✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What football team does Chris support?

paradise2012

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if you could answer a question regarding Chris Martin and whether he likes football.

Does Chris like football, if he does which teams or teams does he support? Is the England national one of them by any chance?

Please let me know.

Cheers,

paradise2012

^:nod:

And Jonny supports Tottenham, I believe.

Correct.

Chris doesn't really support a team, as far as I know, but I do recall a (funny) scandal from the 2005 World Cup...

http://www.gigwise.com/news/19174/Chris-Martin-Loses-%C2%A310000-On-World-Cup

EDIT: Oh, and he DID support the National Team in the same world cup. Anyone remember this???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9uyqVJhWM]Do The Crouch - Coldplay - YouTube[/ame]

(In honour of England hero Peter Crouch. Good memories!)

Jonny and Will are the big football guys in the band. Jonny supports the Spurs and Will supports Southhampton.

Guy's not a sports fan, but I've read he supports Raith Rovers for sentimental reasons, as they're his hometown team.

Never heard anything about what team (if any) Chris supports.

Correct.

Chris doesn't really support a team, as far as I know, but I do recall a (funny) scandal from the 2005 World Cup...

http://www.gigwise.com/news/19174/Chris-Martin-Loses-%C2%A310000-On-World-Cup

EDIT: Oh, and he DID support the National Team in the same world cup. Anyone remember this???

(In honour of England hero Peter Crouch. Good memories!)

OMG HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The band congratulated Exeter City on the official website when they got promoted a few years ago, so although Chris might not be a huge football fan I'd guess that's who he would support

Not being 100% up on the Football League, I could be wrong, but that's the closest he has to a local side, yes?

• 10 months later...

It must be Arsenal or Manchester United :lol:

Rapper Jay-Z and Chris Martin of Coldplay look on during the Barclays Premier League match between Arsenal and Manchester United at Emirates Stadium on April 28, 2013 in London, England.

Chris+Martin+Arsenal+v+Manchester+United+Premier+qwU9fe-dkyqx.jpg

Ohmygod then maybe he supports Arsenal isn't it the Frenchiest football club in England like i think they have lots of French footballers and they're coached by Arsène Wenger who is French :awesome:

We used to have a lot of French players. I think the number has dramatically reduced since our 00's heyday. :laugh3:

I suspect having Arsenal around the corner so to speak, it's easy for him to go there. I know nothing much about football, (I have no desire to either sorry - yawn :p ) despite living here.. LOL.. But maybe Moses is really into it now? Little boys mostly LOVE football, can you imagine how cool it must be for Moses to have a dad who can take him to games whenever he wants to? I love that he does that for him. :heart:

I suspect having Arsenal around the corner so to speak, it's easy for him to go there. I know nothing much about football, (I have no desire to either sorry - yawn :p ) despite living here.. LOL.. But maybe Moses is really into it now? Little boys mostly LOVE football, can you imagine how cool it must be for Moses to have a dad who can take him to games whenever he wants to? I love that he does that for him. :heart:

I totally agree, and I remember that Gwyn (in an interview) said that Chris was so good with the kids and i.a. playing football with them in the garden. Moses loves football so maybe Chris will be really into football thanks to Moses.

And Chris said that he follows COOL teams - and imho both Arsenal and Manchester U are cool teams - and doing rather well.

So thanks to Moses, Chris will attend many football matches in future (together with Moses). As Gwyn said: He is (also) a wonderful / first-class father. :heart:

There's a session that Chris & Jonny did for a San Francisco radio station during the X&Y era where a fan asked them about their favorite teams. Jonny was quick to say the Spurs and Chris said the team where he came from never wins, then confirmed with his dad who was in the audience that they were just relegated to the bottom division. Then the fan asked them about Arsenal, and again Jonny was quick to say he didn't like them at all. And Chris added nobody likes a team that wins all the times.

I agree though that if Moses is into football and perhaps the Arsenal, that changes everything. Both times (that I know of) that he's been seen at a football match this year, Moses was with him.

It was supercool that Uncle Jay tagged along probably for Mosey. In general, Americans find real football (soccer) very boring. My husband only watches the World Cup, and even then, he and the boys tease me the whole duration.

Almighty Anchorman to the rescue!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/andrewhopkins15">andrewhopkins15</a> Chris is actually an Exeter City fan… A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/329527234996097024">May 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

edit: but The Oracle disagrees.