✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why aren't they releasing songs?

Prospector

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best Coldplay artwork ever.

This is the worst Coldplay artwork ever.

I don't see what makes it all that worse from the other singles' art. I mean, they're all pretty similar looking. Could do without that band of yellow at the top though.

I don't see what makes it all that worse from the other singles' art. I mean, they're all pretty similar looking. Could do without that band of yellow at the top though.

It's the fact that it uses a larger section of the wall than the other single artworks. Thus there is a lot more text and detail all crammed into it, which makes it seem too crowded.

It's the fact that it uses a larger section of the wall than the other single artworks. Thus there is a lot more text and detail all crammed into it, which makes it seem too crowded.

and the colours seem to be more saturated than the other photos of the graffiti wall

So, Every Teardrop is a bit more than a week away from getting one year old and I decided to compare MX era with Viva. And I realized things were much more interesting by 2008/9, we were getting new songs really often. We are just not getting almost nothing from MX sessions besides the album itself! So let's compare the new recordings and remixes that were alredy released from MX and the ones that were from Viva after a year of the release of their respectives 1st singles:

Viva:

May: A Spell A Rebel Yell and Lost?

June: (Album) Death Will Never Conquer

November: Lost+, Lost@, Life In Technicolor ii, Postcards From Far Away, Glass Of Water, Rainy Day, Prospekt's March/Poppyfield, Lovers In Japan (Osaka Sun Mix), Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground

December: Lhuna, Viva La Vida Remix

Feburary: Life In Technicolor ii (Live @ London), The Goldrush

May: live versions of Glass Of Water, 42, Clocks, Strawberry Swing, The Hardest Part/Postcards From Far Away, Viva La Vida, Death Will Never Conquer, Fix You and Death And All His Friends.

MX:

June: Moving To Mars

July: ETIAW Remix

October: (Album) Paradise Remix

November: Live versions of ETIAW, Charlie Brown, Clocks, GPASUYF, Paradise and Violet Hill

March: Charlie Brown Remix

May: Princess Of China Remix

So, overall:

Viva had released 10 new recordings, 11 live recordings and 3 Remixes

MX has released 1 new recording, 6 live recordings and 4 Remixes

Some might say ETIAW was released a lot before MX, still, 7 months after MX we had only 1 new song, while in Viva we had the whole Prospekt's March EP + A Spell A Rebel Yell, Lhuna and Death Will Never Conquer.

WHERE ARE THE NEW SONGS???

Thank you for your time, this is probably the biggest post I've done on this forum :)

You have to wait for the next November, the new EP will come... trust me!

i dont know but i think he has a good point. they will release new songs.

Again, what gives you reason to think that? Barring some sort of feasible reasoning, saying they will release an ep/album/film/etc. is just a wish, nothing more.

It's not the worst if it represents the song well - a garish mess :cool:

Best call of thread

Anyway I sorta feel everyone's... pain? Pain isn't the word for it, perhaps yearning. It does seem a fair slowdown in the amount of new content that gets released. Though I think what was said before is a large part of what's at play - B-Sides aren't that important anymore.

Again, what gives you reason to think that? Barring some sort of feasible reasoning, saying they will release an ep/album/film/etc. is just a wish, nothing more.

yeah, you're right, but why shouldn't they release new songs, all previous era's had more than one extra song... and, they will release an film.. :lol:

yeah, you're right, but whshouldn't they release new songs, all previous era's had more than one extra song... and, they will release an film.. :lol:

You're missing my point. I'm not sure it's fair to say all eras did. Aside from the Viva era in 08-10, the only "extra songs" were a handful of b-sides, live tracks and re-mixes. We've had re-mixes for MX, a few live tracks, and a song that's essentially a b-side. It's more accurate to say Viva represented an exceptionally prolific period of the band's career, as opposed to there being a slowdown now.

The only thing I'm annoyed with this era is the lack of b-sides. No, not lack. NONE.

I think we were spoiled during the X&Y and VLV era that no bsides during the MX time has got everyone a little angry. Lol.

And since we've heard these songs for a long time (we pretty much heard the first half of the album before MX was released), I don't blame people for feeling restless for new songs.

^ Are you not counting Moving to Mars as a b-side? I know it was technically on an EP but I still count it as a b-side. But nevertheless, ONE b-side is just not enough. :(

Meh. It seems so long ago, I hardly remember it existed! :laugh3:

But 1 is not enough for an era this hyped up.