✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

every crush is like a white water rapid

Cyan Kat

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Hook and the crocodile that swallowed his watch and was therefore ticking? What have you been watching in your childhood? D:

This was one of the metaphors that actually made sense! :P

I Know the reference I just don't get it's relevance in any way to the song

I Know the reference I just don't get it's relevance in any way to the song

My guess is that it means the character knows he's being watched, and that he can hear the "crocodiles" watching him (because of the clocks ticking)

But, yeah, Chris Martin's head :nod:

Didn't read through all of this, so I apologize if I'm just saying what's already been said!

In my opinion, you should find something that you both like, talk about it. Get to know each other. Maybe become friends first. You said you only hang out with him in big groups? Try and get into a one on one situation. Just don't sit around and let him get away or lose interest.

Can't tell you how many times I've missed out on people, and opportunities because of my self consciousness and commitment issues. Just make sure he knows you're interested. Don't make it obvious though. Guys don't like it to be too easy, just subtly touch his arm when your talking, laugh at his jokes, etc.

But do not, do not, do not pretend to not be interested or be embarrassed of coming across like you are into him. I did that before, played the whole 'hard to get'..'I have no feelings' thing and the guy ended up giving up on me and just finding someone else..

So yeah, just follow your feelings. The worst thing that will happen is he just doesn't feel the same way..And that might feel like a big deal initially, but trust me, you do get over it!

Didn't read through all of this, so I apologize if I'm just saying what's already been said!

In my opinion, you should find something that you both like, talk about it. Get to know each other. Maybe become friends first. You said you only hang out with him in big groups? Try and get into a one on one situation. Just don't sit around and let him get away or loose interest.

Can't tell you how many times I've missed out on people, and opportunities because of my self consciousness and commitment issues. Just make sure he knows you're interested. Don't make it obvious though. Guys don't like it to be too easy, just subtly touch his arm when your talking, laugh at his jokes, etc.

But do not, do not, do not pretend to not be interested or be embarrassed of coming across like you are into him. I did that before, played the whole 'hard to get'..'I have no feelings' thing and the guy ended up giving up on me and just finding someone else..

So yeah, just follow your feelings. The worst thing that will happen is he just doesn't feel the same way..And that might feel like a big deal initially, but trust me, you do get over it!

well I'm not sure about hard to get

I just feel awkward and don't know what to do with myself sometimes and eye contact is weird for me

It's because he's worth it that this is so hard

Ehh you can't guarantee that.

But you should still do it so you learn from it and grow as a person. You become more brave and confident and stuff. So the next times you try to approach someone you fancy, it isn't this hard.

Ehh you can't guarantee that.

But you should still do it so you learn from it and grow as a person. You become more brave and confident and stuff. So the next times you try to approach someone you fancy, it isn't this hard.

yeah that's why I want to ask him in person

and not just message him.

okay thanks Ren :hug:

I'm pretty shy myself irl and i used to have a really hard time asking girls out but don't think about that too much or it gets worse.

The worst thing that could happen is that he says no but like Dee said, that helps you grow as a person and its easier the next time you try to approach someone you like.

Ps. I'd tell you to get a bit tipsy and ask him out but that would be bad advise.. though that always worked for me back in the day :drunk:

You know what, I've waited a long time for someone to say this. :smug:

It's the most annoying thing in the world when a girl does the "hard to get" thing, because a lot of girls do it to keep you on your toes. It's like someone offering you a lift home, and you keeping them standing in the rain, going "Ooh shall I, sharn't I?"

Of course it's different if you don't actually mean to act disinterested. But there's a difference between that and hard to get. You're obviously shy, and he'll see that and find it cute, don't worry about that. :)

But at no point, and I mean no point, test him on how interested he is in you; for example, don't stand him up, ignore his calls, flirt with other guys, tell him you might not be interested in him, and that he's "got to be lucky".

We're simple creatures and we need diagrams for a lot of things girls say. We interpret these signs as "being messed around." :\ If you're as nice around him in real life as you are on here, you'll be fine.

I'm pretty shy myself irl and i used to have a really hard time asking girls out but don't think about that too much or it gets worse.

The worst thing that could happen is that he says no but like Dee said, that helps you grow as a person and its easier the next time you try to approach someone you like.

Ps. I'd tell you to get a bit tipsy and ask him out but that would be bad advise.. though that always worked for me back in the day :drunk:

If nothing else, it gives you a sterling excuse. Last time I told a girl I fancied her, her reply was "We're friends, so I'll put it down to us being drunk." I don't drink. But it was nice that she made the excuse for me. It's because she was thoughtful like that, that's why I liked her, ironically :D

You know what, I've waited a long time for someone to say this. :smug:

It's the most annoying thing in the world when a girl does the "hard to get" thing, because a lot of girls do it to keep you on your toes. It's like someone offering you a lift home, and you keeping them standing in the rain, going "Ooh shall I, sharn't I?"

Of course it's different if you don't actually mean to act disinterested. But there's a difference between that and hard to get. You're obviously shy, and he'll see that and find it cute, don't worry about that. :)

But at no point, and I mean no point, test him on how interested he is in you; for example, don't stand him up, ignore his calls, flirt with other guys, tell him you might not be interested in him, and that he's "got to be lucky".

We're simple creatures and we need diagrams for a lot of things girls say. We interpret these signs as "being messed around." :\ If you're as nice around him in real life as you are on here, you'll be fine.

:nod:

It's not just men (or women) who dislike this. I'm just a dumb kid who's never been in a relationship, but I find that to be a pretty irritating quality in general, it shows lack of maturity and sincerity.

:nod:

It's not just men (or women) who dislike this. I'm just a dumb kid who's never been in a relationship, but I find that to be a pretty irritating quality in general, it shows lack of maturity and sincerity.

Not having been in relationships doesn't make you dumb, neither does being a kid.

It's observation, not old age, that brings wisdom.

Yup!!!!! and some of us have been there.

I so know the situation of chickening out when you wait for him, and wait and then give up and go home. In high school it was for me like that, a bit too many times. One guy I liked for so long during high school and I wanted to talk with him but I didn't dare. Each time we saw eachother it got actually harder to do it, because I chickened out before so basically it never got that far. I then wished I had done it the first few times I had the chance because then it still looked like a barrier I could overtake. It's like diving in the deep, it's like you bungee jump, but hey the feeling afterwards is just as great. And as had been said before, you get stronger from it. It will make it easier next time to ask/tell another guy. This is a practice/experience thingy :S

and not really about this but yeah: I also dislike this hard-to-get thing. !!!

yeah except I'm never invited to any of the parties or nights at the pub they all go to and I'm not such a great drinker anywayz I'd probably tell him something really dumb.