✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin announces solo album + tour

Black Rose

Imagine if Chris follows in the footsteps of other bands and puts out a solo album of "songs written but they are not really 'coldplay' songs" and does a smallish solo acoustic tour playing the solo stuff mixed up with solo-acoustic versions of some greatest hits plus some rarities.

What would you do?

Then you tell them he released two already and just finished his world tour.

Who can forget his album "The Revolution is coming", released under the fake name "William Galbraith" back in 2009?

Highly praised but didn't sell that well as it was a new singer which no-one knew about. Shame he didn't hire a firm of lawyers to accidentally 'leak' the connection sending it rocking to the top of the best-sellers list

Which famous author wrote a book under a false name ending with "Galbraith"?

Book wasn't selling that well, so she got the lawyers to 'leak' the connection, acted all shocked and angry but was happy with all the extra money coming in.

Hence I wouldn't put it passed a famous singer in a band to release an album under a false name, although it would be harder to pull off with similar vocals

In all honesty I don't mind solo/side projects as long as they don't take away from the productivity of the main band. In some cases it is even a benificial way for the artist to get out some of their more... let's say experimental ideas... that wouldn't quite work on their bands records. It is when you start seein more solo/side project releases then actual original band output that I think it becomes a problem. Having said I would rather see lp6 before a hypothetical Chris Martin solo record.

In all honesty I don't mind solo/side projects as long as they don't take away from the productivity of the main band. In some cases it is even a benificial way for the artist to get out some of their more... let's say experimental ideas... that wouldn't quite work on their bands records. It is when you start seein more solo/side project releases then actual original band output that I think it becomes a problem. Having said I would rather see lp6 before a hypothetical Chris Martin solo record.

I agree wholeheartedly. Put out lp6, don't make too many solo projects, and it should be welcomed.

• 3 months later...