🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

When searching for a relationship, does music really matter that much?

Destrokk

Because I feel bad about this guy that I started to like but he asked me if I like Slipknot. He was really friendly and funny and he really liked music so i was like YEah AlRight but that music sucks, will I miss out?

But the question here, do you think or have you ever felt this way? and why? let me know, be friend.

I would say that it does matter, in the sense that I don't want someone who thinks Nicki Minaj is "expressing herself." Outside of that...

I think when you have similar music tastes it implies that you have other similarities, but it's not necessarily a deal maker or breaker for me. I was in love with someone whose favorite band was Scissor Sisters, which is a terrible group to me.

It's just one thing to have in common: If you do, great, if you don't, great. Whatever.

I will say, though, that if you don't want to fall in love with the type of person who likes ICP or Skrillex or something that's understandable.

I would say that it does matter, in the sense that I don't want someone who thinks Nicki Minaj is "expressing herself." Outside of that...

I think when you have similar music tastes it implies that you have other similarities, but it's not necessarily a deal maker or breaker for me. I was in love with someone whose favorite band was Scissor Sisters, which is a terrible group to me.

It's just one thing to have in common: If you do, great, if you don't, great. Whatever.

gonna take your mama out all night

I will say, though, that if you don't want to fall in love with the type of person who likes ICP or Skrillex or something that's understandable.

I fed a fish to a pelican at Frisco bay; it tried to eat my cell phone, he ran away~

If you're both really into your music and would like to go to gigs and such, a cross over of likes would be cool.

My boyfriend doesn't like a lot of the bands I love and I don't really like several bands he listens to. We still get on great, haha. Though they are several bands we both do love.

How strongly do you feel about your bands? like would you get insulted if he said something bad against them?

I don't think it matters

But if it got to the stage when you were planning a wedding and they were majorly obsessed with a band you hated and wanted all their songs to play or name your children after said band members then that would be a problem... :angry:

It matters to me. One of the first things I ask people when getting to know them is what kind of music do they like. I've ignored guys because of their answers sometimes. I remember one time at a party this guy was like "you're favourite band is justin bieber!?!?1 Am i right?!!?" I just walked away..

But, I've also been with guys who didn't have the best taste in music. Didn't last haha but oh well. But right now, my boyfriend has pretty similar taste in music to me. His favourite band is the rhcp, and mine is radiohead. And we both have gotten each other into each.. But he also really likes some music that I can't stand, and vice versa.

That being said, I'm not with him only because he likes the music I do. But when we first started hanging out, it made me listen, and it was definitely a deal maker.

When i got with my ex, I (jokingly) asked her on our first date what she thought of Twilight, and she said she hated it (which is the correct answer). And then I asked her what she thought of Casualty (the BBC Soap Opera) and she said it was 'Alright' which is good enough (I'm a big fan) and then I went "Finally, what is your opinion on Coldplay?" and she said "Oh my god I absolutely love Coldplay!"

Why we ever broke up I don't know.

I don't think it matters

But if it got to the stage when you were planning a wedding and they were majorly obsessed with a band you hated and wanted all their songs to play or name your children after said band members then that would be a problem... :angry:

Just so you know all of our kids are gonna be named Harry Styles (we have nine), hope this is okay with you.

If you're both really into your music and would like to go to gigs and such, a cross over of likes would be cool.

My boyfriend doesn't like a lot of the bands I love and I don't really like several bands he listens to. We still get on great, haha. Though they are several bands we both do love.

How strongly do you feel about your bands? like would you get insulted if he said something bad against them?

Probably not, unless he was a complete asshole about it. Like claiming that its not ""real""" music. Then I wouldn´t be with him in the first place.

I don´t know, I feel shallow if that's all I think about. But music is very important to me and in some way maybe sometimes the kind of music you listen to sort of shows what kind of person you are..maybe.. probably not.

And I want to be with someone who enjoys music as much as me, and he will probably ask me if I like this band or the other and what if its creed or NICKELBACK :O

But I have met people who have the same taste as me, and one was a real asshole who felt superior because of it.

It shouldn´t even matter, but it´s a huge common interest. Or does that even matter?

a teenager livin da hard life