✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why aren't they releasing songs?

Prospector

The only thing I'm annoyed with this era is the lack of b-sides. No, not lack. NONE.

I think we were spoiled during the X&Y and VLV era that no bsides during the MX time has got everyone a little angry. Lol.

And since we've heard these songs for a long time (we pretty much heard the first half of the album before MX was released), I don't blame people for feeling restless for new songs.

As has been said above, the B-Side is a dying art form, not just for Coldplay, for all bands. Technically, Re-mixes, Live cuts, and even radio edits are all forms of B-sides, and they've become the dominant form.:\

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said above, the B-Side is a dying art form, not just for Coldplay, for all bands. Technically, Re-mixes, Live cuts, and even radio edits are all forms of B-sides, and they've become the dominant form.:\

hmmm.....but Coldplay is different. Who knows? Maybe one day...:rolleyes:

They're probably just focusing on making the Live DVD right now, which will most likely be released later this year. To me, this era doesn't seem like an era that should have very many songs (definately more than what we have now though =P) but an era that is simply trying to really succeed with flying colours and brilliant rhythms, something I have no problem with.

They're probably just focusing on making the Live DVD right now, which will most likely be released later this year. To me, this era doesn't seem like an era that should have very many songs (definately more than what we have now though =P) but an era that is simply trying to really succeed with flying colours and brilliant rhythms, something I have no problem with.

The DVD is another thing I've believe when I see. They've filmed multiple times over the last couple tours and except for the single canadian broadcast of twisted logic, none of that has see the light of day.

Grrr... this is the same as Muse did with The Resistance's singles, and Gorillaz with Plastic Beach's singles.

And Coldplay's B-sides have always been my favourites out of any bands! Especially the Rush Of Blood / X&Y era singles, been collecting them for 2 years just because of the b-sides. :P I wish bands would stick to releasing remixes in remix albums and special editions etc. Singles are for new material!

• 1 month later...
Maybe they don't want to release any new song because they think we will think "omg, why they didn't put this instead of Princess of China?" :confused:

:laugh3: Makes sense, but they wouldn't have put Moving to Mars out if they wanted to keep better songs secret :rolleyes: