✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Respect Please...

Slymor

I've gotten a little confused, but I think the end point is that the band DOES (and clearly, as seen on twitter) allow cameras. Now, the type of camera allowed in all depends on the venue. And if the venue does not allow photos, then the band has to comply and enforce the rules as well, so as a result no cameras for the audience.

Because many of the security members are not avid photographers, they do not know the difference between professional cameras and digital ones with large lenses, which is very unfortunate for many concert goers.

For these dudes because they are idiots - sorry, it's the word.

There is a BIG difference between SEMI professional and PROFESSIONAL camera. A BIG. Let me tell you.

I'm sorry for you. Means you missed the concert?

I had the idea to bring my Rebel XSi with my 18-200 or my 70-300mm.

Thank god I didn't !??

I know that. But to make it "easy" to understand, anything with a detachable lens is not allowed, even if you only have one lens with you. I Have a "beginner" dslr, a Nikon d40 and I know it's not a real "professional" cAmera, but venue purse inspectors don't know the difference between a d7000 and a d40, so they make the distinction with the detachable lens.

It's not Coldplay's fault that security somehow missed that behemoth in your bag when you were entering the doors. Heck, this has nothing to do with Coldplay whatsoever. I cannot think of ONE SINGLE BAND or ONE SINGLE VENUE that allows detachable-lens cameras (unless you have photo pit credentials, obviously, and even then you only get 2 or 3 songs to shoot). Either you haven't tried taking that to very many concerts, or you've just gotten unbelievably lucky weaseling that thing by security every time in spite of very clear statements by venues prohibiting anything with a lens longer than a couple inches.

The term "professional cameras" is vague, but pretty much any DSLR or even really high-end point-and-shoots with lengthy lenses are going to be prohibited. Don't risk it. Yes, it sucks that you got kicked out after you paid all that money. But it's also completely fair of them to do.

• 8 months later...
Too bad... Big rockstar are living on another planet...

In Future, i'll put my money, time & energy on someone who get more respect for their fans....

Do you even read what people tell you ? Or maybe you're just stupid ?

Guest LiquidSky
Too bad... Big rockstar are living on another planet...

In Future, i'll put my money, time & energy on someone who get more respect for their fans....

Then go spend your money somewhere else... :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...