✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FREE FOOD now I have your attention

Dannyrobertsonviva

Hi there! as a young (16) British person I would really like to know why you Americans out there really love us?!! Any american people I meet (there are many in my town because there is an american air base near by) seem to be so interested in us, our culture and whatever :L it makes no sense to me!! WE ARE SO BORING infact the only good thing to come out of here, apart from me ;) is COLDPLAY! so I just want know why do you like us so much?! :laugh3:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

infact the only good thing to come out of here, apart from me ;) is COLDPLAY!

:inquisitive:

You probably take you own culture and values for granted because they are your own culture and values; they are familiar to you. People may be interested in it because it's new to them.

Off the top of my head, here are some reasons why I, as an American, love England:

--The British sense of humor is fantastic

--The history is fascinating

--The accent!

--They seem very environmentally conscious (I guess they have to be due to having a smaller land space than the U.S. and due to the resources not being as abundant. I was amazed that toilets that two buttons, one that uses less water for pee only and one that used a little more water for more involved business. haha)

--Brits seems sensible and intellectual

--The best thing: Coldplay!

(All of these are, of course, generalizing....but it's just what I think)

Things that I would have to get used to if I lived there:

--The smaller spaces

--The weather

Off the top of my head, here are some reasons why I, as an American, love England:

--The British sense of humor is fantastic

--The history is fascinating

--The accent!

--They seem very environmentally conscious (I guess they have to be due to having a smaller land space than the U.S. and due to the resources not being as abundant. I was amazed that toilets that two buttons, one that uses less water for pee only and one that used a little more water for more involved business. haha)

--Brits seems sensible and intellectual

--The best thing: Coldplay!

(All of these are, of course, generalizing....but it's just what I think)

Things that I would have to get used to if I lived there:

--The smaller spaces

--The weather

spot on - these are my reasons too :dance:

as for the food, I'll be eating indian take out weekly :P

the accent :dazzled:

For me, it's because the U.S forces you to think it's the best and it's not. We're tought by our culture that America is the only "free" country, which just isn't the case. Our culture, for the most part, is money driven. You guys not only have great bands, but a great history with roots in many other cultures. It seems to me that in the U.S cultural traditions are swallowed up by one mass culture. British culture is very imaginative and creative when compared to our cookie cutter culture. In my opinion at least. I'm sure people in the U.K may feel that way about the U.S. Might be one of those "Midnight In Paris" situations?

Everyone seems to hate their own country and is convinced that things are better elsewhere. Most of the time this isn't really true, but it's a common mindset I see everywhere.

National pride seems to be kinda dead throughout the world, actually. :\ A little sad, although it gets people exploring other cultures, I guess.

Me? I like the U.S. plenty. There isn't a single country that doesn't have a crapload of flaws.

Everyone seems to hate their own country and is convinced that things are better elsewhere. Most of the time this isn't really true, but it's a common mindset I see everywhere.

National pride seems to be kinda dead throughout the world, actually. :\ A little sad, although it gets people exploring other cultures, I guess.

Me? I like the U.S. plenty. There isn't a single country that doesn't have a crapload of flaws.

You said it. It's definitely an example of the "grass is always greener on the other side" phenomenon.

Also, as a person who primarily lives in the US, but who also has family in London she visits every year, I have to say that I love both countries a lot! Great places to live in my opinion.

Me and my boyfriend where considering moving to America when we have the money but I'm not sure I could do it. America seems a scary place to me!

Probably because it's such a massive country and everyone's seems more brash and bold and I dunno :tongue: