✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

every crush is like a white water rapid

Cyan Kat

I know you must be worried of rejection, but don't be.

I was in your position a few days ago. I texted the girl I liked saying "Hi, I just wanted to say I really like you. I'd love to take you on a date sometime, but if you don't feel the same way, that's cool. x"

I haven't known her long, but my friend bullied me into telling her how I feel. I could've put it better, but I was trying not to seem desperate or weird or pressurising.

She texted back saying "If you're talking about being friends, then sure x".

So she rejected me. But at least I know, and I didn't get my hopes up. That's the worst that can happen, and believe me, it's much better than moping around for weeks wondering does he/doesn't he.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have your attention with a bad take on a cheesy lyric about bodies of water I need your advice....

I've had a crush on this guy for a few months now and I hate this feeling and then again I like it, I don't know whether to listen to love songs and imagine walking down a beach with him or cry because he probably likes somebody else. He's so cute and he sometimes mixes up his words and gets all embarrassed in class and I want to hug him and I don't know what love is but man he is the coolest and I can't stop thinking about him. Yesterday was a pretty good day there was me and him and this other guy who's my friend and we hung out and chatted and I got home feeling all happy and listening to love songs.

Some days he'll sit opposite me in the study room and walk with me to class but sometimes he waits for somebody else and he sometimes waits for me to sit down and then he sits down near me and I'm not sure if he likes me too I mean he's kinda shy too so I don't know if he did have feelings that he'd ever actually ask me out. I've never been in a relationship and I think he did once but that only lasted about two weeks or something and now it's our final year in sixth form and I don't know what to do :/

ok i totally get what you mean, this has happened to me before.

i guess you just have to be a bit more observant and be sure if he does like you. if he does then the feeling are mutual and perhaps you could even tell him! but hey, it's a good idea to open up if you're sure so that you don't miss out....

but yeah, that's just one way of looking at it :\

ok i totally get what you mean, this has happened to me before.

i guess you just have to be a bit more observant and be sure if he does like you. if he does then the feeling are mutual and perhaps you could even tell him! but hey, it's a good idea to open up if you're sure so that you don't miss out....

but yeah, that's just one way of looking at it :\

I'm not certain, but sometimes he comes across as though he does, if we're walking to class he always tries to make conversation and I have this image stuck in my head from last week when there was a bunch of us just stood watching people play footbal and he was stood next to me and it was windy and he looked at me and kind of smiled and it made me feel all fuzzy inside :blush:

I've completely missed signals of this other guy once, just thinking we were best friends and I asked my brother if he wanted to come along on this walk when it was snowing and he seemed pissed off and I only realised why when he asked me out I felt pretty bad :blank:

I know you must be worried of rejection, but don't be.

I was in your position a few days ago. I texted the girl I liked saying "Hi, I just wanted to say I really like you. I'd love to take you on a date sometime, but if you don't feel the same way, that's cool. x"

I haven't known her long, but my friend bullied me into telling her how I feel. I could've put it better, but I was trying not to seem desperate or weird or pressurising.

She texted back saying "If you're talking about being friends, then sure x".

So she rejected me. But at least I know, and I didn't get my hopes up. That's the worst that can happen, and believe me, it's much better than moping around for weeks wondering does he/doesn't he.

I was planning on saying something like this 'hey, do you want to see a film or something sometime, if not it's cool'

If he says no or hesitates then I'm going to feel like crying this would be so much easier if I had his phone number

I'm sure I could ask people for it, but I don't want to, I mean I'd be pretty annoyed if my friends went around giving my number to people I might not necessarily want to have it.

I might wait until friday when I know that he will definitely be there for the whole day and there will probably be less people around.

I'm not certain, but sometimes he comes across as though he does, if we're walking to class he always tries to make conversation and I have this image stuck in my head from last week when there was a bunch of us just stood watching people play footbal and he was stood next to me and it was windy and he looked at me and kind of smiled and it made me feel all fuzzy inside :blush:

I've completely missed signals of this guy once, just thinking we were best friends and I asked my brother if he wanted to come along on this walk when it was snowing and he seemed pissed off and I only realised why when he asked me out I felt pretty bad :blank:

It can often be impossible to tell from signs. I'm a guy, and I used to try and go the complete opposite with signs towards girls I liked, simply because I was embarrassed. Didn't make eye contact, didn't brush past them, didn't talk much, nothing. On the other hand, I thought a girl liked me the other night when she asked for my number. My mates got there, and she asked for all six of their's too :P

You can sometimes tell from a gaze though, and the look he gave you sounds like he was looking at you longingly. Check to see if he looks to your lips when you're talking, too.

But ultimately, tell him. :P

I was planning on saying something like this 'hey, do you want to see a film or something sometime, if not it's cool'

If he says no or hesitates then I'm going to feel like crying this would be so much easier if I had his phone number

That would be a good plan. Ask someone who has it and then start the text with "Hey, _____ gave me your number, hope you don't mind :)"

okay from this list I think these might be some..

* you turn around and you catch him looking at you,

* he tries to sit next to you at work, in class, at lunch,

* he looks at you a lot every time you smile or laugh,

* you catch him peeking at you and he smiles,

* he tries to make you laugh,

* he is nicer or tries to talk to your friends

I've completely missed signals of this guy once, just thinking we were best friends and I asked my brother if he wanted to come along on this walk when it was snowing and he seemed pissed off and I only realised why when he asked me out I felt pretty bad :blank:

you know what? i think this guy likes you....

* you turn around and you catch him looking at you,

* he tries to sit next to you at work, in class, at lunch,

* he looks at you a lot every time you smile or laugh,

* you catch him peeking at you and he smiles,

* he tries to make you laugh,

* he is nicer or tries to talk to your friends

So that's why Natalie said she kinda knew that I like her already. :|

Maybe you could organise something and invite a few people from your school so you don't have to ask him out straight away. It might be easier to find out how he feels about you if you meet him outside school.

Also you could add him on Facebook (if you haven't already) if you don't wanna ask anyone for his number.

Signs are tricky thing. They are not universal. Sometimes people are in general easy with other people, what they might interprete as 'love interest' while it's just being friendly. Also looking at lips does not mean perse that he's into you. None of these things are a garantee that he likes you the same way. I'd say like many people: Just go for it.

If you don't dare to ask him out, then maybe let him know with flirting. Do all those things you just summed up. Try to touch his arm when you stand next to him or talk with him. Try to catch his smile. Be interested in him, ask him personal stuff.

Good luck! (though I already said that :S I'll keep on following this :} )