✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

every crush is like a white water rapid

Cyan Kat

Now that I have your attention with a bad take on a cheesy lyric about bodies of water I need your advice....

I've had a crush on this guy for a few months now and I hate this feeling and then again I like it, I don't know whether to listen to love songs and imagine walking down a beach with him or cry because he probably likes somebody else. He's so cute and he sometimes mixes up his words and gets all embarrassed in class and I want to hug him and I don't know what love is but man he is the coolest and I can't stop thinking about him. Yesterday was a pretty good day there was me and him and this other guy who's my friend and we hung out and chatted and I got home feeling all happy and listening to love songs.

Some days he'll sit opposite me in the study room and walk with me to class but sometimes he waits for somebody else and he sometimes waits for me to sit down and then he sits down near me and I'm not sure if he likes me too I mean he's kinda shy too so I don't know if he did have feelings that he'd ever actually ask me out. I've never been in a relationship and I think he did once but that only lasted about two weeks or something and now it's our final year in sixth form and I don't know what to do :/

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been in a relationship either, but I do know the girl I have a crush on likes someone else, so there's one downer. The second downer was that earlier this week, I told her that I liked her. Since then, she started to get all silent unless I talk to her. Ridiculous? On her part, it is. She should just be happy that at least someone wants her.

I know you may put a friendship at risk when you tell someone you like him/her, but as long as you're not being the silent/awkward one, then it isn't your fault; you can't help how you feel for that person. Really, I'm just trying to be all friendly towards her. Lately, she only talks to me if I talk to her first, and it's really starting to piss me off, because now I think she's trying to play with my heart or something, like trying to avoid me because I like her or something... I don't know. It's not like I'm talking to her just to be flirty. The least I want from her is a friendship.

But yeah, you should probably tell him how you feel.

I've never been in a relationship either, but I do know the girl I have a crush on likes someone else, so there's one downer. The second downer was that earlier this week, I told her that I liked her. Since then, she started to get all silent unless I talk to her. Ridiculous? On her part, it is. She should just be happy that at least someone wants her.

I know you may put a friendship at risk when you tell someone you like him/her, but as long as you're not being the silent/awkward one, then it isn't your fault; you can't help how you feel for that person. Really, I'm just trying to be all friendly towards her. Lately, she only talks to me if I talk to her first, and it's really starting to piss me off, because now I think she's trying to play with my heart or something, like trying to avoid me because I like her or something... I don't know. It's not like I'm talking to her just to be flirty. The least I want from her is a friendship.

Well I've been in that situation before so I can understand why she avoids you, she probably feels guilty for saying no and thinks the best way to solve it is to stay away for awhile, I'm sure your friendship will get back to normal after a bit of time.

I'm gonna give it a few more weeks and then hopefully I will have the courage to ask him out because we're not exactly close friends I only really hang out with him when we're in a big group.

Take the first step and ask him

He might be shy talking to beautiful ladies

You don't want to be too close to loving them before you never see them again at the end of term.

well idk about beautiful he's way better looking than me. That's also what I'm scared about, only asking him out when everybody goes off to Uni and probably never seeing each other again.

I'm gonna give it a few more weeks and then hopefully I will have the courage to ask him out

Whatever you do, don't do this. Believe me, I've made the same mistake. In 'a few more weeks' you will still be thinking "Okay, I'll give it one more week..." and before you know it it will be too late. The only way you can resolve this situation is to just go for it. If you don't force yourself to do it now then you never will. What's the worst thing that could happen? This is exactly the kind of advice that my friends always give me, but I'm too shy/scared/cowardly/stupid to do it even though I know it's the only way. So basically, what I'm trying to say is: Don't be like me. Act now before it's too late.

Here, I'll even give you some inspirational lyrics:

"How can you know it if you don't even try?" "If you never try you'll never know" etc.

Judging by your description of this guy, I'm sure he'll be flattered that you feel that way about him. Even if he doesn't feel the same way about you, he'll surely be understanding about it. If you've already spent a lot of time with him at college, then maybe you could ask him if he would like to go to your house. Watch a movie together, or play video games together, or something, whatever you both enjoy doing. If you both have a really great time, then that's a good sign.

I'm sorry I can't really be much more help than this, but I hope this advice helps. :)

Whatever you do, don't do this. Believe me, I've made the same mistake. In 'a few more weeks' you will still be thinking "Okay, I'll give it one more week..." and before you know it it will be too late. The only way you can resolve this situation is to just go for it. If you don't force yourself to do it now then you never will. What's the worst thing that could happen? This is exactly the kind of advice that my friends always give me, but I'm too shy/scared/cowardly/stupid to do it even though I know it's the only way. So basically, what I'm trying to say is: Don't be like me. Act now before it's too late.

Here, I'll even give you some inspirational lyrics:

"How can you know it if you don't even try?" "If you never try you'll never know" etc.

Judging by your description of this guy, I'm sure he'll be flattered that you feel that way about him. Even if he doesn't feel the same way about you, he'll surely be understanding about it. If you've already spent a lot of time with him at college, then maybe you could ask him if he would like to go to your house. Watch a movie together, or play video games together, or something, whatever you both enjoy doing. If you both have a really great time, then that's a good sign.

I'm sorry I can't really be much more help than this, but I hope this advice helps. :)

Well I certainly wouldn't invite him to my house because my mum would seriously piss me off asking him lots of stuff I am considering asking him out to the cinema. I really want to talk to my friend about it but she's always with her boyfriend and I never get a chance anymore but that's the main reason, because she knows what it's like.

I think this is the first time i see you creating a thread Katusky haha! But i hope things work out for you and yeah you should ask the guy out. Good luck! :huskyhug:

I usually chicken out of making threads because I feel lame

and thanks Renusky :huskyhug:

I've been in the situation of 'her'. What makes it hard for her is that you have more than just-friends feelings. You still admit that the least you want from her is a friendship. Clearly she doesn't want anything more than a friendship and doesn't feel comfortable with the whole situation. It is hard to stay friends with someone after you hear he's in love with you. Maybe she doesn’t want to be friends with you anymore or not until the storm lays down. You have to realise that she suddenly has to deal with a friend being in love with her. She knows for less than a week! Such a thing has to sink in. if you really feel for her, the least you can do is give her that time. So just give her some space – if she doesn’t start to talk with you, then don’t seek her up and start yourself - and especially don't go blaming her and call it ridiculous. Also don't lower the girl down by saying She should just be happy that at least someone wants her. Having her become more cold towards you, was the risk you took when you told her. You had the guts to tell her (bravo!) but now you should also have the guts to accept the outcome. A friendship is not something you can demand. It’s something from both sides and when you told her your feelings, you knew it could distort your friendship. If she doesn’t feel comfortable with being around you now that she knows you like her in another way, then you should respect that. I don’t see how this is playing with your heart, because she has been clear with you. She does not have those feeling for you. The best seems to let these feelings go that you have for her and then after that you guys can be friends again. But don’t push it by wanting her now to play all cool with you while she doesn’t feel comfortable with it. It will only push her further away from you.

Cyan Kat, good luck! And enjoy this period :}