✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S III

Mollyxyloto

I looovvveeee my iphone :wacky:

Only thing is, I have the 2nd version of the iPhone , which is about.... 3 years old? approx, maybe more

But it is now out of date and I cannot update the phone further which means I can no longer download apps. Kinda sucks.

Appart from iPhones going out of date quite quickly, they're very nice looking and easy to navigate.

Price-wise the iPhone is very expensive and not everyone can afford one, which is probably why they have so much of a bad reputation?

I noticed the people who where bad mouthing them at my school had never actualy owned one before. XD

Essentialy what I'm saying is you should talk to someone in store and get them to tell you all the features and deals you can have with them, if you want to get one. Everyone has their favorites but it's more about individual suitability.

Depends which ecosystem you want to 'invest' in. Apple's locked down walled garden or Android's system (which allows you to install apps from other sources easier ie amazon app store).

As for the hardware, neither floods my boat, I'm happy with my £80 'budget' android 4 phone

I love my iPhone 5 but I haven't actually tested the S III so I'm not going to say that the iPhone is the way to go.

I've bought an used 3GS last year. I was happy with the handling of the iPhone, and I had gotten a huge iTunes gift card for Christmas and therefore had tons of paid apps so it just made sense for me to stick with iPhones.

I love my iPhone 5 but I haven't actually tested the S III so I'm not going to say that the iPhone is the way to go.

I've bought an used 3GS last year. I was happy with the handling of the iPhone, and I had gotten a huge iTunes gift card for Christmas and therefore had tons of paid apps so it just made sense for me to stick with iPhones.

That's the problem, you invest into the ecosystem.

If someone has spent a good few money on apple apps they are unlikely to switch to Android, and vice-versa.

I'm definitely not an andriod fan. I had a Nexus 1 back in the day and I just wasn't happy with it. I didn't find it very intuitive to use.

I have an iPhone 4S and I love it.

I'm eyeing those cool Windows phones, though. I really like them. I good friend has one. Too bad, though, I'm too invested in the Apple ecosystem to jump ship. And I'm satisfied with my iPhone so it's no biggie.

The GS3 was effectively built as the budget Android version of the iPhone, and in all fairness, it is equally as good; if not even better than the phone it was designed as competition to. The GS3 is approximately £150 cheaper and yet has a bigger display, a far superior camera and display quality, is a nicely phone aesthetically and has access to 99% of the apps iPhone users have. I can't say it is BETTER than the iPhone but it definitely is as good as it.

Apple fans go on about how the Apple App Store has thousands and thousands more apps than Google's Play as an advantage. True it might have a lot more apps than Google, but I would guess the vast majority of the apps are crap.

Like "free" games which are not free if you want to actually do anything with it

Guest LiquidSky

I'm not gonna say that the iPhones are better since I've never tried the Galaxy one. I do; however, love my iPhone. I don't really have many apps on it because I hardly know what to download. I got a $100 gift card from Apple so I hardly ever pay for anything. I mostly spend it on music from the itunes store rather than apps. The only apps I have on my phone are:

- A flashlight app (which I surprisingly do tend to use)

- Shazam (which I also use)

- Where

- My fitness pal

- tumblr, instagram, skype, kik, aol radio, a bunch of photo filters, koi pond, tweetgram, idisk, find my phone, which all these were free. The only one that I paid for was Doodle jump which I kinda regret because I hardly ever play it.

The app store has this really nice app about gps but it's expensive. The iphone already has the maps app which is pretty much a gps app. I like the older version better since it was easier for me to navigate and not get lost.

Guest LiquidSky

No, I don't think it's the google maps but it's the app that comes with the phone. Why?

The google map is not on the app store. I just searched for it. At least, I did not find it.

If I were to say which one was the better phone overall, I'd most definitely choose the GSIII without hesitation. However, it comes down to preference in the end. I can say I would never blow money on a phone with an OS that has virtually remained the same since the release of the first iPhone. This being Coldplaying I'm not surprised that apple is fairing better in the polls, but I guess the simple and familiar format is hard to shake for a lot of people who are used to it. I can only see Apple going downhill further in the coming years.

I love and prefer Apple to Android for the same reason most Android fans do not choose Apple I guess ...and it is tight integration, which allows for the use of things like iMessage for example, but at the same time strongly limits customization.

I do not desire or need any more customization than what I can do on an Apple device, but I strongly make use of and appreciate the integration the closed system affords.

So in the end it´s all about what your needs are and which OS better fulfils them.