✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How did YOU first get into Coldplay?

Shiver911

I got into them in the strangest way... I remember a while back, I think the MuchMusic Canadian Concert Listings were on then, and Coldplay happened to be playing some concerts at the time...With the Coldplay listings they had a clip of the In My Place video (beginning of the chorus), and I thought, 'That sounds awfully strange' and I thought that particular part of the video was a little odd as well (don't ask me why) so it was like, 'I don't like these guys very much...'

Couple of days later, Dad comes home with the Rush Of Blood album, puts it on, second track rolls around and I think, 'Hey, I remember that song! It's...Oh my God it's a great song!' And I've been seriously hooked ever since... :stunned:

Before that I'd heard Yellow, but forgot the name of the group until the time that In My Place was first a hit.

I know I'd heard Don't Panic as well but I have no recollection of when or where (I'm pretty sure I was ten), but when I first bought the Parachutes album and the chorus of Don't Panic was playing, I got frightened, because I knew I'd heard that song somewhere else...

I first listened to Trouble on the radio. Thought that was a lovely song and stuff.. Then, I met my fiancee in a chat room and a few months later, he began singing Shiver for me (he liked me and he thought I wasn´t paying attention to him...). And that´s it...

I kept seeing the video for Yellow on MTV and i love that song and video, but i didn't get the cd, But then i didn't really hear from them in awhile. Then when A Rush Of Blood To The Head came out i took notice of them again. It wasn't till Clocks came out i bought the album!! :D So i kinda have been a fan of there's since Yellow, on and off. But when i bought the second album i became a full fan!! :lol:

Yeah ... Yellow on MTV was my first introduction to them, too. Downloaded Parachutes, thought it was a good, above average album. Ripped AROBTTH frm a friend, thorugh it was spectacular. Went bad and listened to Parachutes and thought I'm missed something the first time.

I heard Trouble on radio and I thought it was a beatiful song, although I used to cry everytime I heard it (I still does...). Then I downloaded Parachutes, I liked it but didn't hear it in ages. When 'In my place' and the album was released I downloaded it and I thought it was fantastic. And I realized that Parachutes is an awesome album!! After their gig in November'02 I was totally shocked... :smug:

Same here Marie. I remember hearing yellow and lovin it. But then again, remember watchin the Dont Panic video and being absolutely amazed by the vocals, (and the video ;) ). But i cant remember which came first :huh: . I was about 9 or 10 at the time and all i heard on the radio was N*Sync and Backstreet boys. So hearing Coldplay, was so different for me :) Even though i was young, my love for Coldplay began from there...

Same here! :o Woah! This is too wierd lol. Garage music was all the rage back then wasnt it? :rolleyes: I remember boppin around to it in school discos lol. I mean, garage is cool...but musically, i think ive matured. Im not saying that those who like garage havent, but personally, ive moved on to songs and bands who write meaningful lyrics :) Im only just discovering Radiohead and the Beatles :lol:

Heeeeeey, glad to hear that Coldplay saved your bacon :lol:

But im with you in hanging heads in shame Kirsten...i was obssessed with N*Sync, Peter Andre, Boyzone, 911 etc. Haha, i used to like most pop bands :stunned: I also used to like Bewitched :lol: But hey, they were were the coolest Irish lasses at the time. I rekon my mum spent loads on denim for me cos i loved them so much :D

But im with you in hanging heads in shame Kirsten...i was obssessed with N*Sync, Peter Andre, Boyzone, 911 etc. Haha, i used to like most pop bands :stunned: I also used to like Bewitched :lol: But hey, they were were the coolest Irish lasses at the time. I rekon my mum spent loads on denim for me cos i loved them so much :D

hehe ur not the only one i used to love bewitched and i still have sum of the denim jackets up in my loft lol :lol:

hehe ur not the only one i used to love bewitched and i still have sum of the denim jackets up in my loft lol :lol:

:lol: :lol: Dont worry, they'll be safe up there. Just in case Bewitched decide to make a comeback ;)