✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why aren't they releasing songs?

Prospector

So, Every Teardrop is a bit more than a week away from getting one year old and I decided to compare MX era with Viva. And I realized things were much more interesting by 2008/9, we were getting new songs really often. We are just not getting almost nothing from MX sessions besides the album itself! So let's compare the new recordings and remixes that were alredy released from MX and the ones that were from Viva after a year of the release of their respectives 1st singles:

Viva:

May: A Spell A Rebel Yell and Lost?

June: (Album) Death Will Never Conquer

November: Lost+, Lost@, Life In Technicolor ii, Postcards From Far Away, Glass Of Water, Rainy Day, Prospekt's March/Poppyfield, Lovers In Japan (Osaka Sun Mix), Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground

December: Lhuna, Viva La Vida Remix

Feburary: Life In Technicolor ii (Live @ London), The Goldrush

May: live versions of Glass Of Water, 42, Clocks, Strawberry Swing, The Hardest Part/Postcards From Far Away, Viva La Vida, Death Will Never Conquer, Fix You and Death And All His Friends.

MX:

June: Moving To Mars

July: ETIAW Remix

October: (Album) Paradise Remix

November: Live versions of ETIAW, Charlie Brown, Clocks, GPASUYF, Paradise and Violet Hill

March: Charlie Brown Remix

May: Princess Of China Remix

So, overall:

Viva had released 10 new recordings, 11 live recordings and 3 Remixes

MX has released 1 new recording, 6 live recordings and 4 Remixes

Some might say ETIAW was released a lot before MX, still, 7 months after MX we had only 1 new song, while in Viva we had the whole Prospekt's March EP + A Spell A Rebel Yell, Lhuna and Death Will Never Conquer.

WHERE ARE THE NEW SONGS???

Thank you for your time, this is probably the biggest post I've done on this forum :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell the truth, I would LOVE new songs, but for some reason I don't care too much for it at the moment. I mean, we have the Jonny's answer that they already know when they want to make a new album and this makes me so happy.

I guess MX is a so-cohesive album that any other song (apart from Moving to Mars, that is in all ways very close to the theme) that don't have too much to do with the MX central story would break the 'chemical' of the album, if you know what I mean. I don't know, it's hard to explain but it feels like MX is self-sufficient...

The B-side just happens to be a dying breed these days. It's a shame, but most B-sides these days by most artists are remixes, not new songs.

Heck, even X&Y had a lot more released scraps than VLV did, so it's just not a common practice anymore.

The B-side just happens to be a dying breed these days. It's a shame, but most B-sides these days by most artists are remixes, not new songs.

Heck, even X&Y had a lot more released scraps than VLV did, so it's just not a common practice anymore.

Remixes or live recordings. It's mostly to do with the decline in physical formats IMHO. When you're not selling physical singles, there's less of a market for b-sides, so the commercial part of the industry doesn't see them as valuable.

We could have an EP with some new songs in few weeks or months. Perhaps during this summer ?

Don't hold your breath on that one. My prediction is no substantial new material until the next LP.

Oh no hopefully you're wrong :confused:

I'm not saying I'd like that, only that I think there's no reason to expect any new material based soley on a one time pattern of material released 3-4 years ago. The band have 4 previous albums, and they only released an E.P. from 1 of those sets of sessions (and only about a third of that was actually new material).

The best I think you can realistically hope for is a handful of b-sides, live cuts and remixes and since they're pretty much done with singles for MX at this point, even those are highly doubtful IMHO.

I'm not saying I'd like that, only that I think there's no reason to expect any new material based soley on a one time pattern of material released 3-4 years ago. The band have 4 previous albums, and they only released an E.P. from 1 of those sets of sessions (and only about a third of that was actually new material).

The best I think you can realistically hope for is a handful of b-sides, live cuts and remixes and since they're pretty much done with singles for MX at this point, even those are highly doubtful IMHO.

Indeed.

It was also hinted that some of the stuff from the Viva Era that never made it might be recycled. It's a good thing too because those songs were amazing!

It was also hinted that some of the stuff from the Viva Era that never made it might be recycled. It's a good thing too because those songs were amazing!

These :nod: