• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Escapist?

in Life in Technicolor and Death and All His Friends

also guys, this album is almost ten years old and i've only just now realized it starts with life and ends with death. here i was so focused on how cool it is that Viva La Vida is a song about death and Death and All His Friends is a song about life that somehow this one just flew right by me :facepalm::rolleyes:

Mind

Blown

no...

Well, where did Chris recently "tell" us what he had been reading ?

I guess it was on Twitter but I can't find it anymore, it's somewhere between his "favorite songs" tweets.[emoji16]

I guess it was on Twitter but I can't find it anymore, it's somewhere between his "favorite songs" tweets.emoji16.png

Not on Twitter or anything else of that kind.

Funnily, I think the right place to look is even on your mind right now as we speak but maybe you haven't made the connection yet :P

No...

You have to find the two of his kind first (should not be too difficult because it has already been established where to look) and then another person like those two, who is referenced in another Coldplay song, which is the one we're looking for.

Achilles and Hercules are the "two of his kind", Greek mythological figures.So now you need to look for a Greek mythological figure on whom the description fits. Here it is again, in case you forgot about it in the meantime :P

One of his kind he met both in life and death, the other one only as a ghost.

Isn't therea CP song that talks about "flying close to the sun" or something like that? Like Icaras? Wasn't he the one who melted or something? Pardon my obvious ignorance of mythology or all things history or science or math-related!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Isn't therea CP song that talks about "flying close to the sun" or something like that? Like Icaras? Wasn't he the one who melted or something? Pardon my obvious ignorance of mythology or all things history or science or math-related!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

you're right, that line comes from Fun, but in both that and Ladder to the Sun Chris does mention Icarus by name :thinking:

i'm thinking the person we're looking for might be Odysseus? but i'm having trouble thinking further than that right now :p

Yes ! When Odysseus, on his journeys, comes across the underworld, he meets the ghosts of Achilles and Heracles (Hercules) among other people. He knows and had interacted with Achilles before during the Troyan War, but had never met Heracles before, hence the clue.

Now, which Coldplay song ? :)