✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How do you get an upgrade at a Coldplay show?

Forty Two

The back:

141289IMG9761copy.jpg

That shirt is beautiful! The colors are so nice... it's perfect!

I made mine over the last few days (I made it online, but have not completed my order yet. I was going back and forth deciding on whether or not I should make it by hand... I'm not very artistic though, it would have looked like a 3-year-old made it if I had made it by hand)... anyway, It says "I came 1,100 miles to see Coldplay!". I'm thinking of buying glow-in-the-dark fabric paint and outlining the letters when the shirt arrives, so it will kind of coincide with Charlie Brown :)

I wanted to ask you though, can I steal your idea of putting your past dates on the back of the shirt? lol. Mine would look different... a very simple list (and shorter than yours!), no butterflies or anything. If not, it's ok, I understand!

What do these Roadie people look like? What do their shirts look like because I'm going to write Coldplay a letter and hopefully I can give it to one of the roadies and they will give it to the guys :D

So what do the roadies look like, how do I know how to spot one? Please and thank you.

They usually dress in black or dark colors. They always seem in rush looking for people to upgrade seats for. They are not dressed anything like any of the arena's staff. Some of them also have MX badges either around their neck or on their lower belt or something of the sort. To be honest, you're best off imo if you let them find you rather than the other way around. Oh, and I found them both times walking around in the nose bleed section of the arena. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

For this show there is standing golden circle area, further standing area and seats on grandstand that are sold for everyone with a concrete sector,row and seat number. I don't think that every single seat on every single sector will be sold just looking at prices for example. I wonder if there will be some nice roadies who would like to upgrade people from grandstand to standing area or better sectors. :smug:

Forgot to add. It's a stadium and there are no seats like just in front of stage,just standing

They don't give people upgrades when there is a General Admission area. Roadie #42 wrote about it in Blog #174:

In European standing shows, the front rows are the kids who’ve been outside the venue since daybreak and who’ve sprinted in to get the pole position. Usually by the time the opening acts have finished they’re at fever pitch with excitement. The sight of Chris’s piano being wheeled into position can bring about a screaming cheer - explosive enough to make you think the show has already started.

In contrast, folks who’d paid astronomical sums for the tickets could often just sit with an arms folded sense of entitlement, emoting “come on then, entertain me, have you any idea how much I paid for this?”.

So the band don’t sell the tickets to the front few rows any more. Instead, various crew members are sent out to scan the highest, furthest seats to find folks who look genuinely excited and giddy to be seeing the band. They’re then given tickets to the front row (which quite often looks a very, very long way away from the “nosebleed” seats). Often, folks think it’s a scam and refuse to believe it. Often they go berserk and jump up and down screaming - until they have to calm down before they fall down.

Eventually, though, they end up down the front and the natural order of things is restored. For them, it’s a Willy Wonka golden ticket. For the band, it’s guaranteed energy from the folks closest to them. It genuinely does make the shows better. We’ve all said it many times. How good a show is, is largely to do with how good the audience are. It’s what fuels the whole thing.

link

They want really enthusiastic fans in front of the stage and that is already the case in Europe so it isn't necessary to give people upgrades.

It'll be the same for the concerts in Australia and New-Zealand since there is a GA area as well.