympics ceremony worldwide (because there's usually less people following the Paralympics). Coldplay performing there will certainly put much more light on it, and that's amazing! :awesome:

I think it's usually consider "smaller", meaning that there's probably less people watching the Paralympics ceremony worldwide (because there's usually less people following the Paralympics). Coldplay performing there will certainly put much more light on it, and that's amazing! :awesome:

And does this mean it will we WORLDWIDE ON TELEVISION?? :D:D:D

ooooooh men I'm very much looking forward till that evening when EVERY member here can watch the performance and chat about it with each other!! Just like that evening of the Brits, but even bigger and better!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

London Olympics closing ceremony to feature Spice Girls, Coldplay, One Direction and more

JAMES Bond, a Beatle and a parachuting Queen are hard acts to follow, but the London Olympic closing ceremony on Sunday promises to be another dazzling spectacle.

Titled A Symphony Of British Music, it is expected to be a display of stars and songs celebrating 50 years of British music and culture.

Details are secret but a number of names have leaked. The globe-conquering boy band One Direction are tipped to be on the bill. Coldplay, Muse, The Who, Queen, Madness, Annie Lennox, Kaiser Chiefs, Tinie Tempah, Jessie J, Ed Sheeran and Elbow are also rumoured to feature.

George Michael confirmed he would reform '80s chart-toppers Wham! for the evening.He tweeted: "Spending most of the next week rehearsing like crazy for the Olympic closing ceremony."

Take That, including Robbie Williams, are also due to take part, but lead singer Gary Barlow, who suffered tragedy this week when his baby died, is now in doubt. The Spice Girls have been tipped as the star act of the night.

British comedy talent including Russell Brand, Jennifer Saunders of Absolutely Fabulous and Monty Python's Eric Idle, as well as musical hit Stomp, have also been mentioned as likely performances.

In a Ministry of Defence hangar outside of London, Billy Elliot director Stephen Daldry and Kim Gavin, the creative brain behind Take That's Circus Live shows, have created the closing ceremony.

Es Devlin, who worked on Lady Gaga's Monster Ball US tour, and David Arnold, who composed the music for five James Bond films, have also worked on the project.

It will feature more than 4100 performers, including 3500 adult volunteers and 380 schoolchildren from the six east London host boroughs.

The show will reportedly include lollipop ladies directing traffic, a parade of the Queen's Coldstream Guards, a recreation of the Notting Hill Carnival and a catwalk of British models including Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell.

At the end, Brazil will showcase its festive culture in an eight-minute presentation.

London will hand the Olympic flag over to Rio - the host of the 2016 Games.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/london-olympics/london-olympics-closing-ceremony-to-feature-spice-girls-coldplay-one-direction-and-more/story-fn9dirj0-1226447857177

No

August 1, 2012 - submitted by Jorge, Peru

Q. Dear Oracle I heard many rumours that Coldplay will perform for the closing ceremony of the Olympics. So this is my question: the guys will only perform for the Paralympics or also they will perform on August 12th (Olympics)?

The Oracle replies:

They are only playing the closing ceremony of the Paralympics in September; they will be travelling home from the States on the 12th August.

According to The Guardian they are part of the closing ceremony:

And finally... The closing ceremony 8.30pm, Olympic Stadium

Titled 'Festival of Flame', the finale will be co-ordinated by Kim Gavin, who organised the Concert for Diana in 2007. It will feature 2,000 performers, with the main event being a set from British band Coldplay, who will showcase some of their most iconic hits.

link

:|

Don't know if they will be at tonights closing ceremony but the Festival of Flame quoted by the Guardian is on September 9 to close the Paralympics. Tonight's ceremony is called 'A Symphony of British Music' and starts at 9pm.

From the BBC

While the Olympic closing ceremony's musical acts remain secret, British band Coldplay have been officially announced as headliner for the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games. They will take to the stage at the Olympic Stadium on 9 September for the ceremony, titled Festival of Flame. Frontman Chris Martin called it "a great honour" and said the band were "very happy to be involved". The band will be joined by more than 2,000 performers at the event.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19094398

Sad they dont performed at the Olympics

Hey guys,

i know the band will perform at the closing ceremony of the upcoming Paralympics...

But how awesome it would have been if they had performed yesterday, i think ETIAW or Paradise would have been most likely. Along with all the class acts like George Michael,Annie Lennox and so on...was a bit sad as i saw it yesterday because they would have fitted perfectly to the entire show ! Anyone else is thinking the same ?!

Btw, it seems Liams voice is far away from its best :cry:

Hey guys,

i know the band will perform at the closing ceremony of the upcoming Paralympics...

But how awesome it would have been if they had performed yesterday, i think ETIAW or Paradise would have been most likely. Along with all the class acts like George Michael,Annie Lennox and so on...was a bit sad as i saw it yesterday because they would have fitted perfectly to the entire show ! Anyone else is thinking the same ?!

Btw, it seems Liams voice is far away from its best :cry:

I agree!

The closing ceremony was good but it felt incomplete without coldplay! :( they would have added something great to the ceremony!

Could these guys possibly catch the red-eye after tonight's concert and make it to London in time for the closing ceremony?

I am still confused about this...A roadie told me they were catching a flight right after to perform. I was upgraded so I decided to ask because of the rumours I had been hearing. Obviously it didn't happen, but it still confuses me.