Guess coldplay song

Coldplayer_42_arobtth

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am geographically challenged! I have literally not left my own backyard- Chicago, in 14 years! So i am sitting this one out! I have a great new puzzle if I ever win!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

You don't need any geographical knowledge that you can't get from looking at Google Maps ! Come on, give it a try :)

I can't say more on that without giving it away, but I wanna emphasize two hints I've already given:

1. Maybe look at some chart positions for various Coldplay songs to get a feel, you may notice something interesting

2. The places of your journey can be reached from your starting point by car in a reasonable amount of time, no other transportation required.

Do you have to look on European charts, or even specific to a country? I don't have a clue how to find those.

New riddle:

For this riddle, let yourself be invited to a journey.

Start in the place where the balloon took off never to be seen on this side of the great ocean again. From there, move towards the place where a song's position on the charts cannot be defined by one number alone. As you move in the same direction, one particular line of the song might come true for you. Move further in the same geographical direction and you'll eventually arrive at one of only two places in the world where this song was a number one hit.

Amsterdam. Because you can get there from Paris.

Looking at European charts is a good place to start. Bear in mind what places can and cannot be reached from the starting point (Paris) like I said.

Amsterdam. Because you can get there from Paris.

Is Amsterdam your song answer ?

rolleyes.JPG.4c79aeb8a6c237dcba0975e48abe04ed.JPG

OK, since I really want to get rid of this riddle (preferably today !) and hand over to someone else:

Can anyone think of a country reachable within a few hours by car (or train.... :rolleyes:) from Paris where there isn't one but two official chart lists ? If yes, why is that the case and can you think of a Coldplay lyric in a song that kind of touches on that 'phenomenon' ? This is our song.

And what country would you next get to if you continue going in that direction ? This country was apart from Poland the only country where this song hit No.1 on the regular charts.

My last attempt.

The only song I can think of is Talk.

In Belgium we have a Flemish chart and a French chart.

They are talking in a language I don't speak is the lyric.

Next country is The Netherlands.

But... this song was a nr 1 hit in Poland, The Netherlands and the US. So that doesn't fit.

• Like 1

Yes !!!! :D

And well no, it didn't score No.1 in the official Billboard 100, which is the general US charts, only in specific subcharts (Dance Club and Adult Alternative), which is not the same.

(How this riddle came to be: When I researched something for your last riddle on Wikipedia, I stumbled by chance on the fact that Belgium has two separate charts for the different regions. And that for example the same Coldplay song sometimes has completely different rankings according to the region. I had never considered that, so I found it pretty interesting and decided to make a riddle about it :D)

• Like 1

But you never specifically told it had to be nr 1 in an official chart, just a nr 1. [emoji849]

We have more charts than those 2 in Belgium and probably in other countries too. That's why I only found 5 songs that qualified.

Finally I can send off the post I typed half an hour ago...

The forums crashed emoji16.png

I noticed too. And right now it happened again !

The Flemish ultratop has 11 charts.

I looked them up using the song wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_(Coldplay_song)

Nevermind, I got it in the end.

It only mentions the regular ones of Belgium (and other countries except the US) in the song articles on Wikipedia though. I clicked on the Ultratop article but again these are sub-genre charts, right ? I mean, Dance, Urban, Vlaams Kids (pretty sure K3 is big in this :D)

Also: Hey, you had two extra clues related to your own 'backyard' !

To cheer you up: Look at who is two entries above Coldplay in this list !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_number-one_singles_in_the_Dutch_Top_40

I can also offer to send you a relaxing flute tune to cheer you up even further, but.... *runs away*

• Like 1

Finally I can send off the post I typed half an hour ago...

I noticed too. And right now it happened again !

It only mentions the regular ones of Belgium (and other countries except the US) in the song articles on Wikipedia though. I clicked on the Ultratop article but again these are sub-genre charts, right ? I mean, Dance, Urban, Vlaams Kids (pretty sure K3 is big in this :D)

Also: Hey, you had two extra clues related to your own 'backyard' !

To cheer you up: Look at who is two entries above Coldplay in this list !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_number-one_singles_in_the_Dutch_Top_40

I can also offer to send you a relaxing flute tune to cheer you up even further, but.... *runs away*

I see what you did there
  • Like 1

On the day of tomorrow an event took place in a place with the same characteristic as the line in the song I'm looking for.

addition:

To prevent issues with timezones: I have posted this riddle on 23 February 2018. :)