✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New piano song?!?! (probably not)

James.

OK guys, this is a crazy and unlikely theory, but hear me out:

You all remember the story of Postcards From Far Away, correct? On the Viva tour, The Hardest Part was surprisingly brought back after the band had not played it in years and in fact Chris had said he didn't like playing the song. It was brought back as a sparkly new piano version, and played on the B-Stage after two sort of electronic sounding songs (GPASUYF/Talk remix). The song featured a fancy new piano outro which everyone liked and allowed the other band members time to get ready for the next song (Viva La Vida).

Exhibit A:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ckGCtkXsUI]Coldplay "The Hardest Part" outro "Postcards from far away" - YouTube[/ame]

A couple of months later, the Prospekt's March EP was released and the fancy piano piece was on it, now titled 'Postcards From Far Away'.

Everyone with me so far? Good, now here's the interesting part:

Three years later, on the MX tour, Warning Sign is surprisingly brought back after the band had not played it in years and Chris had said he didn't like playing it. It comes back as a sparkly new piano version, on the B-Stage, after two sort of electronic sounding songs (Princess of China/Up in Flames). It features a fancy new piano outro which (I assume) everybody likes and allows the other band members to get ready for the next song (DLIBYH).

Exhibit B:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-ls9i-3uA]Coldplay - Warning Sign & DLIBYH Live @ Rogers Arena Vancouver, BC - YouTube[/ame]

See where I'm going with this?

Anyway, I'm probably crazy but I really can't help but notice similarities between the two situations, and the conspiracy theorist in me just wants to tell the people all about it! Please discuss!

Love the outro.

But to me it just seems its an extended outro of Warning Sign:thinking:I think.

Not a new song.

Maybe. I just thought it was too similar to the Postcards From Far Away situation to be a coincidence :P

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Chris has ever expressed a dislike for the song seriously. Chris tends to bash on every song he writes (Which I really hate, he shouldn't go Kanye West on us but he should at least give himself some credit) he has said the song is boring in a track-by-track which I'm sure some of you have seen. But he also said he didn't like The Scientist, Don't Panic, and Yellow in the same interview. I'm pretty sure Chris at least likes The Scientist and Yellow even if he's not to fond of Don't Panic.

i think its an outro because with postcards from far away. the song comepletly changed. it changed key and it was a different melody/rythm. the ending to a warning sign is the same key and everything. you can tell that its a warning sign. its just an outro i think

There are undeniable parallels here, but your theory is probably wrong.

Postcards From Far Away is it's own song. It kinda has a beginning and an end, and it really doesn't connect with The Hardest Part.

On the other hand, the piano outro on Warning Sign seems to go with the end of the song. Also it is short, so it probably won't be it's own song.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, now that I've heard some better quality recordings of it, it does sound more like a new outro for Warning Sign than anything else. When listening to the Zurich concert though, I could have sworn it went on a lot longer than previous times I've heard it. Maybe that was just me though. Also, it sounded like Chris was singing along to it. Not words, but more like oohs and aahs that fitted with it. That could have just been improvisation, but I couldn't help thinking that maybe it is part of a new song.